PDA

View Full Version : I Just Encoed Dog Sosoldiers

hondarvf400
02-16-2004, 08:08 PM
its made dog soliders go from a 700mb to a 3.2GB file but with no sound, but first i used copytodvd to put it on disk but is would only open as a realmedia file and not a dvd, where has the sound gone

TheFilePirater
02-16-2004, 11:27 PM
here (http://www.google.com)

muchspl2
02-16-2004, 11:28 PM
try again and follow this guide
http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=93421&hl=

hondarvf400
02-17-2004, 12:25 AM
is there any way i can do it as a dvd and not a s/vcd because the file is now 3.2 gb thats 5 cd-r`s.

muchspl2
02-17-2004, 12:39 AM
just do it again I don't think you have the correct vafpi settings and/or codecs

ck-uk
02-17-2004, 07:55 AM
You've gone wrong somewhere mate ,obviously,But if you have a dvdburner ,i'm not even sure what you've made mate,just strip the audio ,encode it again then mux it back.If its not a dvd mpeg2 ,like svcd you'll have to modify it a bit to go to dvd. :)

Robert00000
02-17-2004, 03:16 PM
tempgenc has probs with some sound formats, you need to adjust a few settings for it to encode properly (if at all).

I would recommend using cucusoft vcd/dvd converter, it processes all sound formats you're likely to get on divx/xvid movies on kazaa.

By the way the reason the movie is 3.2 gig is because you set the bitrate too high. There is no point in point in having high bitrate (over 4000 kb/s) on downloaded movies because it will just take too much space for no reason.

You should re-encode it either as kvcd (as muchspl2 would advocate :D ) or as dvd mpeg 2 with vbr (variable bitrate) of between 2000 and 4000 kb/s.

This will give you smaller sized movie, which means you can fit 2 to 3 movies on one dvdr disk.

I've managed to fit 4 1/2 hours of movies on one dvd-r disk with only a tiny loss of visible quality.

EDIT: corrected spelling mistake

ck-uk
02-17-2004, 06:54 PM
You're crazy mate nad havnrt got a clue mate :)

tempgenc has probs with some sound formats, you need to adjust a few settings for it to encode properly (if at all).

no it dont

I would recommend using cucusoft vcd/dvd converter, it processes all sound formats you're likely to get on divx/xvid movies on kazaa.

Well thats up to us mate ,but tmp is the easiest and the best :)

You should re-encode it either as kvcd (as muchspl2 would advocate  ) or as dvd mpeg 2 with vbr (variable bitrate) of between 2000 and 4000 kb/s.

This will give you smaller sized movie, which means you can fit 2 to 3 movies on one dvdr disk.

I've managed to fit 4 1/2 hours of movies on one dvd-r disk with only a tiny loss of visible quality.

why reencode when he dont need to .Ppl should learn how to encode poperly before playin with bitrates,mateAnd as for fiting a pile of movies is obviously doable ,but shit even 4000 bitrate is low for a good quality dvd,so where you got you shouldnt bother using a bitrate of more than 4000 i dont know,esp when a decent quality dvd runs around 8000. :)

Robert00000
02-18-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by ck-uk@17 February 2004 - 18:54
You're crazy mate nad havnrt got a clue mate :)

no it dont

Well thats up to us mate ,but tmp is the easiest and the best :)

You should re-encode it either as kvcd (as muchspl2 would advocate ) or as dvd mpeg 2 with vbr (variable bitrate) of between 2000 and 4000 kb/s.

why reencode when he dont need to .Ppl should learn how to encode poperly before playin with bitrates,mateAnd as for fiting a pile of movies is obviously doable ,but shit even 4000 bitrate is low for a good quality dvd,so where you got you shouldnt bother using a bitrate of more than 4000 i dont know,esp when a decent quality dvd runs around 8000. :)
The fact of the matter is i've been encoding movies for over 3 years, so i have more of a clue than most :D

Have you actually encoded a movie where tmpgenc gave you problems with the sound? if you havent then you shouldnt speak, because you havent downloaded one that's in a format tmpgenc couldnt process. I've downloaded at least half a dozen.

I use tmpgenc for most of my conversions, but for a novice cucusoft is much easier, thats why i recommended it.

As for the bitrate, everyone should understand why its important, becasue it determines the file size and quality. Are you seriously suggesting you can improve the quality of a divx/xvid movie downloaded from the net?

What would be the point in setting the bitrate at 8000kb/s when the original downloaded movie has less quality than the max. 4000 can encode. have you ever checked to see by converting a divx/xvid from the net at different bitrates and comparing the quality? I have :D

Can i ask a simple question have actually used the settings i've mentioned or are you blabbing on about something you don't know?

All my advice is from experience by trying many different methods and settings, so i know what i'm talking about :angry:

ck-uk
02-18-2004, 06:26 PM
Have you actually encoded a movie where tmpgenc gave you problems with the sound? if you havent then you shouldnt speak, because you havent downloaded one that's in a format tmpgenc couldnt process. I've downloaded at least half a dozen.

Obviously have ,,other wise i wouldnt have a clue

As for the bitrate, everyone should understand why its important, becasue it determines the file size and quality. Are you seriously suggesting you can improve the quality of a divx/xvid movie downloaded from the net?

You'll have to explain this one again mate ,i dont know what you're on about

What would be the point in setting the bitrate at 8000kb/s when the original downloaded movie has less quality than the max. 4000 can encode. have you ever checked to see by converting a divx/xvid from the net at different bitrates and comparing the quality? I have

You still havnt got a clue mate.The source quality has nothing to do with it .If you're encoding with a high res you need a high bitrate as possible to keep the motion fluent

Can i ask a simple question have actually used the settings i've mentioned or are you blabbing on about something you don't know?

No i havnt mate ,why would i?

Robert00000
02-18-2004, 09:52 PM
I don't know if you're stupid or just acting it. I had to correct you once before when you

got CBR and VBR mixed up (REMEMBER). It's obvious your a newbie when it comes to movie

encoding, so don't try to give the impression you know more than you do.

Your confusing the importance of "resoltuion" in video and with images in determining the

quality of the picture. With images the picture is static so the resolution is the factor

that determines how good the quality is. With video, where you have moving bits and the tv

display is limited, it works differently, its the bitrate that determines the quality.

The greater the bits per second the more detail in the frame. The larger the frame size the

more bits you would need to keep the quality, but the resolution (frame size) doesnt really

matter when you have the movie on TV.

As you don't understand many things concering bitrate i'll set you a test. download a divx

or xvid movie from kazaa and encode it at 8000kb/s and then use my method of 2000 to 4000

kb/s VBR, keep the resolution the same for both at 720 x 576.

Copy the movies on a dvd-r and compare the quality of the movies. Then tell us how much

better the quality is of the 8000kb/s to the 4000kb/s (max). :D

You CANNOT better the quality of the source file however much you fiddle around with the

bitrate or resolution.

look at this link http://www.dvdrhelp.com/glossary?B#Bitrate and this one

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:N8Dtw...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8 (http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:N8Dtw48zUQYJ:www-vis.lbl.gov/software_support/express/help6.2/help/relnotes/mpeg.htm+mpeg+bitrate+quality&hl=en&ie=UTF-8) for what the bitrate does.
You can also search on google for other sites about info on bitrate and those tat know will

tell you the same.

Why the hell do i have to put up with this kind of lameness. Someone else please put this guy straight. I don't normally lose my temper, but this guy is really pissing me off :angry:

Robert00000
02-18-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by ck-uk@18 February 2004 - 18:26
The source quality has nothing to do with it.
WTF. Are you saying the source file has nothing to do with the quality of the movie you can create? :01:

So lets say if you downloaded a movie thats vcd quality to put it on a dvd you would re-encode this at 8000kb/s and and expect to get dvd quality picture? Thats :shit:

ck-uk
02-19-2004, 08:00 AM
got CBR and VBR mixed up (REMEMBER)

Not mate i've never been confused between cbr vbr

It's obvious your a newbie when it comes to movie

encoding, so don't try to give the impression you know more than you do.

ok mate ,if you need any help or guidence let me know :rolleyes:

As you don't understand many things concering bitrate i'll set you a test. download a divx

or xvid movie from kazaa and encode it at 8000kb/s and then use my method of 2000 to 4000

kb/s VBR, keep the resolution the same for both at 720 x 576.

Copy the movies on a dvd-r and compare the quality of the movies. Then tell us how much

better the quality is of the 8000kb/s to the 4000kb/s (max).

You CANNOT better the quality of the source file however much you fiddle around with the

There you go again mate ,the source and its quailty has nothing to do with it.The bitrate controls the motion n movement,if you create a dvd regardless of the source ,you need a high bitrate to keep it fleunt,the lower you have it the more jekkyness on movement ,hence the reason for up to 8000 bitrate. :)

Like i said if you need any help from someone experienced and understands encoding,just let me know and i'll be glad to help you :)

ck-uk
02-19-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Robert00000@18 February 2004 - 21:03
So lets say if you downloaded a movie thats vcd quality to put it on a dvd you would re-encode this at 8000kb/s and and expect to get dvd quality picture? Thats :shit:
You're confused mate.

what ever you encode from you encode a dvd which has to be a certain way regardless :)

Skillian
02-19-2004, 08:19 AM
A bit rate of 2000 would make a low quality DVD from a 1 disc xvid, let alone a 2 disc source. 4000 is really the minimum you should be looking at.

ck-uk
02-19-2004, 08:38 AM
Yeah mate its what i'm tring to get through to him.It dosnt matter if you're encoding from a 10 min donald duck vcd or a 2cdxivd :)

ck-uk
02-19-2004, 11:27 AM
Ok mate i've re-read through to tri to understand you.What you're getting confused with mate is theres a rule to encode to a certain size and the use of vbr ,and thats what you're a basing everything on.You need to learn about video and what is before you start to manitpulate it to do such things :)

Robert00000
02-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Skillian@19 February 2004 - 08:19
A bit rate of 2000 would make a low quality DVD from a 1 disc xvid, let alone a 2 disc source. 4000 is really the minimum you should be looking at.
To quote my original post:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You should re-encode it either as kvcd (as muchspl2 would advocate ) or as dvd mpeg 2 with vbr (variable bitrate) of between 2000 and 4000 kb/s.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've converted many different divx and xvid movies at different bitrates over the years and there is hardly any noticable difference if you set the bitrate to 2000 (minimum) and a max. of 4000 (vbr - as i've suggested) than that higher when you put this on a dvd-r and view on a tv (thats what we have been talking about - watching with dvd player).

Are you suggesting the tiny loss of quality (which is hardly noticable to most people) that allows you to put more movies on one disk isnt worth it?

We are talking about VBR aren't we? which ranges from (my setting) 2000 to 4000 depending on the requirments of each frame to keep the quality.

Most proper SVCD's (not the cam versions on bittorrent) are encoded at about 2500kb/s and most people think its near dvd quality and more than acceptable. VCD's are encoded at about 1150 kb/s CBR and in most scenes (close up slow moving) the quality is excellent.

By using 2000 to 4000 VBR you are shifting the higher bitrate to where its needed (action sequences to maintain quality - i.e no fuzzyness)

EDIT: I use this setting all the time because it offers the best quality to size ratio.

Robert00000
02-19-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by ck-uk@19 February 2004 - 08:38
Yeah mate its what i'm tring to get through to him.It dosnt matter if you're encoding from a 10 min donald duck vcd or a 2cdxivd :)
NO. Thats not what you have been talking about. You don't understand that the bitrate determines the quality and size of the movie.

