PDA

View Full Version : Got New Faster Internet

swarnel
02-15-2004, 06:33 AM
I live in australia and i just got a new 512 internet connection,
Ive been downloading a few dvd-r each about 4 1/2 gb, i was wondering is this going overboard, i mean do they keep a record of this stuff?
And will i be notified if they find out (like a warning).

Im just wondering because here in australia i dont know anyone who downloads this much.

Snakex_o
02-15-2004, 07:26 AM
if i were u i would cut down a little bit to much speed can hit u in the long run lol :lol:

vivitron 15
02-15-2004, 08:31 AM
you should be fine - why would you get that speed if ur not gonna use it?

just tell em you really like linux and dl all the test builds and kernels and all that.

swarnel
02-15-2004, 11:03 AM
but does anyone know if they keep a record of it, monthly or overall?

Kesta
02-15-2004, 03:19 PM
your ISP (Telstra, optus ETC) Will keep a log of how much you have download (MAKE SURE YOU DONT HAVE A DOWNLOAD LIMIT)

newcster68
02-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by swarnel@15 February 2004 - 00:33
Ive been downloading a few dvd-r each about 4 1/2 gb, i was wondering is this going overboard, i mean do they keep a record of this stuff?

Im just wondering because here in australia i dont know anyone who downloads this much.
I used to have Roadrunner Cable about a year ago and of course I download stuff every day. Well, one day I got a letter from them stating that I was exceeding that allowed monthy bandwidth usage and they even added the amount of bandwidth I was using on this Letter. Problem is, when I signed on with them the contract stated "Unlimited upload and Download". In the letter they told me that as of a certain date they would start charging me $1 for every MB I went over their alotted bandwidth...So, I argued this with them for a good month but they just wouldn't budge on the matter. Now, I have Earthlink High Speed Cable and they don't care how much I use. Roadrunner lost a good customer in my opinion. :lol:

nanotek
02-15-2004, 04:56 PM
im glad i got no cap :P

swarnel
02-16-2004, 12:56 PM
your ISP (Telstra, optus ETC) Will keep a log of how much you have download (MAKE SURE YOU DONT HAVE A DOWNLOAD LIMIT)

Yeah i got unlimited downloads. With TPG.
So i guess i can download quie a bit but just not ridiculous ammounts

twisterX
02-17-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by swarnel@15 February 2004 - 06:33

Thats a little too much.