PDA

View Full Version : How To Use Html In This Forum?

Wocus
03-05-2003, 05:17 PM
he i was wondering how i could use html.. i did it ones (see my topics in games and movies, i post some hashes there) and i wanna do it again... someone told me to use [ and ] and not < and > i tried that, doesn&#39;t work... someone told me :rtfm: i did... couldn&#39;t find a thing...

so is there someone out there who can help me??

ps. if this topic is already out there, i&#39;m sorry :(

Yusuke
03-06-2003, 07:32 AM
AFAIK, you can only use html code in the "world" (games, music, software, etc.) sections and only for sig2dat hashes.. Everywhere else in the forum, you use bbcode for images and links and stuff

jetje
03-06-2003, 09:07 AM
Wocus, the question ain&#39;t dumb but you post it in.....Kazaa related questions well it has to be in... About our website and forum.

N£MO
03-06-2003, 09:20 AM
jetje Posted on 6 March 2003 - 10:07
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wocus, the question ain&#39;t dumb but you post it in.....Kazaa related questions well it has to be in... About our website and forum.

No Wocus as Jetje said the question aint dumb....but you are :lol: :lol: j/k

[B][O][T]
03-06-2003, 12:16 PM
You can use BB Code, a simplified version of HTML, in your posts to create certain effects.

Search for BB Code in Google or Altavista.

vegeta
03-06-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by N£MO@6 March 2003 - 10:20

jetje Posted on 6 March 2003 - 10:07
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Wocus as Jetje said the question aint dumb....but you are :lol: :lol: j/k
nice one but that does not means that u have to abuse someone <_<

Lamsey
03-06-2003, 05:10 PM
There are buttons for doing formatting.

I&#39;m using them now...

Why else would you want to use HTML?

Ron
03-06-2003, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same.
I use BB code only to emphasize a certain word, if needed.
Too much code messes up the page, I think.
I&#39;ve seen a few examples of that in the lounge lately.
Html could allow certain malicious people to really f*ck up this forum.
What&#39;s up with people lately?
They always want more and more, and then even more.
BB&#39;s have been around for a long time, and I never missed using html.
I never missed *.swf files in the sigs, or *.avi&#39;s, or *.mpegs, or *.exe, or whatever.
This is our forum people, not YOUR personal playground.
Have some consideration for those of us who don&#39;t want to see enormous fonts, pagefilling sigs, or hear background music on every page.
Even if that&#39;s not what you want to do, it will happen eventually, and the MODs will have a hard time editing everything out.
I like this forum the way it is, let&#39;s just stick with what the majority wants, please.

Wocus
03-06-2003, 05:48 PM
geez ron, it was just a question... and sorry for posting this topic in the rong section... i don&#39;t want to use html for fucking up something... i was just wondering why it was posible in some topics and other not... the first post was clear... thx&#33; :)

why using html?? for example, marquee texts.. (only people who know html know the command marquee)

Amarjit
03-06-2003, 05:58 PM
The administrators of this forum (Paul and VB) did not decide to enable HTML but allowed BB code. Or, perhaps Invision Board does not support HTML. I know that phpBB and vBulletin do however.

Ron
03-06-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Wocus@6 March 2003 - 18:48
geez ron, it was just a question...
I wasn&#39;t flamng you Wocus. :)
I just gave my opinion, that&#39;s all.

The Great Dude
03-07-2003, 12:14 AM
It does support html, well in the verifieds, I used them for pictures sometimes. :lol: Html allows you to do more things than BB.

echidna
05-08-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Wocus@7 March 2003 - 03:48
why using html?? for example, marquee texts.. (only people who know html know the command marquee)
i found bb code for marquee text
and table which i was looking for
but this system doesn&#39;t render them :(
see http://azure.bbboy.net/futurama-print?foru...rum=1&thread=11 (http://azure.bbboy.net/futurama-print?forum=1&thread=11)

Nesseight
05-08-2003, 02:36 PM
Uhh... don&#39;t even worry about HTML... IMO the only people with access to HTML should be the webmasters, it&#39;s a security flaw in the forum for more reasons than screwing up the table layout.

When you reply you should see buttons above the textarea... that&#39;s all you need because anything else is either malicious, or annoying.

kAb
05-08-2003, 10:40 PM
oh shit.

wocus is back...

:lol:

*runs to avoid mass spammage :unsure: *

The Great Dude
05-08-2003, 11:00 PM
kAb, look at the date of this post. :lol:

kAb
05-08-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by The_Great_Dude_[R.I.P.]@8 May 2003 - 15:00
kAb, look at the date of this post. :lol:
lmfao :lol: :lol:

i had looked earlier... and i thought it said may :lol:

echidna
05-18-2003, 01:10 PM
i&#39;ve further read about alpha and arabic list bbcodes ala. [list=A] and [LIST=1] instead of the usual list
i understand the reasons for the lack of <html> but bbcodes are parsed and the parseing is controlled by the webmasters
so i&#39;d definately like some more bbcode support
tables [with rules] for signatures and proper lists would be great

Nimdock
05-19-2003, 09:40 AM
Well, I need to learn how to modify the bb code allowed in a forum (I also uso an Invision Power Board)... I need to allow users to make tables... if I learn anything I&#39;ll share, if you do, please do the same.

UKMan
05-19-2003, 10:32 AM
There are a couple of links i found that might help:
http://www.globalclandirectory.com/forum/f...php?mode=bbcode (http://www.globalclandirectory.com/forum/faq.php?mode=bbcode)

I especially like THIS one - its an unusual layout:
http://www.qatarzone.com/guestbook/index.p...p?action=bbcode (http://www.qatarzone.com/guestbook/index.php?action=bbcode)

Not all the BB codes suggested on these sites work here ;)

Hope this helps
Peace
UKMan

edit: i tried some of the [center] & [move] tags - didnt work here :(

Nimdock
05-19-2003, 02:24 PM
Too bad that it doesn&#39;t say anything about tables... I would hate to activate html... :(