PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Ad-ware!

JHD1489
02-09-2004, 07:28 AM
Okay 1st question what does adware actually do?Second when I installed it and used it, worked normally, after I deleted the "neccesary" files I started surfing around the net and later I downloaded the k-lite codec pack when I tried to install it it said something about windows socket error or something so I stopped installing and after that I downloaded soulseek and when I finished installing soulseek I tried to open it but it said windows sockets initialization failed...please can somebody help me!!!! :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

I know what it said now(klite codec):

C:\Windows\System\shoutcastsource.ax

Unable to register the DLL/OCX:LoadLibrary failed; code 1114.
A Dynamic Link Library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

MUSLEMAN
02-09-2004, 01:05 PM
sounds like you deleted stuff you should not have with your adaware, find out the exact name of the .dll file you are missing then go here (http://www.dll-files.com/efaq.shtml) find it downlaod it and put it back in the same directory its missing from

JHD1489
02-10-2004, 03:17 AM
Well the problem is I cannot go to the internet(right now i am using my dad's computer) and how do I figure out what file I am missing(my router doesn't work; a window keeps popping up that says windows sockets initialization failed...) pleas help me!!!

MUSLEMAN
02-10-2004, 11:02 AM
i'm not sure but if you have xp try and os repair, i think you have deleted some registry keys boss.

but again don't hold me to it i'm not sure, do an os repair if nobosy else has a better idea

JHD1489
02-11-2004, 04:48 AM
thanx musleman ill try that(do u know how to do an OS repair for windows 98? do I need a program?), also I saw this on a website that says I need to download Service Pack 2 for windows to restore my windows sockets....is this true? and can some1 tell me where I can find one? that would be great thanks...

h1
02-11-2004, 05:48 AM
Just go to Ad-Aware and restore all the backups. ;) Then go delete the ad-/spyware in small amounts until you find the problem, just delete everything else at that point. :)

MUSLEMAN
02-11-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by haxor41789@11 February 2004 - 01:48
Just go to Ad-Aware and restore all the backups. ;) Then go delete the ad-/spyware in small amounts until you find the problem, just delete everything else at that point. :)
if adaware has your backups then that would be the easiest way, try haxor's idea first :lol:

JHD1489
02-14-2004, 03:40 AM
well I kinda uninstalled it(the adware) and I can't do an OS Reapir how can I fix this?

h1
02-14-2004, 05:09 AM
Just reinstall it. :) Ad-aware doesn't remove backups by default... I think... :ph34r:

twisterX
02-14-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by JHD1489@9 February 2004 - 07:28
Okay 1st question what does adware actually do?Second when I installed it and used it, worked normally, after I deleted the "neccesary" files I started surfing around the net and later I downloaded the k-lite codec pack when I tried to install it it said something about windows socket error or something so I stopped installing and after that I downloaded soulseek and when I finished installing soulseek I tried to open it but it said windows sockets initialization failed...please can somebody help me!!!! :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

I know what it said now(klite codec):

C:\Windows\System\shoutcastsource.ax

Unable to register the DLL/OCX:LoadLibrary failed; code 1114.
A Dynamic Link Library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
I can only anwser your first question becuase i don't understand the reas.

Ad-ware is like advertisments and it will like show you many pop-ups and ad banners. You can get ad-aware and get it removed. Just search for it cuz i don't know the link. ;)