PDA

View Full Version : No Other Proxy Working Except Isp Proxy

BawA
02-11-2004, 08:15 AM
:helpsmile:

i was usin diffrent proxy with mozila and it was working till yesterday but suddenly stoped working and i changed proxy to another but still didnt work only proxy given by ISP was working which i dont like it blocks any illegle site
is there any way that ISp stops me from usin another proxy

:helpsmile:

I.am
02-11-2004, 10:11 AM
Could be but I doubt it. Maybe that proxy doesnt work? go to http://proxys4u.proboards24.com/index.cgi and it has plenty of working proxies as well links to tools to check yourself.

SeK612
02-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Whats an open port proxy? Also is there such thing as a stable anonymous proxy. Quite alot seem to die after a while and they slow down speeds considerably :(

james_bond_rulez
02-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by SeK612@11 February 2004 - 02:45
Whats an open port proxy? Also is there such thing as a stable anonymous proxy. Quite alot seem to die after a while and they slow down speeds considerably :(
an open proxy is a proxy server that allows computers outside the proxy's own network/lan to connect to it and fetch information for these computers. If configured improperly, it can be used to hack, denial-of-service attack other computers, or used as a relay for sending mass emails.

a lot of virus and worms will turn infected computer with broadband internet connection into open proxies, which serve as relays for the malicious activities mentioned above.

There are cheap commerical proxy server such www.anonx.com that provide excellent anonymous proxy service and it's fast and reliable too :lol:

I.am
02-11-2004, 07:32 PM
The site I gave check it they update proxies almost on daily basis. You can download a software called charan, that will check the validity of that proxy. Go on the forums above and check it out. :)

BawA
02-12-2004, 06:40 AM
is there any way that my ISP stops me from using other proxies, cuz i have daut that they have done this