PDA

View Full Version : Rpg

Twist3r
02-10-2004, 03:32 AM
Hi i have never played a RPG in my life, but a friend of mine told me that they are just as fun as FPS so im looking into them, what exactly do u do in a "Roll Playing Game" what do they mean by Role?

could u guys tell me your favorite RPG and tell me what you do in them?

:D thanks in advanced :D

Dark Ride
02-10-2004, 04:22 AM
It has nothin' to do with FPS.The best RPG games were released for the SNES (Super Nintendo Entertaiment System) console.I suggest you get an SNES emulator and some roms like: Terranigma, Zelda, Chrono Trigger ... etc.

Visit ROMnation (http://www.romnation.net) for more information and downloads.

If you are more interested in PC RPGs than do a search on this board and you will find some threads with RPG games suggestions

-----
To answer your main quesion:

A RPG (Role Playing Game) is a game where you usualy controll a character (the hero in most cases) and can talk to people, collect items, fight monsters, etc.
Most RPGs are in a third person view.
There are a few types of RPGs like:
RPG, Action/RPG, Strategy/RPG, MMORPG (Masive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game), etc.

I like Action/RPG most, couse there you can fight and there's some more action in the game as in normal RPG

Strategy/RPG is for example Warcraft III, ...

MMORPG is Everquest, World Of Warcraft, ...

I hope that helped. If not you can visit this site (http://www.rpghost.com/) for more information and RPG reviews.

Twist3r
02-10-2004, 04:45 AM
i finnally get it, thanks for clearing that up for me :D
im going to check out some of thoughs SNES games and war craft 3

thx agan!

Wolfmight
02-10-2004, 05:00 AM
I suggest you Try these 2 awsome snes rpgs to getcha started:
Chrono Trigger (time traveler, nice story)
Earthbound (modern day, but the earth is becoming taken over by another life and it gets pretty good)

I've beat them both and would say they are my favorite snes rpgs.

Dark Ride
02-10-2004, 05:15 AM
Chrono Trigger is classic, but Earthbound starts to be very stupid after 5 minutes or so.I would suggest:

Terranigma
Chrono Trigger
Illusion Of Gaia (Illusion Of Time)
Soulblazer
Zelda
Final Fantasy
Star Ocean
Behamud lagoon
Tales Of Phantasia

Monkeee
02-10-2004, 05:17 AM
get any of the final fantasy collection... they own all RPG"s :D

gildan2020
02-10-2004, 05:19 AM
try neverwinter nights...its quite good

but the best is old...like diablo2, baldur's gate 2...these are real classics, u've gotta try them

ps: they're not roms, they're pc games

silent VI
02-10-2004, 09:28 AM
chrono trigger then crono cross those are some of the best oldshool rpgs ever

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-10-2004, 10:34 AM
:D What about ACT Raiser?That was a good one also on the SNES.One of my Favorites. :D

Wolfmight
02-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Dark Ride@9 February 2004 - 23:15
Chrono Trigger is classic, but Earthbound starts to be very stupid after 5 minutes or so.I would suggest:

Terranigma
Chrono Trigger
Illusion Of Gaia (Illusion Of Time)
Soulblazer
Zelda
Final Fantasy
Star Ocean
Behamud lagoon
Tales Of Phantasia
you forgot "Secret of Evermore"
also "Harvest moon" was pretty addictive in a way back then

iMartin
02-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Dark Ride@9 February 2004 - 22:22
Zelda, Chrono Trigger.
Best damn games ever made on the SNES! Download and play them, you'll see what I'm talking about :beerchug: Oh wait, you can't forget Earthbound, it's a classic too.

CadeLaguana
02-10-2004, 04:53 PM
Sorry to go off subject here but; Funky, I don't think I have ever seen you post in game world before :lol: . I know this doesn't seem necessary to mension this but...it's odd. I imagine you have posted in gameworld before but...usually when I see that sig and avatar, it's usually in the lounge or in music world. I really thought it was neccessary to pause for a second and comprehend this by posting about it. I apologize, and please, continue your conversation guys.

Man this is wierd...

I'm like wow... :blink: :o

Ahh I won't be totally off so: Yea I like rpg's...they are nice... I like them. The end.

Peace B)

EDIT: Also I thought I might add(since I'm already off the subject), I am probably the only member who posts here regulary that has been here since march of last year who still doesn't have 5 stars under my name. I wouldn't spam to get it. It would give a nice touch to the toilet paper...hmm

There should be some policy...if you are here for about a year, give em 5 stars

Ahh I need a life. Bye. B)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-10-2004, 07:31 PM
:D I Love Video Games.I am not into them as much as I use to.The past Year or so it has been collecting Music.

But man I grew up on the stuff.Have always been into Video Games.Just I never have the Latest or the Greatest.

I have been back to Playing Delta Force Task Force Dagger.Mainly CO OP Games on there.

Its old and not the best.But its fun.Like all the Delta Force Games. :D

Benno
02-10-2004, 08:00 PM
You should have a look at Morrowind and Gothic 2, in my opinion the best RPGs :)

Twist3r
02-11-2004, 12:01 AM
at romnation i cannot find zelda there all pertected or something, but im finding all the other SNES games though the download speeds arnt very good i should have all of them by tonight\

btw thanks to all who replied

mr. nails
02-11-2004, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@10 February 2004 - 04:34
:D What about ACT Raiser?That was a good one also on the SNES.One of my Favorites. :D
don't have url at the moment, but plans of remake is in the air. can't wait! i too enjoyed this game. ;)

*edit: here (http://www.cubed-3.co.uk/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1540) u go.

iMartin
02-11-2004, 02:47 AM
A good place to get roms without any restrictions are...

The ROM Hustler (http://home.wanadoo.nl/wvsanten)

OML Classics (http://www.omlclassics.com/snes/)

Edge Emulation (http://www.edgeemu.com) - Requires free registration, but it's worth it.

Twist3r
02-11-2004, 04:01 AM
k i have downloaded the following NES and SNES RPGs

SNES:

Illusion Of Gaia
Earthbound
Terranigma
Chrono Tiger
Bahamut lagoon
Act Raiser
Star Ocean

NES:

Final Fantasy 1
Zelda

i havn't played all of them yet but i plan on playing each one,
i am going to be downloading a good PC rpg too but i dont know which one yet
thanks to all who contributed and helped me find some kickass games!

Rip The Jacker
02-11-2004, 04:27 AM
Get The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for SNES, all the games in the Zelda series rule! B)

abu_has_the_power
02-11-2004, 06:56 AM
abu's picks:
zelda
diablo and 2
warcraft 3
kotor
ff all o them
chrono trigger
i can't think of any other good ones. i havn't played that many. i'm more of a action/adventure/fps/go crazy and shoot everything type of gamer. lol