PDA

View Full Version : "the New Definition Of Spam"

internet.news
02-16-2004, 02:41 PM
Posted by 7th Element:

Any post that is either irrelevant to the topic of discussion, or forum is classified as SPAM. A common instance of this is posting nonsense that has absolutely nothing to do with that forum or discussion at hand.

If you post a thread directed at a specific member, it may be classified as SPAM. Please use the Private Messaging function to contact members privately about personal matters, or discussions.

My thoughts:

SPAM remains for me as unwanted ad mails and ad topics. And I think the K-Lite
Board is going to be a few opened place than before. I am thinking of leaving this
place, but not being less opened. Ok, I know before you could post every little
thought - and this was ok, completely, as this was a place to share thoughts
openly. But with the new rules, if the moderator follow them strictly the board
wouldn't be as same opened as before. If things gonna change furthermore in
a non opened way, I am unsure to continue staying here. Anyway, I remain
opened, any you always can ask me anything openly and I will try to help you
as far as I can.

What would Paul and VB think of you, Marc, making this place fewer opened? :(
I totally respect your work as an Admin, as you mentioned you do it as a
professional and has a lot of experience that surely helps you to decide things.

Sadly looking,

David.

muchspl2
02-16-2004, 02:45 PM
What would Paul and VB think of you, Marc, making this place fewer opened? 
professional and has a lot of experience that surely helps you to decide things.

why do you keep talking about them like they are a part of this, move on as they have
stop trying to bring wwpd (what would paul do) makes no sense

7thElement
02-16-2004, 02:46 PM
Guess you are not getting the point :)

The new forum actually enables you to share your thoughts without others hijacking your post / flaming you.

I don't see how this restricts people from posting at all cause the old lounge still exists.

If you wonder what VB and Paul think about it - just ask them by sending a PM. Since you claim that you have such a good contact with Paul maybe use the contact and drop him a note about what you think.

Marc

internet.news
02-16-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by internet.news@16 February 2004 - 13:41
Posted by 7th Element:

why didn't you use your main account?........people will find out who you are!

internet.news
02-16-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by 7thElement@16 February 2004 - 15:46
Guess you are not getting the point :)

The new forum actually enables you to share your thoughts without others hijacking your post / flaming you.

I don't see how this restricts people from posting at all cause the old lounge still exists.

If you wonder what VB and Paul think about it - just ask them by sending a PM. Since you claim that you have such a good contact with Paul maybe use the contact and drop him a note about what you think.

Marc
Can you remember threads that have been hijacked before?

I can't remember there had been a chaos with the old rules?

;)

7thElement
02-16-2004, 03:16 PM
I am sure I can find at least 100 topics where people talk about stuff and others post STFU.

That's a sort of off-topic / flaming.

Such things won't happen in the new forum :)

It's like you want to post something about your city and others start to talk about the moon instead to answer you.

masta.z
02-16-2004, 03:19 PM
the whole point in the lounge was a place to have a laugh and not take anything seriously... not for serious topics

7thElement
02-16-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by masta.z@16 February 2004 - 15:19
the whole point in the lounge was a place to have a laugh and not take anything seriously... not for serious topics
Yes, and that's how it still is :)

The only change is a new forum where more serious discussions find a place ;)

internet.news
02-16-2004, 03:28 PM
A "World News and Events" but not about World News and Events?

bujub22
02-16-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by 7thElement@16 February 2004 - 11:16
I am sure I can find at least 100 topics where people talk about stuff and others post STFU.

That's a sort of off-topic / flaming.

Such things won't happen in the new forum :)

It's like you want to post something about your city and others start to talk about the moon instead to answer you.
1 that's why we had a stfu thread
2 so what if someone fell a lil off topic that's what happens when you start a topic

god all this jus becuz ppl can't handle a lil sarcasim or someone elses views

I.am
02-16-2004, 07:11 PM
Come on guys. Its not like the rules have changed. Its still the same only a new section is added for on-focus discussions. Before I was like another new change and was a little weird but now when I come to think about it, its an excellent idea!

