PDA

View Full Version : Some Ideas For Stickys...

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-16-2004, 08:14 AM
Ok first of all.The "KLF Radio" Sticky does not need to be there for a few Months.And even then it might not have to be...we will just wait and see.

"Guide For Making High Quality Mp3 Files" should be changed.We all agree Paul did a great Job explaining about EAC.But there are other Programs that are out there that are just as good.Jibbler has OCR and alot of us use dBpowerAMP.I know there is a few more. :P

The other 2 Stickys are good for now."I Loathe The Hate !" has worked really well.There is hardly any fighting about what Genre is better then the other anymore.Yes some of the Threads was fun but MusicWorld is alot better because of it. :)

Ok I have to bring this up.It has nothing to do with the Stickys.But how long do you think we will be needing hashes?Do not tell me some of the MODs have not thought about this.I know they have and so have quite a few Members.

:D Ok time to throw a few ideas out there for the Stickys.I will Post a few later after I see what others say. :D

:01: Long Live MusicWorld! :01:

FC http://filesharingtalk.com/extras/green/icon_cool.gif

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-16-2004, 08:23 AM
:D Ohhh I have one.A sticky showing off Peoples Collection in some way. :D

:P Ok.Nevermind.I can see it now."you people just want to spam your sites!". :P

:lol:

[B][O][T]
02-16-2004, 08:33 AM
Unpinned My topic about screeching song files....Read My post over there :)

Thanks FC,
BOT

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-16-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by [B][O][T]@16 February 2004 - 03:33
Unpinned My topic about screeching song files....Read My post over there :)

Thanks FC,
BOT
:lol: :P :lol:

I Posted over there right before you just did dude!

:lol: :P :lol:

Adster
02-16-2004, 10:34 AM
yeah the screeching mp3s has died off thank god!! :lol:

but yeah as for the hashes there was a time when jibbler used to post verified everyday of new stuff

hell FC posted 200 pages of hash's once

Celerystalksme
02-16-2004, 12:46 PM
I posted 200 grams of hashes

lucky i didnt get caught...those sniffer dogs are gettin a bit old for teh new school of dealers...the US postal service and Australia Post aint got shit on me :lol:

Laters
Cely :music1:

p.s. i got a good sticky...songs that you masturbate to :D

summerlinda
02-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@16 February 2004 - 10:14
"Guide For Making High Quality Mp3 Files" should be changed.We all agree Paul did a great Job explaining about EAC.But there are other Programs that are out there that are just as good.Jibbler has OCR and alot of us use dBpowerAMP.I know there is a few more. :P

It wasnt Paul who did the explaning, he did the copying though, that article was made by Chris Myden. Paul took it from Zeropaid like he said :)

Anyway, maybe that sticky can include some explaining about Encoders [more important then the ripper itself] bitrates, about CBR and VBR and something about MP3 quality checkers.

Just a thought...

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-16-2004, 01:20 PM
:P That goes to show how well I read the Sticky! :lol:

;) Anyway.Need to go find Jetje and have him remove the KLF Radio sticky.I think he will.Do not need it right now.Do we? :huh:

:D And yes Encoders would be nice also for People.Along with the Rippers.Really just a Sticky for NOOBs.All us VETs already have Programs we use and RIP CDs fine for us. :D

Jibbler
02-16-2004, 06:57 PM
Remove the hashes? I really don't know if anyone uses Klite hashes. Alot of peeps still use the program, prolly for just general searching. :ghostface:

Benno
02-16-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by summerlinda@16 February 2004 - 13:06
Anyway, maybe that sticky can include some explaining about Encoders [more important then the ripper itself] bitrates, about CBR and VBR and something about MP3 quality checkers.

Just a thought...
sorry Linda but thats simply not true, if the ripper is bad and you get fucked up wav files, not even the best encoder can make you a good mp3
thoug I see your point, even with the best wav files you cant get a good mp3 if you use a shitty encoder :)

fkdup74
02-17-2004, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Benno@16 February 2004 - 15:13
even with the best wav files you cant get a good mp3 if you use a shitty encoder :)
too true
a 128 kbs LAME encoded mp3 sounds better than a 190 kbs xing :lol:
(i had the displeasure of d/l'ing some xing encoded files) :(

Afronaut
02-17-2004, 08:52 PM
Ok, who wants to do a Sticky about different rippers/encodrs?
I can give it a go too tho...

Just make a nice thread here and it could get a Sticky.

