3. emule- the more u upload the more dl speed u get

<_<

Sparkle1984
02-09-2004, 07:05 PM
Maybe we are better off buying stuff?

Buying stuff??&#33;&#33; What does that mean?&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:

testos
02-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Man Be happy&#33; You gotta thank god ;) lol for this u know it&#39;s free man u can find anything u want... ok to wait is little bit dumb :confused: man im also waiting loong for downloads but u need to have patience&#33; B)

Peace :afro:

Darth Sushi
02-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by bogaaa@9 February 2004 - 16:53

Hey, those are RIAA/MPAA fighting words&#33; <_<

nanotek
02-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Darth Sushi+9 February 2004 - 19:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Darth Sushi &#064; 9 February 2004 - 19:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bogaaa@9 February 2004 - 16:53

Hey, those are RIAA/MPAA fighting words&#33; <_< [/b][/quote]
and do they impress us ?

no :P

bogaaa
02-09-2004, 09:19 PM
Lol I just bought this game MS Flight Sim 2004 cuz it took to long to download
Will be bringing it back tmrow cuz it sucks :01:

internet.news
02-09-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by bogaaa@9 February 2004 - 16:53
Every damn thing sucks big time.
Kazaa (lite) is corrupted as hell
BT peers dont like to share / Trackers suck sometimes
DC ++ requires 50 Terabyte shared files before you can participate
Emule is slower then a 80 year old lady in traffic
1000000 on que with IRc

Did you try SoulSeek for your hurted soul?

Edited: MS Flight Simulator 2004? I have it, my cousin sent it to me as a present.
Tried it out a little. But as you bought it now... I also could sent it to you by normal
mail as shipping charges not too high for me ;) as I did last year to a nice guy in
France - Bordeaux with WinXP ;)

bogaaa
02-09-2004, 11:03 PM
naa but tnx for the offer&#33;

powerstick
02-10-2004, 12:08 AM
We need someone on ODC to make a server for at least a 1.5 mb connection and only 3 slots open. In addition to that only 1 hub open at a time. That way the files can be distributed fast and a lot of ppl could recieve the files fast. The share size needs to be at least 10 gigs so we won&#39;t have a lot of leachers. If you would like to host this or help with this pm me.

bogaaa
02-10-2004, 12:13 AM
Come again

NightStalker
02-10-2004, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by powerstick@9 February 2004 - 19:08
We need someone on ODC to make a server for at least a 1.5 mb connection and only 3 slots open. In addition to that only 1 hub open at a time. That way the files can be distributed fast and a lot of ppl could recieve the files fast. The share size needs to be at least 10 gigs so we won&#39;t have a lot of leachers. If you would like to host this or help with this pm me.
And if that happened the size of the sharing would be reduced to a fraction. ;)

powerstick
02-10-2004, 07:14 PM
I don&#39;t think the sharing would be reduced greatly because ppl would be able to recieve files faster/upload faster = greater files and share.

Sparkle1984
02-10-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by powerstick@9 February 2004 - 23:08
Where I live there is no such thing as a 1.5mb connection. (East of England). The fastest possible speed provided is 1mb on cable, but most people have about 512k on adsl or 600K on cable. And if you travel out even just a few miles into the countryside or some small towns and villages, there is no such thing as broadband at all; they are stuck with 56k.

So you would be excluding many millions of people in the world if you did this. :frusty:

Myself, I have a 150k cable connection (initially intended for educational purposes&#33;&#33; :lol: )

supersonic
02-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@10 February 2004 - 00:35

Buying stuff??&#33;&#33; What does that mean?&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol:
Download &#036;&#036;&#036;. :)

powerstick
02-11-2004, 08:28 AM
Where I live the population is 416 ppl. Every company I have talked to said that broadband or t1 or cable is not avalable. After I looked for a period of 2 years, I found my self a broadband company. I had to pay for a dish and all but it&#39;s broadband. Well actually I have my own tower. There is always starband. It is found here. http://www.electronics4less.twoffice.com/

We need to pressure the companies offering dial up and tell them that we don&#39;t want that shit&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; It is slowing the world down&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I had dial up for 4 years and I wanted to just lay over and die. Dl a file would take ages. It was ok for music files of kLight but anything else it sucked.

Scattershot
02-11-2004, 12:45 PM
Man, when I think back to dial-up, I&#39;m thinking back to starting up a million files in K-Lite, turn the screen off, close the door, and go to school. come back 8 hours later, hopefully to find that the 70mb :rolleyes: file, among others, has been fully downloaded.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-11-2004, 01:08 PM
;) I never even started Downloading Music untell I got DSL.There is no way I could have the Patience with 56k.

powerstick
02-14-2004, 04:50 AM
Today my isp disconnected my service from the net. Many people were calling them reporting snail speed service and function ability. My isp traced it back to my computer and they stated that my computer was either functioning as a server, has a virus which is sending itself out to all the ip addresses it can find, or a few other things. They said that I was connected to 20,000 different computers at the same time with different ip addresses transferring date in and out. I was not notified of this at work when they cut off my connection. I came home at 6:30 PM to find that my connection had been dropped. I tried a few different things to maneuver it but nothing worked. I then called my isp (Texas Broadband) and I was told that I was disconnected @ 2:30 remotely because of the items stated above. They asked me what I was doing and I told them I was at work and that I wasn’t doing anything. I told them that I leave my computer on 24/7 and share files. They told me that I don’t need to do this. I told them that I use Overnet and I don’t know why I was connected to 20, 000 different ip addresses at the same time. I was told to run an anti virus which runs in the background. I then did a through background scan of my entire pc and everything was clean. I use Norton Anti Virus. That means that it is Overnet which has caused me to connect to 20,000 different computers at the same time. (I don’t care if I’m connected to 100,000. What the hell does it matter?) Anyways, I have been waiting for a telephone call from them for some time now. (About 3 hours) I am using a dial up connection as of the time I am writing this. (MSN) I had my maximum # of connections set to 60 as I was told by Musleman to do. If I pay for my own connection, why can’t I use up all of the bandwidth that I want? In the tos it doesn’t say anything about bandwidth. Also now when I boot up my computer, it takes about 1----1.3 minutes to boot up. Why is this? I run my disk defragmenter every day. Could this be something to do with it?

