PDA

View Full Version : New Gta: Have Your Say!

BawA
02-14-2004, 12:57 PM
Official PlayStation 2 Magazine wants your ideas for the next Grand Theft Auto game to send to Rockstar.

For reasons too dull to really get into, we've been playing Vice City again in the office today. And after a few moments an unnamed member of the team (okay, me) had this to offer, "You know what, guys? Vice City is really, really good." Having been mercilessly laughed at by the others for making the most spectacularly obvious statement in the magazine's history, I've spent the rest of the day pondering just how good the next GTA might be.

Will it really be set in San Andreas? Is 50 Cent going to star? Will the world stop spinning on its axis when the first screenshot appears? After a while, I started wondering what you, dear reader, are hoping for. So here's the plan. You send us your ideas. We pass them on to Rockstar North. Well, what are you waiting for? Start scribbling, and fire off an email to [email protected].

Source (http://uk.playstation.com/news/newsStory.jhtml?storyId=105135_en_GB_NEWS&linktype=MPC)

Necrobrogdon
02-14-2004, 06:35 PM
i say it should be based in the 80's (or 90's if vice city was 80's).of ofcourse thier would be new cars,weapons,etc. But i want more interaction. Like if you steal a police car, you can find out were a crime is going on, and maybe give you some shock feedback when you get closer to the area. It would sorta be funny to have somebody hold up a rusty browns only to have tommy come in and beat em' with a lead pipe, then then the cops would give you your money for helping out, but then just start saying things like how did you find out about the robbery, were did you get your car.....(yes this was a lame idea)

SingaBoiy
02-14-2004, 06:47 PM
I think they should come out with an online version. Join gangs, gang wars, etc...

fred devliegher
02-14-2004, 07:02 PM
-70's setting. Think Starsky & Hutch , only less silly.
-Bigger backstory.
-Major story "arc" rather than the disjointed missions of VC.
-More indoor scenes , better on-foot controls.
-Improved damage model - think current rally games.
-Branching story line , what you do affects the story.
-Licensed cars. Never gonna happen.
-Extended hand-to-hand combat moves (eye-gouging ?)
-Bicycles !
-Pimping sim ?

Necrobrogdon
02-14-2004, 07:08 PM
ya, i agree. GTA needs better hand to hand combat. But dut i dont know about a bicycle. The only thing fun about one of those is to shoote at people riding them and see how much faster they pedal. Actually, GTA needs some ragdoll physics, and the ability to arch the whirly's blade toward the ground in order to slice' and dice' unsuspecting individuals, but make it to where when you actually do hit someone, the whirly won't blow up (although i can't say the same for chopping cars). [Removed due to complaints]

Nightwolf
02-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@14 February 2004 - 07:57
Is 50 Cent going to star?
Oh please God, NOOOOOOO!!!

:rolleyes:

Bowen747x
02-14-2004, 09:11 PM
I hope they go back to liberty city in the 90's(or 2000 w/e it was)but the map should b bigger or maybe in a nother part of liberty, but just so it has that dark city look
then the only way it would be good is if they make the game more like gta2 with your choice of which gangs to work 4 and the more u please 1 gang, the more another may hate u, and u can chose the path 2 take, gta should stray FAR, far away from the "story" based game and make it more like actually working 4 what u want 2, where no1 will have the same exact game(unless they chose 2)

EDIT: and i like the music from vc so i hope if the new game is set in 2004 or w/e that it has a wide range of music and not soley based around 50 cents

PS. i sent my idea 2 the creators, what do u guys think the odds r that there reading all of our sumbissions and taking them 2 heart

Pitbul
02-14-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by fred devliegher@14 February 2004 - 12:02
-70's setting. Think Starsky & Hutch , only less silly.
-Bigger backstory.
-Major story "arc" rather than the disjointed missions of VC.
-More indoor scenes , better on-foot controls.
-Improved damage model - think current rally games.
-Branching story line , what you do affects the story.
-Licensed cars. Never gonna happen.
-Extended hand-to-hand combat moves (eye-gouging ?)
-Bicycles !
-Pimping sim ?
Its Grand Theft AUTO you jackass, not exactly an RPG. :mad3:

fred devliegher
02-14-2004, 10:04 PM
Its Grand Theft AUTO you jackass, not exactly an RPG.

Eh ? Since when are bicycles the pinnacle of RPG's ? :huh:

Seriously , I wouldn't want to miss the joyriding/skullbashing/shooting bystanders. I just think they got the
AUTO bit nailed , so now Rockstar can focus on the rest.

;)

NewBie40
02-18-2004, 12:47 AM
you should be able to update the cars with the money you earn. A garage where u can buy better engines, tyres, etc. so u could build a super car (tank). :dog:

Haz
02-18-2004, 01:49 AM
Eh I don't know, make it more interactive, the GTA series has always been about being able to do whatever you want so, make it more of a sim, no story whatsoever, you make the story. Life of crime, or be a model citizen, pick up a chick, start dating her, meet the parents, get married, cheat on her, get caught, go to divorce court, lose everything, buy a gun and seek revenge. I'd buy it :lol:

99shassan
02-18-2004, 01:55 AM
please don't flame me, but I think I am the only one in this whole forums that think the the game is getting kinda boring. I'm not interested in the game anymore. The missions get really boring after a while. I think they should end it now. But thats just me, the company knows that it'll make a lot of money because of its popularity. I just think its highly overrated.

