PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons Episodes (new S15 And Old)

DWells55
02-15-2004, 06:36 PM
Okay, I used to have 250 Simpsons Episodes before my freakin HD crashed. Now, you can't find good quality (352x240 around 200MBs) , or any at all for the most part, Simpsons episodes. So what should I use to get them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4th gen
02-15-2004, 06:38 PM
The simplest solution would probably be Bittorent (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showforum=59)

DWells55
02-15-2004, 06:57 PM
I'm a n00b so don't make fun of me, what is BitTorrent and is it hard to use? And also, where do I find good torrent things?

tracydani
02-15-2004, 07:00 PM
He gave you a link. Did you click on it? If so, you would have been taken to all you need to know about BT.

TD

EDITED: to add

It's all you will ever need(along with irc).

DWells55
02-15-2004, 07:04 PM
Okay, one more thing, the guide says ur DLs are proportional to ur ULs. How does uploading work? Is there a shared folder like KaZaA? And am I always uploading, or only when I'm downloading? Also, are there no regular P2P programs for Simpsons episodes? This whole BitTorrent thing is confusing.

DWells55
02-15-2004, 07:15 PM
I read the guide and I'm still confused...

tracydani
02-15-2004, 07:16 PM
When you are dl'ing a file with bt, you automatically ul when you have a bit of the file. The only files you are uploading are the files you are downloading or have finished dl'ing without closing the file.

You can also seed a file which is to create a torrent of your own from a file you have and post it at suprnova or other site like it. Then others can dl from you.

The thing you need to worry about is if you get a client that allows you to limit your upload speed. If you do this, then you need to worry about your speed slowing down as your dl can only be as fast as the ul of others. So the more you upload, the less others nedd to upload to those same people which means there is more for them to give to you.

Now that I have thoroughly confused you, good luck:lol:

Move your questions to the bt part of the forum for more appropriate answers to your questions and have fun with bt.

TD

DWells55
02-15-2004, 07:25 PM
Actually, that really helped, thank you! It's amazing how quick I get replies on this board! Now, I just need to find some good Simpsons torrents. Tvtorrents.com requires you to sign up (probably so they can spam the crap out of you).

4th gen
02-15-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by DWells55@15 February 2004 - 18:25
Actually, that really helped, thank you! It's amazing how quick I get replies on this board! Now, I just need to find some good Simpsons torrents. Tvtorrents.com requires you to sign up (probably so they can spam the crap out of you).
If you want to be able to sign up for a forum without giving away your email address, try Mailinator (http://www.mailinator.com). Then you can enter any email address (e.g. [email protected]), put that into the forum signup and then you can activate the account from mailinator without ever giving out a real address :)

tracydani
02-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Also, tvtorrents alows you to dl as long as you ul. You get a starting credit of 1.5 or 1500(can't remember) and you need to keep your score above zero or you will not be able to dl from there. If you fall below 0 you need to seed a file before you can dl again.

It is a great system that ensures sources for the people who go there. I used to get very good speeds as a result but have not been there in a bit.

TD

DWells55
02-15-2004, 07:59 PM
Okay, I started downloading it, and a quarter of the way through, I cancelled it so I could open up the episode and watch some of it. But WMP is telling me its corrupted! Do I have to wait for t he entire thing to DL?