PDA

View Full Version : Linux Icewm Tray

LSA
02-15-2004, 05:33 PM
'icewmtray' is really small, I can barely see it.

Here is a screenshot

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/LSA001-icewm_tray.jpg

It&#39;s the thing sticking out on the left... <_<

Is there an option in a config file to change this?

shn
02-15-2004, 08:49 PM
I would take a look here first unless you already have

http://icewm.org/FAQ/

LSA
02-15-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by shn@15 February 2004 - 14:49
I would take a look here first unless you already have

http://icewm.org/FAQ/
I looked there, coulnd&#39;t find anything :(

shn
02-15-2004, 09:20 PM
To configure all of IceWM options go to sections about configuration.

Generally all you need to customize IceWM globaly, is to edit /usr/local/share/icewm/preferences etc

Try to find that config file and see if you see anything in there relating to tray size.

LSA
02-15-2004, 10:28 PM
I looked and couldn&#39;t find anything in there, but here are all the lines that have the word tray in them.

#&nbsp; Show windows in the tray
# TaskBarShowTray=1 # 0/1

#&nbsp; Surround the tray with plastic border
# TrayDrawBevel=1 # 0/1

#&nbsp; Show windows from all workspaces on tray
# TrayShowAllWindows=1 # 0/1

I seached other forums and couldn&#39;t find anything about this :unsure:

shn
02-15-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by LSA@15 February 2004 - 16:28
I looked and couldn&#39;t find anything in there, but here are all the lines that have the word tray in them.

# TrayDrawBevel=1 # 0/1

1 = a positive value and 0 = a negative meaning if you put 0 by "TaskBarShowTray=" it will not show task bar tray. Vise versa

Try putting 0 on show all windows from workspace and it shouldnt show all of them maybe that will give it more room depending on how many workspaces you have.

LSA
02-15-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by shn+15 February 2004 - 17:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 15 February 2004 - 17:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LSA@15 February 2004 - 16:28

# TrayDrawBevel=1 # 0/1

1 = a positive value and 0 = a negative meaning if you put 0 by "TaskBarShowTray=" it will not show task bar tray. Vise versa

Try putting 0 on show all windows from workspace and it shouldnt show all of them maybe that will give it more room depending on how many workspaces you have. [/b][/quote]
I have 4 but usually set it to 1 because I never use the extra workspaces...

I&#39;ll try that

shn
02-15-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by LSA+15 February 2004 - 17:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LSA &#064; 15 February 2004 - 17:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by shn@15 February 2004 - 17:16
<!--QuoteBegin-LSA@15 February 2004 - 16:28

# TrayDrawBevel=1 # 0/1

Try putting 0 on show all windows from workspace and it shouldnt show all of them maybe that will give it more room depending on how many workspaces you have.
I have 4 but usually set it to 1 because I never use the extra workspaces...

I&#39;ll try that[/b][/quote]
Btw, that is not the number of how many workspaces you want to have. That value is only to determine wether you want to show any workspaces period.

1 = yes
0 = no

LSA
02-15-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by shn@15 February 2004 - 17:39
Btw,&nbsp; that is not the number of how many workspaces you want to have.&nbsp; That value is only to determine wether you want to show any workspaces period.

1 = yes
0 = no
I don&#39;t understand, which config line is that under?

I would like to change it so I just have 1 workspace and no pager in the taskbar.

-------

I did this:

# This file should be copied to /etc/icewm/ or &#036;HOME/.icewm/ directory
# NOTE: All settings are commented out by default, be sure to
# uncomment them if you change them&#33;

for example I changed this:

# Show mailbox status on task bar
# TaskBarShowMailboxStatus=0 # 0/1

to this

Show mailbox status on task bar
TaskBarShowMailboxStatus=0 # 0/1

That didn&#39;t work, I restarted icewm, but still didn&#39;t work...

I did this:

# Show windows from all workspaces on tray
TrayShowAllWindows=0 # 0/1

It did what it was supposed to but didn&#39;t change the tray icon size.

I tried this one too, but that didn&#39;t do anything...

Surround the tray with plastic border
TrayDrawBevel=1 # 0/1

I think it used to be 0. I uncommented it and restarted icewm but still is the same....

I can&#39;t get icewm control panel to work because I can&#39;t get pygtk to work, but that&#39;s another story... :ph34r:

shn
02-16-2004, 02:51 AM
Im running icewm right now. Im customizing it now. If I find out anything Ill let you know ;)

Btw, where is the icewm control panel and what does it do?

LSA
02-16-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by shn@15 February 2004 - 20:51
Im running icewm right now. Im customizing it now. If I find out anything Ill let you know ;)

Btw, where is the icewm control panel and what does it do?

http://icesoundmanager.sourceforge.net/

^^It says soundmanager but the control panel is there too

What is IceWM Control Panel?
IceWM Control Panel (IceWMCP) is the first full-featured, Gtk-based control panel for IceWM. It is meant to run in IceWM, but can be used in ANY window manager as a general-purpose control panel. IceWMCP is multi-lingual. Currently, the following languages are supported: English, Spanish, Russian, Traditional Chinese, French (partial), and Finnish (IceWMCP-IceMe only).&nbsp; Developers: If you would like to use IceWMCP as the foundation for a new control panel (for a new window manager, etc.), see the developer&#39;s release of IceWMCP. IceWMCP was inspired by the Qt-based application called IceCC, but includes many more tools, a more familiar Windoze Control Panel-like interface, and uses the MUCH faster Gtk user interface (Who runs a fast Window Manager like IceWM, to launch SLOW-running, memory-intensive Qt/KDE-based applications?? I sure don&#39;t). Let&#39;s face it: IceWM and fast Gtk interfaces work well together. In addition, because IceWM Control Panel is written with a TRUE open source widget set, Gtk+, you don&#39;t have to worry about the licensing problems associated with proprietary QT-based applications. IceWM Control Panel is TRUE open source, through and through.

Need pygtk <_< :frusty:

This is a cool skin for icewm: http://themes.freshmeat.net/projects/icequa/
Have to gunzip the font to make it look right