PDA

View Full Version : Mirc Auto Accept

Markil
02-11-2004, 01:01 PM
I used the tutorial per venom, but whenever I am notified that someone is trying to send me a file, the msg window just sits there. I've tried it 3 times and each time the same. It will sits until it times out. Any ideas? Thanks

ravendark
02-11-2004, 08:45 PM
the first issue for this is, are you behind a firewall or router. if so you must forward the ports to your computer. lets say 1024 - 4096 but the range is up to you but make it a good sized range like the example. then in mIRC go to mIRC Options>>DCC>>Options and enter the range you forwarded into the DCC Ports section.

if it still doesnt work, then the problem is with the bot serving and not with you

lightshow
02-11-2004, 08:53 PM
Also, make sure the option of Ignore is disabled .

Markil
02-11-2004, 11:05 PM
Thanks! Will give it a shot.

Markil
02-12-2004, 05:18 AM
Could anyone please direct me to some instructions for this that are written for the novice? Im trying, but what I've found so far, assumes too much of my computer prowess. I need simple instructions :blink: Thanks for you help!

ravendark
02-12-2004, 06:31 AM
i found a small little walkthrough CLICK (http://www.mishscript.de/ircguide/appb2.htm)

but remember, it is hardware specific. you must read the manual, or online help of the
manufacturer of your hardware (there wil be differences) then go through the sticky at the top of this section again. just to be sure

and as i mentioned, it could very well be the bot your trying to download from is not configured properly

Markil
02-12-2004, 06:17 PM
I ckd out the walk through. On the first step where you are instructed to type in 192.168.1.1 , I did, and nothing happens. Well, It actually says page cannot be displayed. I use NIS 2004, I went to their site, under support, i searched for forwarding ports, it led me to my exact question, but there is no place in their instructions for adding port numbers. I looked thoughout the program and found nothing that remotely resembles this process. Im still stuck :( I know this is taking up your time, but if you can help me, I would really appreciate it. I have having to sit here in front of the puter, just to watch a bot go offline and me have to redo everything. Thanks again. Markil

Benno
02-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Have you tried to download from another bot yet?

ravendark
02-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Markil@12 February 2004 - 14:17
I use NIS 2004
see i am no help here, i have never personally used a software based firewall. my cable/dsl modem/router has a built in firewall, i have never had the need for software based. your best bet is to find a support forum of some type through Norton, or if you paid for the software ( which for something like this is a good idea) call there support line or drop them an email. they would know better than anyone.

incidentally the guides i posted will mean nothing as they are for "hardware" firewalls/routers, thats why it didnt work out for you.

wish i could be of more help, but alas i am stumped.

Markil
02-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Thanks for trying.

Mercy
02-13-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by ravendark@11 February 2004 - 21:45
the first issue for this is, are you behind a firewall or router. if so you must forward the ports to your computer.  lets say 1024 - 4096 but the range is up to you but make it a good sized range like the example.

wtf do u need that whole range for ?
i would say 10 ports would be fine .. which means 10 file transfere at one time ..
u dont need to open that whole port range !

Edit :
mr. Markil i use norton personal firewall .. and i have never faced trouble with it downloading from mIRC .. have u tried disabling it while sending the trigger ? i dont think it is related .
are u behind NAT ? adsl router ?

Markil
02-13-2004, 03:51 AM
Mercy, My settings do not intefere with the actual dl, its just that I can not auto accept. I have not tried disabling and sending the trigger. At the moment, I am dl'ing a file. When it is finished I'll try that suggestion. Thanks guys. You are really kind to we that are computer challenged. Markil.

ZeroTolerance
02-13-2004, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Markil@13 February 2004 - 03:51
Mercy, My settings do not intefere with the actual dl, its just that I can not auto accept. I have not tried disabling and sending the trigger. At the moment, I am dl'ing a file. When it is finished I'll try that suggestion. Thanks guys. You are really kind to we that are computer challenged. Markil.
Your welcome :)

Mercy
02-14-2004, 06:52 AM
i have autoaccept activated and i never faced a problem ..
does ur router got a built in firewall ? do u have hardware firewall ?
tell me if u tried while it is disabled

Markil
02-15-2004, 05:43 AM
This is like your car about to break down until you take it to the mechanic, and then it runs smooth as silk. I disabled my personal firewall, dont have a router yet, and the next 2 dl's i tried I hooked up to immediately, no queue! Ill try something again, and hope for the queue :)

Edit: I cant believe this! Just got 3 dl's in a row without being in queue once. Got Acid Pro 4, PC Anywhere, and codecs exe. Where's a good queue when ya need one!

Mercy
02-16-2004, 03:04 AM
Where's a good queue when ya need one!

hehe keep trying
so u still think it is a NIS problem ?

Markil
02-16-2004, 03:21 AM
Not sure, been away from the puter all day. Gonna try some dl now. Ill let ya know how it goes

Im queued 6 right now on a dl. Personal firewall is disabled.

DL failed. Have no idea what happened, left to get a drink and when I came back in, i had the msg, Accepting send, connection failed. Im gonna try again.

Stayed in queue for 15 minutes, never would auto accept. Firewall was shutdown. Any ideas??

Mercy
02-16-2004, 05:01 PM
i told u firewall is innocent :)
are u behind a router ? i think u said ur not .. so ur not under Natting
do u have any scripts installing ur irc client ?
have u tried installing a new mirc client to a new directory and try it ?

Markil
02-17-2004, 02:08 AM
Will try that and let ya know. thx.

Mercy
02-17-2004, 03:31 AM
waiting for u mate ;)
good luck

Markil
02-18-2004, 02:40 AM
OK, Finally back. I uninstalled mIRC completely from puter. Went to mIRC site and downloaded latest version. Tried to dl Tiger Woods 2004. Set in queue for over 7 hrs. Would not auto dl. I have checked all my settings against venom's post, all seem right. I use AdSubtract for popup blocking, could that be a prob??

bill0199
02-28-2004, 07:20 AM
I swear I've read this post ten times and did everything in the tutorial and still I ahve to be there to accept the file even though I have auto accept on. Not behind a firewall or router and have done everything suggested. I Just discovered the unmentioned, "Show Warning" button in DCC options. I unchecked it and will try that. Hope it works.

bill0199
02-28-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by bill0199@28 February 2004 - 07:20
I swear I've read this post ten times and did everything in the tutorial and still I ahve to be there to accept the file even though I have auto accept on. Not behind a firewall or router and have done everything suggested. I Just discovered the unmentioned, "Show Warning" button in DCC options. I unchecked it and will try that. Hope it works.
Ah ha success. I wish this little button had been mentioned before. Oh well.