PDA

View Full Version : Windows Service Pack 2 Beta

Maximus359
02-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Hey i've just dl sp2 & it was running great until i noticed activeX crap comming up, stop me from loading a few web pages. i've been through me internet options setting to defaults, changed to low settings etc, u name in there, i keep getting this box appearing saying the ActiveX controls on this page

"Your current Security Settings Prohibit Running ActiveX Controls on this Page. As a result, the Page may not display Correctly"

Having a laugh display correctly how about it comes up with screen when you have no internet connection.

Any idears in how to tackle this?

kaiweiler
02-09-2004, 10:00 PM
I don't usually trust beta's in general, ESPECIALLY not on a service pack!
I'd say just wait till the real thing comes out, no rush

firefox
02-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Oooops, who in there right mind would install a beta of a service pack, espically from Microsoft. Wait until the full version comes out and even then do some testing first before you install it.

Xero Grid
02-09-2004, 10:18 PM
I would install it... but NOT on a computer that actually exists! :lol:

You should've tried VMware (http://www.vmware.com/) and saved yourself a lot of trouble by installing it virtually.

-- Xero Grid --

shn
02-10-2004, 01:47 AM
It has a lot of security features that do not work that well. I installed it on a throwaway box and they have a lot of work to do.

Maximus359
02-10-2004, 09:39 PM
Any idears how to change the security settings?

shn
02-10-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Maximus359@10 February 2004 - 15:39
Any idears how to change the security settings?
For the beta...........no. I assume it will be easier to do in the final version. The only security issues I had problems with was the annoying firewall that I dont need. I disabled it but it still gave me problems so I said the hell with sp2.

Energizer_God
02-29-2004, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Maximus359@9 February 2004 - 20:24
Hey i've just dl sp2 & it was running great until i noticed activeX crap comming up, stop me from loading a few web pages. i've been through me internet options setting to defaults, changed to low settings etc, u name in there, i keep getting this box appearing saying the ActiveX controls on this page

"Your current Security Settings Prohibit Running ActiveX Controls on this Page. As a result, the Page may not display Correctly"

Having a laugh display correctly how about it comes up with screen when you have no internet connection.

Any idears in how to tackle this?
man i got the same problem. even when my is firewall disable i get it

tesco
02-29-2004, 04:03 AM
i just installed build 2082 and it is much betetr than build 2055. If you dont have it already get build 2082.

btw, to fix the active x problem go to tools>options>security then for each of the four things go to custom, then click reset near the bttom of the window and it will reset teh defaults which fixed the active x problems for me, but since getting build 2082 i havent received one error :)

hi_what_is_up!
02-29-2004, 12:28 PM
I had 2055, and it wouldn't let iTunes or and online shockwave or flash games connect and I tried everything so I said screw it and did a SysRestore.

tesco
03-01-2004, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by hi_what_is_up!@29 February 2004 - 07:28
I had 2055, and it wouldn't let iTunes or and online shockwave or flash games connect and I tried everything so I said screw it and did a SysRestore.
so it didnt work out eh? thats too bad im sorry to hear, mine is still working fine though so im not sure why you are having troubles.