PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Me Dark Fantasy!

Randomblonde
02-15-2004, 11:33 AM
Not to say I don't like dragons, cos I do, I'm just in love with the Anne Rice and Poppy Z Brite books :)

So could anyone recommend me similar stuff? I'll love you forever :lol:

alpha
02-17-2004, 07:40 AM
Bram Stroker's 'Dracula'.
Holy cornyness batman! :D

Autumn Fox
02-18-2004, 02:32 AM
Well, "Wiedzmin" saga has only one dragon (gold one) and for handreds of pages it ain't much, anyway this dragon is mainly presented as a guy.

Draconos
02-18-2004, 07:22 AM
I highly Recomend Midnight Blue the Sonja Blue Collection, by Nancy A. Collins, its an easy enouf read, (I could never get into Ann Rice's style) its actaly 3 books in one about Sonja Blue, a Living Vampire, I wont go into more detail, there are a bunch of books, but only that one I could actualy find. I really liked it.

D

Powdered Water
02-19-2004, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Draconos@18 February 2004 - 07:22
I highly Recomend Midnight Blue the Sonja Blue Collection, by Nancy A. Collins, its an easy enouf read, (I could never get into Ann Rice's style) its actaly 3 books in one about Sonja Blue, a Living Vampire, I wont go into more detail, there are a bunch of books, but only that one I could actualy find. I really liked it.

D
I could not agree more. There is also at least 1 more book in that series that I've seen and there is supposed to be another in the works. :D

Draconos
02-19-2004, 08:05 AM
Black roses for a blue lady is one of them, and the new one is an anthology, with somthing like 10 short stories involving Sonja Blue, including the one with the Crow.

I just finished it today for like the 7th time, awsome book.

D

Powdered Water
02-20-2004, 06:12 AM
These are the two other titles that i could find with sonja blue, hopefully there is more to follow. A dozen black roses and Deadtown I have'nt read Deadtown yet but I'm sure it will be just as good as the first 4 books.

Vamp
02-21-2004, 09:26 PM
Try the Dark Tower series by Stephen King

and The Talisman by the above + Peter Straub.

longboneslinger
03-04-2004, 03:08 AM
Try the Necroscope series by Brian Lumly. It's all about vampires and the battle to kill them before they feed.
I prefer it to Anne Rice, but only barely. Don't wory about getting gook 3, for example. The only thing that really makes it a series is that the main character is Harry Keogh the Necroscope.

PS A Necroscope is one who is endowed with the power to talk to the dead. Like you would talk to your buddy, so he chats with the dead. Really good reads. Give'em a try.

incognita
03-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter, it has great characters, great stories, great everything if you don't mind a less than perfect writing. Hamilton could mind a little more what her characters are wearing every now and then, even if it was quite amusing to see a blue silk shirt turn in to a white t-shirt. The AB:VH series is quite addicting I extremly recomend it.

theslayer40
03-06-2004, 03:49 AM
Demon in My View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, a good book. :D

Book Description
Jessica isn't your average teenager. Though nobody at her high school knows it, she's a published author. Her vampire novel Tiger, Tiger has just come out under the pen name Ash Night. Jessica often wishes she felt as comfortable with her classmates as she does among the vampires and witches of her fiction. She has always been treated as an outsider at Ramsa High.

But two new students have just arrived in Ramsa, and both want Jessica's attention. She has no patience with overly friendly Caryn, but she's instantly drawn to handsome Alex, a cocky, mysterious boy who seems surprisingly familiar. If she didn't know better, she'd think Aubrey, the alluring villain from Tiger, Tiger had just sprung to life. That's impossible, of course; Aubrey is a figment of her imagination. Or is he?

Nail-bitingly suspenseful, here is the deliciously eerie follow-up to In the Forests of the Night, by the remarkable fifteen-year-old novelist Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0440228840/qid=1078541374//ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/102-3573573-4850521?v=glance&s=books&n=507846)
http://www.pikeonline.com/friendsofpcpl/reviews/reviews/img48.gif