PDA

View Full Version : How To Change Format Of Music File

BROCKSTER
03-05-2003, 05:24 PM
is it possible to change the format of a music file to midi formatt coz i need it in midi formatt?????

thanks for ANY help :D

imported_jamesandpie
03-05-2003, 05:37 PM
Nope its not. Ive tried many a time.

BROCKSTER
03-05-2003, 05:48 PM
if its not possible HOW ARE MIDI files made i need to know to get em for my phone??? :'(

danne
03-05-2003, 06:01 PM
It depends on what the original format of the song is. To convert, say an mp3 or wav file to midi, heck, I wouldn't even think of it. It would require quite something to do that.

If you are going from mod, xm, med or any other tracker formats there are programs out there, but don't expect too much from them either. There are lots of sites out there with popular tunes in midi format. I browsed through quite a bunch to find a melody for my phone as well. Unfortunatly I don't have any of those left. In the end, I settled for a wav-file for ring signal ;) Just get on google, and do a search.

If you want software to create your own midis, I think there are quite a bunch of hashes posted about that. (search for f.ex cubase, cakewalk or miditracker if you prefer tracking to sequencing).

Try to get hold of some of those guys in the forum who makes music themselves =) (know there are some guys, just can't remember any nicks now, sry)

BROCKSTER
03-05-2003, 07:11 PM
so can some one explain wot im meant to do to get songs or to convert songs so i can put them onto my samsung T100???

please i dont wanna pay £3 a tune :wacko:

danne
03-06-2003, 05:36 PM
Sry, have no knowledge about samsung, only ever used ericsson, nokia and now back to sonyericsson.

But if it can play midis and you can connect it to your computer in any way (ir, bluetooth, cable) then there must be a program to transfer dataq to/from the phone. If not, I think you are stuck with 'sms'ing the tunes to your phone and have to pay for it. Logomanager was a pretty good program for this for nokia phones, I dunno if one like it exists for samsung.

BROCKSTER
03-06-2003, 05:43 PM
i know how to transfer them ive got the cable program etc i just want to conert my songs for it ive got some that are in that format but there not really new

Crack_man
03-06-2003, 08:37 PM
Try this program from this website http://www.digibookcase.com/.