PDA

View Full Version : Linux What The Freaks0rz?

Secret Squirrel
02-12-2004, 05:25 AM
Well, first of all i AM NOT opposing or HATING on linux or a linux world, juss a liittle clueless to why we need a linux world, i mean linux is SOFTWARE, so it windows and aim and all those other little things on your computer. Why does linux need a world?

h1
02-12-2004, 05:30 AM
Linux is not software per se. It is an operating system and a damn good one at that. Please take your complaints elsewhere.

Schuler
02-12-2004, 06:18 AM
I don't think he was complaining, but merely wondering why we have one.

But yes it's a operating system and there seem to have been more and more questions about Linux popping up around here. People don't need to be educated on what Windows or how to Install Windows like here with Linux.

h1
02-12-2004, 06:21 AM
Well, Linux people, like hardcore rap fans (me also) tend to respond very vehemently to things like this because they have to put up with ignorant people all the time. :)

[Edit] Not calling you ignorant Secret Squirrel, it's just that if it doesn't concern you, leave it alone. If you want to become a member of the Linux community, everyone here will be glad to help. ;)

Schuler
02-12-2004, 06:23 AM
Justified haxor B) . People need to be enlightened!

I.am
02-12-2004, 09:30 AM
Damn! :lol:

ck-uk
02-12-2004, 09:39 AM
I dont c the point either mate......and it is software plain n simple :)

4play
02-12-2004, 01:39 PM
yay a linux world. B)

we get alot of requests for linux stuff so might as well place it all into one world and that should cut down people asking the same questions over and over again.

does anyone fell like writing a few guides say for

how to install.
where to get help for linux and where the documentation is.
which distro is best :frusty:
howto use the command line.
howto install software.

these were personally my biggest hurdles with linux and hopefully we should be able to give others a easy introduction to the world of linux. :)

muchspl2
02-12-2004, 02:08 PM
shit seem so stupid
i like gta vice city can we have a gtaVC world coarse this will piss the people that like gtaIII more so we'll have to make a gtaIII world
not to be out done 6 people complain that NFSU needs its own world :rolleyes:

just don't see the point
eventually you will have segregated the whole forum into sub sections

shn
02-12-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@12 February 2004 - 08:08
shit seem so stupid
i like gta vice city can we have a gtaVC world coarse this will piss the people that like gtaIII more so we'll have to make a gtaIII world
not to be out done 6 people complain that NFSU needs its own world  :rolleyes:

just don't see the point
eventually you will have segregated the whole forum into sub sections
Unless your interested in Linux or any other alternative o.s., please take your complaints elsewhere.............like in a private pm with a mod.

Thank You

muchspl2
02-12-2004, 03:44 PM
what
that just proves my point
you really want everything in separate categories, i mean everything
I run 2kpro on my laptop but xp on the main pc, dose that mean I need my on world for each os, hope you see the bigger picture
how is that going to help, not trying to piss you off just wanting your opinion on the matter as your response was a cop out, IMHO.:(

h1
02-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Again, Windows will never receive a section because it is the overwhelmingly dominant OS. Macworld will not happen because only graphic / video designers use it. Linux is unique and deserves a section. Please take your hating elsewhere. We don’t post “Gameworld sucks” there, do we? Think about that.

I.am
02-12-2004, 08:05 PM
The point of creating this section is not to seperate a class of few and answer their requests. The point is that linux if a great software and many new people want to try it out and have tons of questions. Some of these questions are just lost in the pages and having a linux world would be much easier for them to get answers right away. You cant have another 5 topics pinned in softwareworld for linux now can you?

Btw, just helping to reach +80 posts :lol:

4play
02-12-2004, 08:09 PM
so i wonder if we spam this topic a little wil it help us keep linux world :rolleyes:

h1
02-12-2004, 08:44 PM
No need... we have over 200 replies now, thanks in part to me. :P

Secret Squirrel
02-13-2004, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by haxor41789@12 February 2004 - 19:56
Again, Windows will never receive a section because it is the overwhelmingly dominant OS. Macworld will not happen because only graphic / video designers use it. Linux is unique and deserves a section. Please take your hating elsewhere. We don’t post “Gameworld sucks” there, do we? Think about that.
dude, why do u accuse EVERYONE in EVERYSINGLE post u make of "hating" on linux, we're merely trying to get our opinions out geez, i even stated in my first post that i wasn't hating and u blatantly accuse me, geez, i can't wait for school to start so people like you will go back to school omg

i agree with muchspl2:

what
I run 2kpro on my laptop but xp on the main pc, dose that mean I need my on world for each os, hope you see the bigger picture
how is that going to help, not trying to piss you off just wanting your opinion on the matter as your response was a cop out, IMHO.

