PDA

View Full Version : Webcam Reboot

jimmyjimjames
03-05-2003, 06:42 AM
I have purchased my shitty wondereye webcam managing to get it going in xp pro with terracam softare and when i have a convosation with it in msn or yahoo it suddenly freezes, so i have to restart the camera every so often. but a few days ago it froze my computer so i got very pissed off so i pulled the wondereye camera cable out of the usb and it just rebooted my computer in an instant and when i started xp back up it said "windows has just had a major error". ;)

So whats the go anyway.

PS. I think i might get a decent logitech webcam cause my Strathfield Wondereye is just SSHHIITTT!!! :angry:

puremindmatters
03-05-2003, 07:21 AM
Interesting, since this is the tip section: Are you telling us of a good way to mess up XP with the method you mentioned?

Excellent tip, thanks, but I don't think it will work for all of us. If you want a solution to your problem, you might want to try getting an (updated)XP driver from that webcam manufacturer - sometimes they are a bit too anxious to release their crap asap and manage to release a decent driver on the third or fourth attempt.

jimmyjimjames
03-05-2003, 07:27 AM
LOL, mess up xp (yeh of course...not)

oh by the way Wondereye went broke and the company died in 1999.
and the only software for the wondereye to work is Terracam software, i got 98 drivers for the cam though, damn XP compatability issues.

Did bill gates do it to piss everyone off or make money off drivers. Stupid Microsoft

Im sure many agree as DOS games dont work, and MANY other games dont work either, its just a bunch of shit, i hope the next windows there releasing will have 98 and xp compatabilitys put intogether so everything will work.

Interesting though and very annoying too...

MagicNakor
03-05-2003, 08:59 AM
..You can run DOS games with 98 compatability mode, if you want. I find XP is far more stable when trying to run DOS games, anyway.

:ninja:

Edited to add: Just right click on your program icon, hit Properties, and switch to the Compatibility tab.

J'Pol
03-05-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by jimmyjimjames@5 March 2003 - 08:27
LOL, mess up xp (yeh of course...not)

oh by the way Wondereye went broke and the company died in 1999.
and the only software for the wondereye to work is Terracam software, i got 98 drivers for the cam though, damn XP compatability issues.

Did bill gates do it to piss everyone off or make money off drivers. Stupid Microsoft

Im sure many agree as DOS games dont work, and MANY other games dont work either, its just a bunch of shit, i hope the next windows there releasing will have 98 and xp compatabilitys put intogether so everything will work.

Interesting though and very annoying too...
Just wondering.

Why did you buy a cam from a company that had gone broke years ago, with no drivers for the operating system you were using. This seems like a strange purchasing policy to me. Did it really not work properly, wonder why.

Are you actually a mentalist.

MagicNakor
03-05-2003, 10:31 AM
It probably was the cheapest cam he could find. :rolleyes:

J'Pol
03-05-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@5 March 2003 - 11:31
It probably was the cheapest cam he could find. :rolleyes:

It's only a bargain if it works.

jimmyjimjames
03-06-2003, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by JmiF@5 March 2003 - 10:26
I find your comments offensive, i have heard your comments on the matrix reload forum too. :blink:
You should be VERY VERY asshamed :(

This forum was for me to notify you of a webcam can reboot your computer while using it and pulling out the usb cable, not discussing weather YOUR a mentalist you jerk.

I find you being MENTAL, not understanding this forums topic

jimmyjimjames
03-06-2003, 06:32 AM
oh and i found out the company died when i went to check for drivers when i upgraded from 98 to xp.

puremindmatters
03-06-2003, 07:42 AM
You might find this reply interesting:

Search for wondereye XP drivers (http://www.hotwinfiles.com/forum/display_message.asp?mid=2904)

Hope this helps

MagicNakor
03-06-2003, 08:54 AM
I don't actually understand what being a mentalist has to do with anything.

Parapsychological activities, such as telepathy and mind reading, and the belief that some mental phenomena cannot be explained by physical laws doesn't really seem relevant. ;)

Unless JimF is meaning the alternative definition of the belief that the mind is the fundemental reality and objects of knowledge exist only as aspects of the subject's consciousness, in which case that's both pretty esoteric and would have to be stretched a ways.

Edit: typo.

J'Pol
03-06-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by jimmyjimjames+6 March 2003 - 07:30--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jimmyjimjames @ 6 March 2003 - 07:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JmiF@5 March 2003 - 10:26
I find your comments offensive, i have heard your comments on the matrix reload forum too. :blink:
You should be VERY VERY asshamed :(

This forum was for me to notify you of a webcam can reboot your computer while using it and pulling out the usb cable, not discussing weather YOUR a mentalist you jerk.

I find you being MENTAL, not understanding this forums topic [/b][/quote]
I apologise if I have caused you any upset.

I use the word "mentalist" as an homage to Alan Partridge, a comic character invented and played by the English comedian Steve Coogan. Partridge is probably my favourite comedy character and he uses the phrase "you are a mentalist",as such I intended it&#39;s use in a light hearted nature. I sometimes forget that there are people who may not understand these references. In a similar way I see Americans make posts which are obviously relevant to their culture, but mean nothing to me. It is possible that I may be offended by thing they say, I am sure that on a lot of occasions this is unintentional

I cannot recall what I posted in the matrix reloaded which may have offended you, please remind me and I can try to explain it. However don&#39;t assume that I didn&#39;t mean any offence (like on this occasion) as it is more likely that I did.

As an aside I remain unclear as to exactly what your tip is in this thread. If your post is as it appears in relation to a problem you are having with some Hardware, then I would suggest that this is not the correct place to post.

J'Pol
03-06-2003, 06:45 PM
I&#39;ve had a look myself. If you are referring to the fact that I called someone a mindless cretin I can explain that quite simply. The person is a mindless cretin. That was intended to be offensive to them. If you disagree, within the context of the thread then that is up to you.

Please let me know if it was something else which caused the offence.

CornerPocket
03-06-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by JmiF@6 March 2003 - 12:38
As an aside I remain unclear as to exactly what your tip is in this thread. If your post is as it appears in relation to a problem you are having with some Hardware, then I would suggest that this is not the correct place to post.
Agreed, rather than a tip it is more of a reaction by the system. Moving to hardware, perhaps you will get some tips/solutions there.

jimmyjimjames
03-07-2003, 05:47 AM
sorry for even starting this forum, i thought it was just interesting i didnt want a war to happen.

Cya

Unafraid Cheese
03-11-2003, 01:00 PM
life is like a box of matches :blink: just 1 spark