:)

Busyman
02-16-2004, 07:44 PM
@internet.news-

I really don't know what YOUR complaint is.

7th is basically telling you to spam away....just not in here. What's your problem?
You wanna rule this Lounge too?

If you paid attention, you could NOT do that crap when Paul or VB was here IN ANY WORLD!!

So again, what's your malfunction?

atiVidia
02-16-2004, 07:53 PM
so basically the new lounge is a "world" where you have to "seriously" discuss "any" subject...

7th there are already "worlds" designated for these functions... i see no need for a new lounge.....

Mad Cat
02-16-2004, 08:06 PM
Internet.News just leave if you don't like it. I'm sure your thoughts are wanted elsewhere.

jetje
02-16-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by internet.news+16 February 2004 - 15:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news &#064; 16 February 2004 - 15:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> My thoughts:
I am thinking of leaving this place
contra diction in terminus
Anyway, I remain opened, any you always can ask me anything openly and I will try to help you
as far as I can.

What would Paul and VB think of you, Marc, making this place fewer opened?&nbsp; :(

Sadly looking,

David. [/b]

Originally posted by Internet.News@
<!--QuoteBegin-Internet.News
Anyway, I remain opened, any you always can ask me anything openly and I will try to help you as far as I can.[/quote]
contra diction in terminus imo... but i won&#39;t mind if you follow the 1st one ;)
why this remark from me, well IN your latest topics you keep on "attacking" or at least questioning everything happening on the board with an added threat from you to leave... if your that unhappy here.. feel free to leave. Otherwise just go have some fun, but stop stalkin&#39; the board and 7th....

just sharing my thoughts openly... you will apreciate that

:)

Rip The Jacker
02-16-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by internet.news@16 February 2004 - 06:41
If you do, I think I&#39;ll celebrate.

Just sharing my thoughts openly...

Darth Sushi
02-16-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by internet.news@16 February 2004 - 06:41
Oh God, please let this be thy bidding. Grant this forum peace and tranquillity....

muchspl2
02-16-2004, 11:33 PM
the admins/mods have alot of patients, I would have blocked his whole ip net-block :lol:

Agrajag
02-17-2004, 12:33 AM
Again a good idea, which people are reacting to without trying. The point is that there has to be an off-topic section, to allow people to just post and chat about anything they want. Not specific to one of the named worlds.

Admin have decided that "The Lounge", the new one, is for people to do that, then for the thread to be about that topic and nothing else. That prevents people just hijacking it and changing the subject. Some people want to talk about things that are not specific someplace else, without other people just talking about what they want.

They have left the "Old Lounge / Chat Bar" where anything goes. If you start a thread there and it goes off topic, that is OK. Anarchy is alowed and the mods will be more lenient, without allowing people to be really hurtfull or break the basic rules.

We have been given more options, why is that a problem ?

Busyman
02-17-2004, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Agrajag@16 February 2004 - 20:33
We have been given more options, why is that a problem ?
It isn&#39;t, J&#39;Pol, except for internet.news. <_<

He wants to be able spam here too.

7th has given a throw-away world which is fine with me.
It actually keeps me here versus somewhere else due to this new "safe haven" world. :lol: :lol:

3RA1N1AC
02-17-2004, 09:40 AM
i had this guy pegged as a wacko months ago. what kind of sane, self-respecting male watches "touched by an angel" and talks like a chapter out of a new age sissy self-help book that&#39;s been run through two or three cruddy online translators before finally arriving on the k-lite forum?

~FunK_mOb~
02-17-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by masta.z@16 February 2004 - 16:19
And that is exactly why this Talk Club isn&#39;t a bad idea.
I always disliked,if not hated,the fact that when a serious topic was started in the lounge it would get a reply like "The lounge is a place where we won&#39;t take anything serious,so even if you start a serious thread,we will just hijack it or make stupid,"funny",useless remarks that have nothing to do with what you&#39;re talking about."The only people that might have had a change to start of a serious thread in the lounge,and keep it serious and on-topic were the &#39;regulars&#39;.This is how I see it ofcourse,and I&#39;ve seen this happen quite a few times.
So I really think this new section is a good thing.

evildon
02-17-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by samsamsamsam@16 February 2004 - 15:28
no..like i pointed out in another post along time ago...soem events are not world news or news period just serious or even semi serious issues or things to discuss...like my lfriend having MD...not a world thing but others might have some answers hints..tips on how to deal with it or on-line games that she may enjoy..or web-sites for her to look at...or if a users wants to seriously discuss religion...science etc..none of these are world events or news...just serious or philosophical stuff mostly...

internet.news
02-18-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by evildon+17 February 2004 - 21:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (evildon &#064; 17 February 2004 - 21:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-samsamsamsam@16 February 1996 - 15:28
no..like i pointed out in another post along time ago...soem events are not world news or news period just serious or even semi serious issues or things to discuss...like my lfriend having MD...not a world thing but others might have some answers hints..tips on how to deal with it or on-line games that she may enjoy..or web-sites for her to look at...or if a users wants to seriously discuss religion...science etc..none of these are world events or news...just serious or philosophical stuff mostly...[/b][/quote]
Yeah - I see what you mean althoguh I did make that post 8 years ago :rolleyes:

This place will probably take off after a couple of weeks :)

Cheese
02-18-2004, 12:46 AM
I thought this world would have a few topics by now...all we do have are some moved topics, two spam topics by Canuk and one by Netweiner that have yet to be moved and a few topics about this new lounge.

C&#39;mon people I want to try this serious thing out...but you&#39;ll have to lead the way...

edit: Oh and a quite good game that should have been posted in the lounge where more people could see it.

Busyman
02-18-2004, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese@17 February 2004 - 20:46
I thought this world would have a few topics by now...all we do have are some moved topics, two spam topics by Canuk and one by Netweiner that have yet to be moved and a few topics about this new lounge.

C&#39;mon people I want to try this serious thing out...but you&#39;ll have to lead the way...

edit: Oh and a quite good game that should have been posted in the lounge where more people could see it.
I thought it was a good idea (Talk Club) as well but I also thought that:

1. There were only a small number of people "screwing" the Lounge up anyway.

2. The Lounge should have been moderated like it used to. Allowing thread hijacking and ubiquitous spamming wasn&#39;t tolerated before.........so what now it is ......in the Lounge. That&#39;s still weird but I&#39;ll buy it since there is this Talk Club. <_<

What it comes down to is that a small number of members hijacked the Lounge and admin gave in and gave it to them. :lol: :lol:

Very interesting. :huh:

DWk
02-18-2004, 03:24 AM
My reply and some of the ones above mine, ARE spam <_<

100 points :frusty:

internet.news
02-18-2004, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Busyman@18 February 2004 - 02:09

What it comes down to is that some people didn&#39;t treat it so seriously and had fun yet still contributed and the admin apreciated that but set up another world with different rules for wingy little people like me :lol:&nbsp; :lol:

Very interesting. :huh:
I agree :D

Busyman
02-18-2004, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by samsamsamsam+17 February 2004 - 23:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (samsamsamsam @ 17 February 2004 - 23:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@18 February 2004 - 02:09

What it comes down to is that a small number of members hijacked the Lounge and admin gave in and gave it to them.&nbsp;

Very interesting.

I disagree :D [/b][/quote]
I&#39;m sorry to hear that since you were one of the main spammers if not THE spam king. ;)

Neo 721
02-19-2004, 08:57 PM
The way people are going on these days there might as well be a spam world.

bujub22
02-25-2004, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Neo 721@19 February 2004 - 16:57
The way people are going on these days there might as well be a spam world.
:o :lol: yah &#33; spam