shn
02-13-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Secret Squirrel+13 February 2004 - 00:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Secret Squirrel &#064; 13 February 2004 - 00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-haxor41789@12 February 2004 - 19:56
dude, why do u accuse EVERYONE in EVERYSINGLE post u make of "hating" on linux, we&#39;re merely trying to get our opinions out geez, i even stated in my first post that i wasn&#39;t hating and u blatantly accuse me, geez, i can&#39;t wait for school to start so people like you will go back to school omg

i agree with muchspl2:

what
how is that going to help, not trying to piss you off just wanting your opinion on the matter as your response was a cop out, IMHO.
[/b][/quote]

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/life.gif

Secret Squirrel
02-14-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by haxor41789@12 February 2004 - 05:30
Linux is not software per se. It is an operating system and a damn good one at that. Please take your complaints elsewhere.
WOW, NOT ONLY DID I SAY IN THE FIRST POST THAT IM NOT HATING, ITS ALSO IN THE SUBTITLE, WOW ARE YOU IGNORANT

4play
02-14-2004, 12:36 AM
very touchy arent we. you do realise posting in all caps just makes you look silly. if you really want to put a particular point across then try using caps more sparingly.

wow, not only did i say in the FIRST POST that im not HATING, its also in the SUBTITLE, wow are you IGNORANT

see that looks better and people can pick out your important points easily.

still enough making fun you do have a point making worlds for everything can be a bit silly. still this is only an experimental forum and linux will gain more of a market share in the desktop and users might like a place to chat about it and not get lost in softwareworld.

peat moss
02-14-2004, 02:42 AM
If one truly enjoys playing with computers why NOT try other o/s&#39; . Seems like I&#39;m missing something if I don&#39;t at least try :)

j4y3m
02-14-2004, 02:49 AM
I don&#39;t see why linux gets a world and otherr softwares don&#39;t. I&#39;m not saying linux is bad but neither is other stuff like winamp and photoshop. :P

LSA
02-14-2004, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by stupidguy@13 February 2004 - 20:49
I don&#39;t see why linux gets a world and otherr softwares don&#39;t. I&#39;m not saying linux is bad but neither is other stuff like winamp and photoshop. :P
It isnt *just* about the os, its about software for it, questions about it...etc

If you never used linux you wouldn&#39;t understand...

Secret Squirrel
02-14-2004, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by LSA+14 February 2004 - 03:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LSA @ 14 February 2004 - 03:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-stupidguy@13 February 2004 - 20:49
It isnt *just* about the os, its about software for it, questions about it...etc

If you never used linux you wouldn&#39;t understand... [/b][/quote]
yes, thats true but what about adobe?

"if you&#39;ve never used before you won&#39;t understand"

shn
02-14-2004, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by stupidguy@13 February 2004 - 20:49
Linux is a "whole" O.S.

Winamp and photoshop are just applications.

LSA
02-14-2004, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by Secret Squirrel+13 February 2004 - 21:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Secret Squirrel @ 13 February 2004 - 21:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by LSA@14 February 2004 - 03:20
<!--QuoteBegin-stupidguy@13 February 2004 - 20:49

If you never used linux you wouldn&#39;t understand...
yes, thats true but what about adobe?

"if you&#39;ve never used before you won&#39;t understand" [/b][/quote]
Don&#39;t try to start flame wars ;)

If you don&#39;t like linux section then don&#39;t come thats all there is to it&#33;

Stop starting useless threads... <_<

h1
02-14-2004, 05:30 AM
i can&#39;t wait for school to start so people like you will go back to school omg

WOW, NOT ONLY DID I SAY IN THE FIRST POST THAT IM NOT HATING, ITS ALSO IN THE SUBTITLE, WOW ARE YOU IGNORANT
Wow, that only proves what I thought about you... At least stupidguy is trying to make an argument with valid points, but you on the other hand... :ninja:

If anyone has legitamate beef with Linuxworld, just PM an admin. There is no need to bring this sort of shit in the public.

Don&#39;t try to start flame wars ;)

If you don&#39;t like linux section then don&#39;t come thats all there is to it&#33;
I know, right... now just let this thread die the miserable death it deserves. :P

I.am
02-14-2004, 05:36 AM
Time for a chill pill,
Image Resized
[img]http://www.linux-nazi.20m.com/fearthepenguin.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://www.linux-nazi.20m.com/fearthepenguin.jpg')

h1
02-14-2004, 05:55 AM
I.am saves the day yet again. :P

Now DIE THREAD DIE&#33; :angry: