PDA

View Full Version : Warm And Fuzzy Pm

oldmancan
02-12-2004, 02:40 AM
I just received an unsolicitated PM from one of the good guys. Nothing much just a comment on my "character". Kinda warm and fuzzy. I was asked not to send a PM as a reply.

So I will comply with request.

However, given bigboab's PM experience I thought I would start a thread about constructive PM's.

Ever had one?

:beerchug: omc

Weedy
02-12-2004, 02:42 AM
no, no i have not.

(>Zero Cool<)
02-12-2004, 02:49 AM
Dunno if this counts but I have some pretty cool things said to me as part of pm&#39;s :) , never an out of blue &#39;you&#39;re a top guy &#39; one though, so credit where credit is due Mr Can :) . I think iI know what probably instigated it and I thought it was nice work, in a place where genuine quality posts are very few and far between :)

hobbes
02-12-2004, 02:58 AM
I have sent a few, I have received a few.

The honest nature of the exchange has been quite inspiring to me. It is so easy to flame by PM that the merit/ legitimacy of such a gesture is questionable.

Sometimes people who tend to agree on a particular matter PM each other in an exchange of mutual masturbation.

People who may agree or disagree or a particular subject, but still recognize the contribution of the other, and still exchange complimentary PM&#39;s are the most sincere, and therefore, most honest and appreciated.

I refrain from PMing people because it may impose a burden upon the recipient to reply. Although I love the community, everyone has their sense of personal distance and I do not wish to encroach upon that.

;)

oldmancan
02-12-2004, 03:07 AM
@(<Zero Cool>) ...sure count whatever you want.

I don&#39;t know about any credit though. ;)

I would like to add that the feeling expressed in the PM is mutual.

Funny thing is I half expected a comment of some sort from the sender of the PM because of a little aside I made concerning him/her. I just figured that "tell one person and soon you&#39;ve told the whole world". I expected a little flame and instead got "an atta boy", way cool.

:beerchug: omc

btw (<Zero Cool>) thanks for noticing the old man is back in his can.

@hobbes ...quite so. Saw your post as I was previewing mine.

j2k4
02-12-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by oldmancan@11 February 2004 - 23:07
btw (<Zero Cool>) thanks for noticing the old man is back in his can.

Glad to see it myself, OMC. :)

You sojourn too often.

Ironic (to me, anyway) that PMs never seem to reflect any animus or disagreement shown in open forum.

It would seem, at first blush, PMs would be more a source of irritation than they are.

I have found I look forward to them, and can honestly only recall one that was irksome, but even that was reconciled amicably.

I guess the more I talk about it, the more astonishing this dynamic becomes. :huh:

Hobbes-

Did you receive my reply PM? :lol: :lol:

Don&#39;t tell if you don&#39;t want. :P

Rappy
02-12-2004, 06:33 AM
wow who are all these new members :o

kAb
02-12-2004, 06:40 AM
I hear my PM box is fairly nice compared with others...

Image Resized
[img]http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/2sacoore3884.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/2sacoore3884.JPG')

Rappy
02-12-2004, 06:43 AM
oh yea i believe that

j2k4
02-12-2004, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by RapFan@12 February 2004 - 02:33
wow who are all these new members :o
:huh:

Surely you joust&#33;

UKMan
02-12-2004, 09:09 AM
I think sending a PM to someone telling them what you think of them (nice or otherwise) is a real constructive way to communicate instead of cluttering up the lounge with worthless threads about how we feel for certain people - thats my job :lol: :lol:

Believe it or not, i have also recieved PM&#39;s and email from members either with praise or critic about certain things and i appreciate them much more than posts on the board about it. Sending PM&#39;s is a personal and private way to communicate with someone and also a way to find friends... we should use them more that way :)

Peace
UKMan

100%
02-12-2004, 01:26 PM
That reminds me............
i should PM this guy for my Reward....

Originally posted by TheFilePirater+26 January 2004 - 02:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheFilePirater &#064; 26 January 2004 - 02:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>yah, doesnt anyone have a direct link to a full copy?

EDIT: I have a fast webserver for movies avaible, whoever gets me the link gets fast movies[/b]

Originally posted by Zedaxax@26 January 2004 - 02:19
towards the bottom-98lite v4.5
http://solair.eunet.yu/~golden/download.htm

or
before file management here-clik icon on left
http://212.79.242.147/Software/Software

<!--QuoteBegin-TheFilePirater@26 January 2004 - 02:27
ok, i got it, wat do i do wit it?[/quote]

SOURCE (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=96170&view=findpost&p=834489)

Promises Promises........ :01: :01:

muchspl2
02-12-2004, 02:17 PM
I get them daily, I have to keep deleting them, mostly kvcd related but its cool
most every one is really nice, I only received a nasty death threat one after the "reparations" thread :lol:

evildon
02-13-2004, 02:21 AM
Yes.ihave recied two or three constructive..and helpful PM&#39;s