I am now considering another isp if my isp is going to be disconnecting me for using so much bandwidth and sharing files. This is censorship if you ask me. I was even told by Warren that he uses Kazaa Lite. He works for the company. I had the isp remove my hardware firewall about a month ago when I questioned them about it. Anyway, what is the fastest connection one could get and not have this problem? I am talking about what would be equal to what I have now maybe? I have wireless broadband 768 KB/s. I was just fixing to switch to 1.5 mbps in a month too. I just switched from 256 KB/s to 768 KB/S. Man this sucks now. Any suggestions?

junkyardking
02-14-2004, 05:47 AM
20,000 is a virus/trojan, nortons crap plus some viruses delete there definations in the anti virus software itself, i would try an other virus software like AVG it&#39;s free http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php once installed run update then start a complete test...

Also run the free scan which is under free services here http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp

After that get spy bot destroy http://www.safer-networking.org/ and adaware http://www.lavasoft.de/ update and run both as well.....

If its clean after all that then maybe it&#39;s your ISP :huh:

junkyardking
02-14-2004, 05:52 AM
Also do you have a firewall, you shouldnt go without one
This ones free
http://www.kerio.com/kpf_download.html

powerstick
02-14-2004, 07:43 PM
I use Norton which runs in the background, Ad-Aware Professional after I install a program usually along with Spy Bot S&D. They didn&#39;t detect the trojan that I had and neither did Norton. I use Black Ice Firewall. Thanks for the info. A lot of people say that AVG is better than Norton. I also hear that Norton is better than AVG. I had AVG on my other machine and it worked perfectly for me. Every once in awhile I use TrendMicro (http://housecall.trendmicro.com/) which is free for online virus scanning if you go to the webpage. I haven&#39;t used it in a while but I am going to use it this afternoon. I have a lot of homework to do for college which is due tonight so I have to wait a bit to do another virus scan. Norton says I&#39;m clean, SpyBot S&D says I&#39;m clean, Ad-Aware Pro says clean, along with A2 Personal (an anti trojan program). I think I&#39;m good for now. I have to get this hw done so I won&#39;t get a bad grade. I am currently a sophmore and I am carring a 4.0. I don&#39;t want to let my grade slip.

See this post for more info about the problem. Need A New Hub, Any Volunteers (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?act=ST&f=57&t=99666)

I used A2 Personal and I found trojandropper.win32.exe I looked it up on google, hotbot, ask jeves, and lycos but I didn&#39;t find the specified trojan. I got this trojan from ODC. From now on I am doing a trojan scan every few days. Also A2 Personal automatically updates for new trojans and runs in the background. I am definately keeping this program. I spoke to my isp also and they told me that they will put my connection back up but they recomend that I get a corporate account since I stream about 400 KB. It flunctuates but that is about average as of now. They told me that I am filling up their pipes with my connection. If they have another problem I am going to a corporate account so I can do anything I want with it with no problems. Btw it cost way more so thats why they are wanting me to go to it I think.

My machine is now cleaned. I am happy for this moment.

blitz
02-16-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by bogaaa@9 February 2004 - 15:53
Every damn thing sucks big time.
Kazaa (lite) is corrupted as hell
BT peers dont like to share / Trackers suck sometimes
DC ++ requires 50 Terabyte shared files before you can participate
Emule is slower then a 80 year old lady in traffic
1000000 on que with IRc

Just do whatever you think is right -OR- what you like doing.

chitowng09
02-16-2004, 05:35 PM
I have tried many different file-sharing programs, and for the most part, they blow

kazaa lite is the best one, and downloading music is easy but when it comes to movies and games, there are not enough people with good connections who are sharing and more often than not, it goes really really slow

I wish there was some way we could only allow those who share to download stuff

BTW why dont&#39; people just upgrade to cable or dsl??? it&#39;s a whopping maybe 10 15 more dollars

powerstick
02-17-2004, 11:15 AM
I dunno. I have found Overnet the best for new releases. I haven&#39;t used Kazaa Lite Resurection in over a week. I have been on Overnet for quite a while now. I have only found one fake in my dl&#39;s. Watch out thought because there are a lot of fakes. Try to use only verified links. I often find a movie I am downlloading while I check my sources called ex: real name: bad santa... name from some of my sources: girls gone wild, girls gone wild 2, the 25th hours, exc.

I don&#39;t know how Overnet finds out what is the same file out of all that you are dl but it seems to work well. I&#39;m just hoping that Overnet doesn&#39;t accidentally dl many parts of many movies as one movie since their are a lot of fakes. Just be careful. I have not dl any real and fake parts as one movie. I&#39;m hoping that I don&#39;t . I usually find all the movies that are in theatres on Overnet along with some dvd releases and older films. You have to be patient though. I recomend having your pc up 24/7 to dl and share so everyone has good sources. I am thinking about making a ed2k links page for people using this board. I have 2 domains but I haven&#39;t had time to create a board for it for my domain. If you can help please tell me. I work full time + I am a full time college student. I am very buisy. I usually just watch about 3 movies or so when I get a chance like on Sat or so if I&#39;m not @ work. Overnet seems to be the best. I have tried just about all of the other clean versions of diff. file sharing apps.