RGX
02-18-2004, 02:09 AM
Better physics, bulletholes in cars etc, shoot through doors, cars dont explode unless you hit the engine or fuel tank, (how many swat vans explode when a standard assault rifle hits the roof?) melee option on all weapons, so you could smash the butt of your rifle through car windows, hit people with it etc

All windows on cars breakable, including from the inside, so you could shoot through the windscreen at people

More variety of cars and people, better animation, and ideally, some basic ragdoll physics system

Keep the great radio stations, add more, the music gives the game so much more character

Smoother helicopter controls for PC, use the mouse or similar

Bigger city to explore, more hidden stuff (if possible, this is what gives the game its incredible replay value)

keep the great humour

Ability to enter more buildings, like the mall in vice city

More missions

I think someone should copy and paste all of our suggestions into an email, then send it to rockstar saying it was from a forum....dont mention the filesharing :P , I would but ive sent them my ideas before.

If you do, please edit out this bit :lol:

opivykid
02-18-2004, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Necrobrogdon@14 February 2004 - 20:58
once again trying to to make himself look above everyone else, fred has arrived. And yes i said gays in the street to kill, because i hate gays. Have you ever heard of a rich,famous, or just popular gay person according to straight people? no? than shut your mouth and read the bible, as it clearly states, it was adam and eve, not adam and steve.
I hope you get banned, plain and simple...

Rip The Jacker
02-18-2004, 07:17 AM
@Necrobrogdon and fred devliegher
A couple of your posts were removed due to complaints.

trajillo
02-18-2004, 11:41 AM
O PLZ GOD BRING BACK THOSE FUNNY VOICE OVERS FROM GTA2!!!!!!!!!!!

ELVIS HAS LEEEEEEEEEEFT THAAAAAAAAAA BUILDING!!!!!!!!
YOUR TOOOOOAST BUDDY
KILLLLLLLLLLLLLL FRENZY

AHHAHAH sooo very very funny

Evil Gemini
02-19-2004, 02:34 AM
I think it would be cool to be able to control the story line more instead of following the missions all the time.

It would be cool when you get a asked a queastion you get to choose from 5 different answers :)

A mission editor will be fun, so you can make your own missions and upload them to a site so people can download them :)

bujub22
02-19-2004, 06:45 PM
hey ppl psm magizine put out an article on this already and took ppl advise on what the game should look like ,it was publish about a yr ago this is the plan on what there adding

1- when u go to jail instead of jus coming back at the police station this time there's more you have to do meaning u have to do missions in jail in order to get out

2- many ppl complain about getting out the car and missing the tune they wanted to hear so they added him wearing a walkman and possible the use of your own tracks that u can dl in the ps2 -like xbox

3- the setting is back in the 80's once again

4- won't be easy to escape crimanals on the street now they added a program in the system that would allow the gang to reconize you if u did a crime against 1 of it's own and would last for short period of time

5- the new cars and other machines if any of you heard of -vice city extreme you already know what some of the new cars look like as well as the choppers ,most cars and etc.. are all custimize now only half of the lot

that's all i remember from the magazine i have
ill post pictures when i get a chance of the new look they come up wid ,but it looks jus like vice city

winXPHE
02-20-2004, 08:56 AM
LAN party, tommy should be able to swim, cars with real names on em. possibly nfsu sorta cars n bikes which can be customized (with weapons too, like James Bond). a hovercraft. the scene where the car shakes when the hoe gets inside :lol: :D :lol: , they actually just sit. it shuld be like 2 dark shadow sorta shit movin in the back seat! luxury yatches with hoes :D , lap dance in the strip club scene :P :D :P . liquor stores n bars where tommy can get drunk(shuld show in his movements) n possibly a project, with LOTS of weed n crack!
tryin to make it as controversial as possible :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BawA
02-20-2004, 10:32 AM
:blink:

hey peoples nice job but these all should go to email address given in 1st post :lol:

Wolfmight
02-21-2004, 03:58 AM
I hope the setting is foreign like in Japan or maybe a really cold place like Alaska.
There should be some cool stuff like a boat save house that can be moved.. and a jumbo jet that you hijack (well 9-11 might blow this one out though)
There should be some better sniper spots and like 8 police stars (once you get to 6, you gatta meet the requirements to get the 7.. then 8 should be an extreme challenge were the whole town is after you+marines that will climb a hook rope to anything.

100%
02-21-2004, 03:30 PM
sent info to source

bigdawgfoxx
02-21-2004, 04:12 PM
wel since Vice City was in the 80s i think i think the new one should be in like the 90s or 00s. That would be cool..and have some tight sport cars...and STREET BIKES. i love driving the motercycles lol