PDA

View Full Version : Generals By Killaj (pls Help)

smithk810
03-05-2003, 02:32 PM
having read that C&C GENERALS by killaj was the one to get, i have downloaded it.

BUT... every time i try to open it i get the message:

Command & Conquer Generals the real.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience. bla bla do i want to send report bla bla.

any ideas.... this is the third differant file ive tried and now im thinking about giving up my £35 or whatever its going to cost me to BUY IT......

smithk810

al_birkett
03-05-2003, 03:00 PM
I posted that file by killaJ ... erm are you sure that your system is up to spec because it is a high demanding game and are you sure that when you ran the setup file to decompress the game you let it complete wot it was doin because the first time I tried to install the game and ran the setup file I exitted it because I thought it had finished decompressing but it carries on for a while. let me know ;)

imported_The__One
03-05-2003, 04:58 PM
... every time i try to open it ....

What do U mean by "it", the .exe file U downloaded, or the Generals executable to play the game, after u install??

If it's the game executable, and U managed to install it np, then re-downloading it probably won't help mutch..it's probably a problem with your sistem...what r your specs?

CornerPocket
03-05-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by smithk810@5 March 2003 - 08:32
having read that C&C GENERALS by killaj was the one to get, i have downloaded it.

Command & Conquer Generals the real.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience. bla bla do i want to send report bla bla.

any ideas.... this is the third differant file ive tried and now im thinking about giving up my £35 or whatever its going to cost me to BUY IT......

smithk810
It may have something to do with video card use. I have 2 systems: one runs Win98SE with a 32MB ATI AGP card - gets same message, the other running XP with a 128MB AGP - runs fine.

DarkEternityNow
03-06-2003, 02:11 AM
if u read the post correctly, he is saying he has problems opening not the game, but the .exe to extract the game. Corrupt, or the wrong type of file is my guess...but I haven't downloaded it, so I don't know.

al_birkett
03-06-2003, 01:05 PM
You need to read the help file which contains instructions on how to intall/decompress the game :rolleyes:

CornerPocket
03-06-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by smithk810@5 March 2003 - 08:32

Command & Conquer Generals the real.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. bla bla do i want to send report bla bla.

That message happens to appear after install, it does so on my Win98SE pc. Then again it's running the minimum game specs. I think it's the vid card being the ATI Rage Pro. Know several games that would not play because of it. Compatible issues regardless of driver updates.

Both the "ripped" version and 2 cd iso versions run fine on my main pc that exceeds the specs by a mile :huh:

folega1
03-06-2003, 07:15 PM
I had the same problem ,but instead of opening the exe I extacted the files using winace ,now works a treat :D