PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Make French Fries

DivineBeingX
02-15-2004, 07:02 PM
I feeling kind of hungry and decided to imake some frenh fries yummy huh?

Heres the deal. I have potatoes and seasonal salt. How do i make french fries?

If i make em i could share with the whole board :o :D

Please help me out with this problem.......

btw im starting to faint and i could pass out at any minute. :01: :01:

Smith
02-15-2004, 07:09 PM
well, u cut them up into fries. not to thin or else theyll burn. about ------ wide and

---- thick.

put some oil into a pan and heat it up a bit. put the fries in and keep em moving around or theyll stick 2 the pan. when their a nice golden cololour> goldybrown their readdy.

take the fries out and let them sit in some paper towl, 2 get the oil off them. put some salt on and enjoy.

**note when kooking stand back, oil splatters, so put some clothing on. :lol:

dont put to muck oil in, their shouldnt be any more oil than about .7mm from the bottom.

enjoy!

here use this pictire as a refrence, the colour of them should be a bit darker though when their done

http://parfries.co.uk/eng/images/frenchfries.jpg

internet.news
02-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by TheCanuk@15 February 2004 - 18:09
well, u cut them up into fries. not to thin or else theyll burn. about ------ wide and

---- thick.

put some oil into a pan and heat it up a bit. put the fries in and keep em moving around or theyll stick 2 the pan. when their a nice golden cololour> goldybrown their readdy.

take the fries out and let them sit in some paper towl, 2 get the oil off them. put some salt on and enjoy.

dont put to muck oil in, their shouldnt be any more oil than about .7mm from the bottom.

enjoy!

here use this pictire as a refrence, the colour of them should be a bit darker though when their done

...........then go to McDonalds and ask if you can swap

DivineBeingX
02-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by TheCanuk@15 February 2004 - 19:09

---- thick.

enjoy!

this is why i like this board, people can ehlp you out. thanks for the directions and yes i will stand back from the oil splattering :lol: :lol:

btw i hope my fries look good as thoses in your pic

oh yea btw can i put chesse on them too? :blink:

bujub22
02-15-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by DivineBeingX@15 February 2004 - 15:16

yah but :( i don't think you want them after cheese sat on them :lol: :lol:

DivineBeingX
02-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by samsamsamsam+15 February 2004 - 19:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (samsamsamsam &#064; 15 February 2004 - 19:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheCanuk@15 February 2004 - 18:09

---- thick.

enjoy&#33;

...........then go to McDonalds and ask if you can swap [/b][/quote]
lol dont think they would trade my homemade fries for their hot popular chilli chesse fires. B)

DivineBeingX
02-15-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by bujub22+15 February 2004 - 19:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bujub22 @ 15 February 2004 - 19:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DivineBeingX@15 February 2004 - 15:16

yah but :( i don&#39;t think you want them after cheese sat on them :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
ew........who sat on my chesse :angry: i demand somebody tell me who it is.show your face :lol: :lol:

btw just playing but chesse can have some too

vidcc
02-15-2004, 07:23 PM
cook them in drippin instead of oil :P

Smith
02-15-2004, 07:24 PM
after their done, grade some cheese and put it on the fries, then put them in the oven, till they melt

Skweeky
02-15-2004, 07:27 PM
One thing not to do is to go to Belgium....their chips are horrible&#33; :x

PS I just got my ass kicked from Skweeky for that :(

DivineBeingX
02-15-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by vidcc@15 February 2004 - 19:23
cook them in drippin instead of oil :P
what is that drippin? :blink:

muchspl2
02-15-2004, 07:30 PM
its a 2 step process
fry @ 350 for a few then drain well (cooks the middle), crank the heat to 400 then fry again
to make then crunchy

DivineBeingX
02-15-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by TheCanuk@15 February 2004 - 19:24
after their done, grade some cheese and put it on the fries, then put them in the oven, till they melt
man your a cook genius. :lol: that do make sense to melt them in the oven instead of that hot oil splattring pan. :lol:

@Skeeky never been their but thanks for the info ;)

DivineBeingX
02-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@15 February 2004 - 19:30
its a 2 step process
fry @ 350 for a few then drain well (cooks the middle), crank the heat to 400 then fry again
to make then crunchy
wow that sound dangerous :lol: i guess i stay simple with it but thanks for the info ;)

Smith
02-15-2004, 07:36 PM
well i try ;)

edit: thx alot, now i wana make some fries and put cheese on em

Smith
02-15-2004, 07:44 PM
alrite, heres my fav thing 2 do with pototoes, its a secret, but ill share it with u.

get a nice size popatoe, and give it a good scrub.

then put about 5.mm of water in a microwave save dish, and put it in he microwave for 6 min, covered up, and with the potato in it of course ;)

then wehn it comes out, put slits threw it, notall the was threw, but close to it, on all of the potato.

put it into a baking dish and pour melted garlic butter, and wut ever else u would like on it. bake till its readyy, and when it is sprinkle cheese on it.

its so good, u wont believe it ;)

DivineBeingX
02-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by TheCanuk@15 February 2004 - 19:36
well i try ;)

edit: thx alot, now i wana make some fries and put cheese on em
:lol: :lol: i know how you feel :lol: :lol:

internet.news
02-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by TheCanuk@15 February 2004 - 18:44
alrite, heres my fav thing 2 do with pototoes, its a secret, but ill share it with u.

then put about 5.mm of water in a microwave save dish, and put it in he microwave for 6 min, covered up, and with the potato in it of course ;)

then wehn it comes out, put slits threw it, notall the was threw, but close to it, on all of the potato.

put it into a baking dish and pour melted garlic butter, and wut ever else u would like on it. bake till its readyy, and when it is sprinkle cheese on it.

lol..........started reading that thinking it was a sex thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

it isn&#39;t is it? :ph34r:

Smith
02-15-2004, 07:46 PM
fool

DivineBeingX
02-15-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by TheCanuk@15 February 2004 - 19:44

sound great ill try that :)

enoughfakefiles
02-15-2004, 07:55 PM
I still think it would be easier to say i`ll have fries with them. :lol: :lol:

Can`t you tell i can`t cook. :D

muchspl2
02-15-2004, 07:56 PM
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/re...6_13895,00.html (http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_13895,00.html)

Smith
02-15-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@15 February 2004 - 19:56
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/re...6_13895,00.html (http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_13895,00.html)
what r u doing on the food network?