PDA

View Full Version : Winamp 5.02

mr. nails
02-13-2004, 08:03 PM
yeah, so i dl'ed winamp 5 beta a long time ago and just didn't like it so i went back to winamp 3. so, today i decided to dl winamp 5 again and it was 5.02. winamp 5 is a lot better now, but i still can't find the cross fader. does it have one? i really enjoy that option! a lot of ppl down winamp 3 cuz they say it sounds terrible. i have no idea what their talking about. sounds the same to me, i think.... anyway, winamp 3 has a crossfader and winamp 5 doesn't. so, will probably go back to 3. is there really a difference in the quality of music between the two? and why is winamp 5 better than 3? thx!

Smurfette
02-13-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by mr. nails@13 February 2004 - 20:03
yeah, so i dl'ed winamp 5 beta a long time ago and just didn't like it so i went back to winamp 3. so, today i decided to dl winamp 5 again and it was 5.02. winamp 5 is a lot better now, but i still can't find the cross fader. does it have one? i really enjoy that option! a lot of ppl down winamp 3 cuz they say it sounds terrible. i have no idea what their talking about. sounds the same to me, i think.... anyway, winamp 3 has a crossfader and winamp 5 doesn't. so, will probably go back to 3. is there really a difference in the quality of music between the two? and why is winamp 5 better than 3? thx!
Winamp 2.9x is still tops in performance according to many people - it ain't got the built-in video shit sidetracking the developers, for a start - but v5 is more configurable than v2 and I've heard less buggy than v3.
Make of that what you will.

mr. nails
02-14-2004, 10:31 AM
i've heard that as well, but does winamp 5 carry a crossfader?

Vargas
02-14-2004, 10:51 AM
here (http://www.sqrsoft.com.ar/en/index.html) is a crossfade plugin

mr. nails
02-14-2004, 10:01 PM
thx $

Vargas
02-14-2004, 10:36 PM
oh and to disable the pop up nag check the option in the advanced settings tab [ctrl]-[p]