I want to ask you 2 questions.

1) What do you think determines the quality of the movie? (defining quality as the detail and the sharpness of the picture)

2) Do you think a typical divx/xvid movie (which is usually about 700 to 800 meg in size, very few are larger than that) when encoded at 2000(min) 4000(max) VBR would be much worse in quality than that encoded at 8000 kb/s?

Your answers to these questions will tell us how much you understand about encoding.

ck-uk
02-19-2004, 02:37 PM
your whole post mate seems to be you judging,and deciding ,over me.......since the fuck when mate,huh?? theres a few of my movies on nova,go and watch one if you want to decide if i know about encoding.And instead of "you" deciding anything,maybe you can ask someone or maybe someone else can offer any comments :)

Robert00000
02-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by ck-uk@19 February 2004 - 14:37
your whole post mate seems to be you judging,and deciding ,over me.......since the fuck when mate,huh??    theres a few of my movies on nova,go and watch one if you want to decide if i know about encoding.And instead of "you" deciding anything,maybe you can ask someone or maybe someone else can offer any comments :)
I'm not judging or deciding, READ MY FIRST POST AGAIN. And then look at your replies.

i'm just offering my suggestions from my experience. I used the methods i've recommended on dozens of movies and they work perfectly. You're dismissing my suggestions without even trying them.

The simple advice i would give anyone is try what i've recommended and try what you recommend. Compare the quality and space the movies take and decide for yourself.

I dont like to get in to an arguement with anyone, but you when say things like i 'dont have clue', when i've been encoding movies for over 3 years using many different tools and methods, and i actually practice the method i preach, what type of response do you expect?

This topic has taken too much of my time, i have more important things to do. So lets put an end to this. have a beer on me :beerchug:

Robert00000
02-19-2004, 05:39 PM
135 views of this topic. Its better than a tv drama :lol:

mEtho
02-19-2004, 11:24 PM
it looks like 2 pros knows what they are talking! so i am gona shot my questions as well about Tempenc encoding.
the Question is

Wtf is wrong with xvid movies, it&#39;s like i never get any sound when i encode a xvid movie and if i do get a sound then the sound doesnt match with video. very complicated shit. <_<

oh yeah everything works great with DivX ;)

ck-uk
02-20-2004, 07:07 AM
Mate
1 you can goto file ,environmental settings,v-plugins ,right clk directshow then increase it to atleast the top.

2 for the out of sync you can either extract and use the audio seperate or open a 4cc changer ,open the file then change it from xvid to divx.It normally reads divx alittle bit quicker and stops the out of sync prob.

other than that al has any ideas.

Robert00000
02-20-2004, 01:23 PM
I dont want to start another argument :lol: . But sometimes you get encoding errors on the audio of the downloaded movie.

I&#39;ve discovered cucusoft does a better job skipping past these errors when tmpgenc creates the out of sync. This is rare but nevertheless its better to have cucusoft as a backup.

I would have used cucusoft as my default encoder if it wasnt so slow, nevertheless, it does its job extremely well and you dont need to change any settings.

For the movies you have already converted (without sound) extracted the audio using full processing (otherwise it may not encode properly) from the xvid and re-encode it to the desired format (mpeg/ac3) and multiplex it.

If you get sync probs you have to find out what type of problem it is by playing different sections of the movie.

Does the movie start off out of sync and stay at this level (most common) or does it gradually become out of sync to varying degree( if this happens its not usually worth the effort to resolve :D ) it means the file has too many errors.

The solution will depend on what type sync problem you have. It will take too long to explain the different methods here, and in any case you may not get any audio sync . If you do search on google for advice.

