PDA

View Full Version : What To Do Regarding The Many Virus Infected Files

mcolquitt
02-15-2004, 02:03 AM
I am a musician in Las Vegas and love Kazaa-lite for its many software programs I am able to try before I buy. My problem is since comming to Kazaalite from the standard version I am blown away with all the files I attempt to download that are infected with all kinds of different virus'.
What is the right thing to do? How do I let someone know (the peron who's file I tried to download) know that they are infected? They may be the ones creating the virus and I imagine most are as they accept no msgs and cant be contacted. It is a sad thing these assholes who ruin it for the rest of us.
Let me know what I should do, and/or if there is anything that can be done.
Regards,
Mark in Vegas

Samurai
02-15-2004, 02:07 AM
Download 'Verifieds'.

These files are legit and have no viruses or spyware contained within them.

NightStalker
02-15-2004, 04:53 AM
Get use to it, more than half of the FastTrack network is filled with malicious programs. :(

Snakex_o
02-15-2004, 07:29 AM
i wouldnt trust any file on here even if its "verified" or any filesharing network for that matter get a virus scanner and keep it updated. the main files that have viruses on it are the software files (progs, games...ect)

Nightwolf
02-15-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by mcolquitt@14 February 2004 - 21:03
Ummmmm, delete the infected file and move on. :unsure: :rolleyes:

nanotek
02-15-2004, 04:57 PM
and for apps u could try usin emule ,loads of progs there

twisterX
02-17-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by mcolquitt@15 February 2004 - 02:03
I am a musician in Las Vegas and love Kazaa-lite for its many software programs I am able to try before I buy. My problem is since comming to Kazaalite from the standard version I am blown away with all the files I attempt to download that are infected with all kinds of different virus'.
What is the right thing to do? How do I let someone know (the peron who's file I tried to download) know that they are infected? They may be the ones creating the virus and I imagine most are as they accept no msgs and cant be contacted. It is a sad thing these assholes who ruin it for the rest of us.
Regards,
Mark in Vegas
use verifieds and get an antivirus app.

MUSLEMAN
02-17-2004, 04:48 AM
just because a file is verified it does not mean it can be contaminated, it does mean its less likely but the sure way is to have a good up to date anti virus