PDA

View Full Version : How Would I Make.....?

hugoharding
02-15-2004, 12:44 PM
Basically, I don't want all the different p2p applications on my desktop, so I want to make a little selection program.

Just something like you get when you put a game CD into your drive, it comes up with play game, uninstall, re-install, etc. I would want to have one to open K-Lite, Shareaza, Soulseek, eMule, etc.

How would I make this and with what software?

Cheers,

Hugo.

CoolMac
02-15-2004, 04:47 PM
you mean that when u start a game randomly 1 of these: klite,emule,shareaza or soulseek
opens?

ck-uk
02-15-2004, 05:02 PM
You could just add them on the taskbar mate,and use quick launch,or a new toolbar.

Just right clk the taskbar,then toolbars :)

CoolMac
02-15-2004, 07:23 PM
or make them open when u start windows

hugoharding
02-15-2004, 10:49 PM
The point is that I don't want to clutter up my desktop with icons, so i can't put them on the taskbar.

I just mean like a little java application.

I don't mean when I put a game CD in, what I mean is like when you put a game CD in a menu comes up. And I want to be able to open a java application or something that means a menu will come up so that I can choose which program to open.

fred devliegher
02-16-2004, 12:07 PM
It's not a program but it'll remove the clutter ;)

1 create folder "P2P" or suchlike on desktop
2 put shortcuts to programs in folder.

You click once for the folder , then again for the prog - just what you need :P

swarnel
02-16-2004, 12:17 PM
actually a program like what hes talking about would be pretty sweet

sorry i cant help but let me know if u make one ;)

DWk
02-16-2004, 12:20 PM
The hell....

LOTS of programs for this matter. They aren't EXACTLY what you want, but you could live with that.

Stardock's homepage (http://www.stardock.com)

You can get ObjectBar.

I.am
02-16-2004, 05:48 PM
What he means is, to say have a program called "My Program" and it sits on the desktop.

Then he opens this program which has menu's and he selects which one he wants (like opening Start > Programs :D only that it only has things he want on the desktop)

I dont know if there is out there like that but you can make your own one. I would java for that. :)

Engvalt
02-16-2004, 06:30 PM
I could try making one in VB... since I don't know Java. I'm kinda interested in seeing something like this... maybe I'll give it a shot.

Robert00000
02-16-2004, 06:59 PM
You can use Autoplay Media Studio to create your own menus. I use it to create cd autorun menus. http://www.indigorose.com/ams/

I.am
02-19-2004, 09:48 PM
I just made one such application, and it rocks! :D

Thanks for the idea hugoharding :D

Evil Gemini
02-20-2004, 12:46 AM
Download Neobook :)

You can make apps like that in a matter of seconds with it and absolutely no code involved :D

shn
02-20-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by hugoharding@15 February 2004 - 06:44
Basically, I don't want all the different p2p applications on my desktop, so I want to make a little selection program.

Just something like you get when you put a game CD into your drive, it comes up with play game, uninstall, re-install, etc. I would want to have one to open K-Lite, Shareaza, Soulseek, eMule, etc.

How would I make this and with what software?

Cheers,

Hugo.
@hugoharding :lol: :lol: :lol: Your avatar is funnier than hell.

Sorry, off topic :P

hugoharding
02-20-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by shn@20 February 2004 - 00:31
@hugoharding :lol: :lol: :lol: Your avatar is funnier than hell.
Its from the film Old School, if you haven't seen it I suggest doing so. Awesome film.

@I.am, glad you liked the idea.