PDA

View Full Version : Avi Preview Not Working

zolaisugly
03-05-2003, 01:09 PM
i can not get avipreview to work i allow it to callibarate the file ther is over 256 in fact i got enough for 2min of play yet it wont..... i am going out of my mind with what to do the normal theater does not play yet...i have not had any probs when dl a shoet film clip only when dl a movie file.....i have got all the dll packs that k-lite provides.

thanks in advance ;)

Chilly
03-05-2003, 01:29 PM
I used to use this program but found it very unstable and crashed alot, i use another one called Kazaa

Preview Extractor, never had a problem with it. ;)

zolaisugly
03-05-2003, 01:36 PM
thanks chilly for that i am downloading it now and will try it......would it be because i do not have the right codec's i do not know what i need as new to downloading and playing movies on computer

"The Avatar Man"
03-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Chilly@5 March 2003 - 14:29
I used to use this program but found it very unstable and crashed alot, i use another one called Kazaa

Preview Extractor, never had a problem with it. ;)
really? I've never had a problem with avi preview :blink:
I don't use it alot though so maybe that has something to do with it

Chilly
03-05-2003, 01:48 PM
AviPreview works fine for some people, they have got it as a add on to there new version of KL. :P

There is a codec pack Here (http://doa2.host.sk/help.htm) if you click on Downloads, that should have everthing you need to play and listen to films and stuff. :)

Also sometimes the films need to download a certain amount before it can Preview. ;)

zolaisugly
03-05-2003, 01:55 PM
i have installed kazaa preview prog will i need to install kazaa to use as there is no option to play

Chilly
03-05-2003, 02:14 PM
What program are you using to download stuff on? :lol:

This is assuming you have KL or KaZaa :D

The files you See (http://www.previewextractor.com/) highlight one and just click save, then it

will open up in your WP or what ever player you use. ;)

zolaisugly
03-05-2003, 02:37 PM
chilliy

i have got k-lite i uninstalled kazaa as it kept on crashing and causing error scipt faults... i save and click yes to watch it but nothing happens ie no player opens. i have downloaded the codec's that are on k-lite site do i need a special player all i have win media and real one if these are very good can u sugest a player.....

thanks again for any help u offer

Chilly
03-05-2003, 05:11 PM
When it has saved it should convert the partial download to a avi preview within your shared folder, Should

save something like Preview of Master.of.Disguise.

Do you see the file as a video clip with a little logo of windows media player?

I use Windows Media Player for all my films, no special player needed :lol:

zolaisugly
03-05-2003, 08:11 PM
chilly you are a star it all works i dont know what i did or what happened but it is all working....i didnt find find the preview file but it played after i clicked to watch preview.

thanks very much for help :lol: ;)