PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter Nights Not Working...

kliteusaa
03-05-2003, 06:19 AM
hi i downloaded the deviance version of the Neverwinter Nights Cd 1, 2,3

it installed just fine, but when i try and play it, it says failed to detect system settings each time, and then i have to just let it run anyways.

the loader comes up and then it exits.

i have a p II 450 /Windows 2000/ with no graphics card whatsoever.

do i really need a graphics card or is it an install problem>?

mike kkm
03-05-2003, 06:24 AM
you need a video card.

MagicNakor
03-05-2003, 06:28 AM
You'll also have a problem playing it, because of your speed. It may be unplayable with only a 450 machine.

stoi
03-05-2003, 07:00 AM
you havnt got a hope on that system, ive got a 650mhz pent 3, 196meg ram, 8meg graphics card. and it didnt work on mine either.

Its the graphics card that the stumbling block though as no new games and even some not so new including this one will just not play on an 8meg g/card :( its also a lappy as well so i cant even upgrade the ram for it withough buying a whole new motherboard and gcard :angry:

so if i cant play it on mine then sorry you need to upgrade, its like trying to play a playstation 2 game on the psx console, its just not going to happen ever.

MagicNakor
03-05-2003, 09:02 AM
I find Neverwinter Nights is quite like Morrowind. The "minimum requirements" are far below what you'll actually need to run the game.

kliteusaa
03-06-2003, 01:01 AM
are video cards a necessity for new games these days? The most recent game i beleive i played was Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge and that seemed to work fine without a video card.

MagicNakor
03-06-2003, 02:55 AM
Well, you need a video card to be able to see things. ;)

But, yes, 3d video cards are pretty much necessary.

:ninja:

stoi
03-06-2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by kliteusaa@6 March 2003 - 01:01
are video cards a necessity for new games these days? The most recent game i beleive i played was Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge and that seemed to work fine without a video card.
Ive got a video card as i mentioned earlier, its only got 8meg of rm though and i cant upgrade it (laptop), these are a list of some of the games ive installed, which either didnt even run or were just unplayable (to slow)

Age of Mythology,
Cricket 2002
Neverwinter Nights
Icewind dale 2
Morrowwind
Soldier of Fortune 2
Freelancer
Thief 2

and 2 many more that i cant even think of at the minute.

I know my processor is good enough to run these games its just my crappy 8med graphics card that is stopping me playing them. Thats why im getting a new pc with a gefore4 64meg i shouldnt have any trouble then :D

kliteusaa
03-06-2003, 05:57 AM
arrrrr.! i just downloaded icewind dale, it needs a videocard?!!! arrrr :huh: