PDA

View Full Version : Blank Screen

hal
03-05-2003, 10:21 AM
MY SCREEN STAYS BLANK WHEN PLAYING FILMS I DOWNLOAD YET IT PLAYS SOME CARTOON DOWNLOADS ETC DO I HAVE TO MAKE SETTINGS ON PUTER I AM NOT A PUTER BUFF AND HAVE LITTLE KNOLEDGE. WHAT ARE THESE CODE BUTTONS BY THE WAY GUIDED MODE ETC
THANK YOU

MagicNakor
03-05-2003, 10:30 AM
Dude. Hit that button that says "Caps Lock."

Do you have the correct codecs to view a film? What kind of player are you using?

As in my previous response to you, more information = better responses.

:ninja:

Chilly
03-05-2003, 10:33 AM
Welcome to the Forum hal

You need the right codec's for the films to play.

If you go Here (http://doa2.host.sk/) and click on the Downloads, you should find the K-Lite

Codec Pack.

This should contain everthing you need to play your movies. ;)

Leech_Killer
03-05-2003, 05:26 PM
Install the Nimo Codec pack.

Nimo Codecs (http://www.softnews.ro/public/cat/11/2/2/11-2-2-12.shtml)

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-06-2003, 03:43 AM
It could be a fake.
Tips for finding verified movies:

After about 10 megs or 10% of the total DL of the movie, use Avipreview and see if its your movie. Click the screen of Avipreview and an Index should pop up with some info. If the video or audio part has 0 (zero), then its a fake.

After searching and thinking you have enough users, expand the list so you can see all the users for that file by clicking the "+" box to the left of the title and scroll down and check to see if the filenames match up to the movie your looking for and read the yellow description boxes that pop up too. Sometimes it will say if its a fake or not.

Look at the length of the movie. A trick I learned awhile ago is that any movie with the length of 1:02:08 is a fake.

Check the file size of the movie. Make sure its reasonable. Sometimes the movie is split into two or three parts for easier downloading.
Check the hashes in the verifieds. That will usually say if a movie is out or not and will usually tell of its quality. Always check the verifieds first before looking for a movie which will save you some time.

Or if you know its real, try the above.

The Great Dude
03-06-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by hal@5 March 2003 - 02:21
MY SCREEN STAYS BLANK WHEN PLAYING FILMS I DOWNLOAD YET IT PLAYS SOME CARTOON DOWNLOADS ETC DO I HAVE TO MAKE SETTINGS ON PUTER I AM NOT A PUTER BUFF AND HAVE LITTLE KNOLEDGE. WHAT ARE THESE CODE BUTTONS BY THE WAY GUIDED MODE ETC
THANK YOU
Ok, you can stop shouting. :P Try using the K-Lite Codec Pack, you can also use Gspot to find the codec needed. It could be a fake too.