:)

fkdup74
02-18-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Guitar-Slinger@17 February 2004 - 12:52
Ok, who wants to do a Sticky about different rippers/encodrs?
I can give it a go too tho...

Just make a nice thread here and it could get a Sticky.

:)
i think paul's sticky about EAC is nice,
although it could maybe be cleaned up a little
(it could be shortened by taking out some of the recaps, etc.)

and any sticky made is gonna say alot of what he already posted

LAME is still the best encoder, i think most will agree on that...
the only thing left for a guide would be bitrates and different rippers
and maybe one on different formats, ogg, flac, ape, etc.

so, what exactly are we looking for here? :unsure:

i mean, IMO, you dont need a guide for dbPoweramp,
its sooooooo damn easy to use.....
(havent tried audiograbber or none of the others)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-18-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by FKDUP74@18 February 2004 - 17:44
so, what exactly are we looking for here? :unsure:

i mean, IMO, you dont need a guide for dbPoweramp,
its sooooooo damn easy to use.....
(havent tried audiograbber or none of the others)
;) Yes.Some of the NOOBs will.Like I said.All of us that have been around already have the Programs we like to RIP CDs with. :D

:huh: Any other ideas for Stickys? :huh:

:P I know a Sub Forum for SoulSeek would be nice to have over here.Instead of where it is at. :P

Afronaut
02-18-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@19 February 2004 - 01:25

:huh: Any other ideas for Stickys? :huh:

:P I know a Sub Forum for SoulSeek would be nice to have over here.Instead of where it is at. :P
Ok mister Colter, :P
I will take the matter to the Team Chat, see what other mods and admins think of the idea, personally i agree, SouSeek belongs to MusicWorld... kinda.
Lotsa regulars here are on the SS also.

It would be cool to have Sticcky about All the Nice usefull Rippers out there,
fo n00bs, not much like tutorials as some of them are easy to use,
just about where to get some etc...

But like Funky said, they need a place to start and Someone has to
say them to stop doing 128 or WMA, lol.

Just the Basics. :)

:cool2:

fkdup74
02-19-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Guitar-Slinger@18 February 2004 - 15:59
But like Funky said, they need a place to start and Someone has to say them to stop doing 128 or WMA, lol.

:lol: yeah, i guess i see the need :P

well, i got the time, i dont mind writin one up for dbPoweramp,
but audiograbber and such is beyond me, i havent used em

*fkdup likes teh poweramp :P

Afronaut
02-19-2004, 12:37 AM
Yeah, leaving the Stucky open so ppl can add Tutorials or whatnot to theyr favorite App.

:cool2:

CrumbCat
02-19-2004, 12:42 AM
Don't forget about EAC.......

Originally posted by Jibbler@17 February 2004 - 18:16
This discussion has moved way beyond sound quality.  320?  Too damn big, and tests have proven that lossless compression can be achieved at much smaller bitrate/filesize. 

The ripkit was designed to keep things uniform among the rippers, and each rip comes with an nfo that shows ripping notes, details... an .sfv file to verify that there were no corrupt files created during ftp xfer... an m3u file to make playing/burning a full cd easy... we add coverscans, which most major ripping groups DON'T include.. why?  cause they are lazy.. and our rips conform to scene standard which is --alt-preset standard VBR using tried, tested, and proven ripper/encoder matching of EAC/Lame.  This 'scene standard' was created by audiofiles and computer geeks who thru there own time/testing/contribution, were able to determine a system acceptable for creating music even YOUR ears will satisfy.

The rip kit really shouldn't be discussed on such a 'public' forum.  Users looking to properly share high quality rips of thier music are welcome to contribute and possibly rip for us.  However, we are an internal group that does this purely for the fun of the scene, so we are not recruiting new members.  However, if you can contribute something to the cause............ :music1:

The new Ripping Scene standard is --alt-preset standard VBR using tried, tested, and proven ripper/encoder matching of EAC/Lame. This 'scene standard' was created by audiofiles and computer geeks who thru there own time/testing/contribution, were able to determine a system acceptable for creating music to satisfy the ears of anyone.

CC

fkdup74
02-19-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by CrumbCat@18 February 2004 - 16:42
Don't forget about EAC.......

:P nobody's forgettin teh EAC :P

think everyone was trying towards a n00b's guide
and EAC isnt for n00bs :P
IMO though, db is an excellent starting point
n00b friendly, makes good rips,
has VBR/ABR/CBR, LAME encoder intergrated,
and if they want to graduate to EAC, cool