PDA

View Full Version : Going Shoot Computer

MvM
02-09-2004, 05:33 AM
:helpsmile: :frusty: ok now i figured out how to set up so i have a high ID but edonkey is being evil and telling me im behind a "stealth" firewall im using a router as most have guessed i just need a SIMPLE answer dont explain what this and that does just tell me what to look for in settings and what to set it to. then email [email protected] or whatever

Arathorn
02-09-2004, 09:11 PM
Are you using Windows XP? In that case you probably still have the Windows Firewall on, you have to switch it off, it's worthless anyway. Get a decent one like Sygate instead. To switch it off, go to your connection settings and the advanced tab.

MvM
02-09-2004, 11:17 PM
no see i dont use the gayest windows version. but that is a common prob and thx for trying to help ok i have windows 2000 i have ADSL running at 256dl 128up now i have a router but i was able to set up the IP thing so i have a HIGH id but after i fix that prob i get another. now pls just tell how to make a router stop acting like a fire wall since im almost sure thats it now im going to look at IE setting do you think that might change anything? thx
BTW im running a version with a up loader to increase speeds but im still trying to get better then 8kps. but the uploader makes it go from 2k to 8k to about 8k to 20k but still. and no the files r still about the same amout of sorces so its not just that. :helpsmile: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :helpsmile:

MvM
02-10-2004, 12:17 AM
B) B) :music1: im d/l fast and all that stuff i found that way to simply set it so you have a HIGH ID and have no firewall :D now any 1 want any help ill gladly help. now my d/l speeds shot up :D . now this is a must, if all people using onvernet had no firewall and no freeking LOW IDs then d/ls would go soooo freeking fast and all would be happy. :D and i thank all people was helping other so now i got a simple way to do it. :D :D :D B) just ask and ill post it on form and ill be starting a new topic to tell all. after i type it up :P but i wont get it dont for a little while since i do have other stuff to do.