PDA

View Full Version : Cd-rw, Nonstop Power Calib. Errors

mojo2185
02-12-2004, 04:16 AM
I&#39;m attempting to burn anything with my CD-RW drive, but it won&#39;t do it. The problems first started to occur when I updated my Nero from 5.something to the new 6 version(s). Let me point out that I&#39;m NOT trying to burn with Nero right now, I&#39;m attempting to burn with VCDeasy. So, I don&#39;t think Nero is causing the problems (and I installed all the patches/updates anyway which were supposed to resolve errors like this). I have tried burning at all possible speeds (1x - 4x) so speed isn&#39;t the issue. I&#39;ve tried many different types of media, and no luck. The errors started showing up gradually, with a 1/5 chance of showing up, and now its at a 100% fail rate (5 out of 5 times it won&#39;t burn, so all of the time <_< ). Does anyone know how I can resolve this? Is it time to junk the burner? I can&#39;t post details about the brand of burner/model number because the drive is a generic device that came with the computer and "properties" reveals no info on the manufacturer.

Thanks for any help&#33;

Smurfette
02-12-2004, 05:57 AM
Power calibration errors are normally down to either media incompatibilty or failing hardware, usually the latter. It&#39;s normally a good indication that your burner is on the way out.

mojo2185
02-13-2004, 12:11 AM
Well like i said, I&#39;ve tried many types of media, all fail.
Oh well, looks like I&#39;ll have to upgrade my original stock 4x burner with a better (and much faster) one.

Thanks for the reply