You should also check for tmpgenc updates regularly, improvements are made continually. The next version may not require any fiddling with the settings :D

Robert00000
02-20-2004, 01:25 PM
by the way CK-UK, are you from bettws in newport?

ck-uk
02-20-2004, 01:49 PM
Yeah mate,are you ?i know your from the uk :D

Robert00000
02-20-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by ck&#045;uk@20 February 2004 - 13:49
Yeah mate,are you ?i know your from the uk :D
I&#39;m not too far away from you- a couple of miles (in maindee) :D . My friend used to live on dart road in bettws. He&#39;s moved to pill now.

ck-uk
02-20-2004, 05:05 PM
Mad hey hahaha ,yeah mate i lived up summerhill avenue for a while,untill fuc in derick gibon and his bakery got to much in the early hrs.I actually live up bainswell top of stowhill,a few persy probs thou so i&#39;ve been stayin at my parents in bettws all yr.Yeah mate i know dart road well its the same road as the infants n juniors school.

Say hello to your mate,a ,maybe i see him i walk my dog over that way in the mornings .Nice one mate. :)

true_neo
02-20-2004, 05:26 PM
and nobody worries about MY problem with movies XD

Im gonna reask in here since this gets so many views:
I have a bunch o&#39; .avi&#39;s at 393 MB a piece. Tis a DVD-rip of Buffy episodes. Quality is excellent and sound kicks ass.
But together they dont fit on my DVD.

So I wonder if theres any encoding or whatnot I can use to lower the size of them (theres 12 of them) to shave off 200 MB in total?

ck-uk
02-20-2004, 05:53 PM
The only real way mate would be to reencode every one ,but unless you know what you are doing they&#39;ll come out shit quality,you&#39;ll lose abit any way .With all them it&#39;ll take ages too with out a fast pc.So you could open them in virtual dub,set the audio and video to direct stream,then cut a little bit from the end if theres credits.or and you could just re-encode the audio the a lower bitrate may cut a bit off ,i doubt it&#39;ll be much,but its better that losing quality on the video

true_neo
02-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Yeah thers like 5 mins of credits on each one. We dont needssss that, preciousss... :P

Virtual Dub eh... well I&#39;ll give it a shot.
thanks pal

Robert00000
02-20-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by ck&#045;uk@20 February 2004 - 17:05
Mad hey hahaha ,yeah mate i lived up summerhill avenue for a while,untill fuc in derick gibon and his bakery got to much in the early hrs.I actually live up bainswell top of stowhill,a few persy probs thou so i&#39;ve been stayin at my parents in bettws all yr.Yeah mate i know dart road well its the same road as the infants n juniors school.

Say hello to your mate,a ,maybe i see him i walk my dog over that way in the mornings .Nice one mate.&nbsp; :)
My brother lived on summerhill avenue about 10 years ago and my uncle used to buy bread from the bakery because it was fresh and they gave him a discount. :D

If you met my mate i don&#39;t think you would forget him :lol: , hes a mad driver so be careful if he goes back to visit the area :lol:

Sorry true_neo. I hope your prob is solved now :D

EDIT: I think the bakery has been knocked down. :lol: With house prices being what they are now in newport, and especially on summerhill avenue (with the big houses) , the guy probably got more money from selling the property.

true_neo
02-20-2004, 06:38 PM
Good your here as well XD
Cos it didnt completely solve problem...

When I skip forward in the saved movie it brings the vid seriously out of sync....
I set the Direct stream shit, even tried to export the source sound cutted to a wav and usin that in the done file, but no... :(

I also got the followin error at openin of vid:
VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBS values during processing for better compability. This may introduce up to 14716 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable (which it is :P ), decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate: 124.6 +/- 13.7 kbps)

right...... :P

muchspl2
02-20-2004, 06:46 PM
read and try this http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=93421&hl=`
most sync problems or caused by bad frames

cwctv
02-20-2004, 07:10 PM
VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBS values during processing for better compability. This may introduce up to 14716 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable (which it is ), decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate: 124.6 +/- 13.7 kbps)

If the file runs ok in say Bsplayer or Videolan forget what it says and go ahead with the cutting down,when you save the file make sure BOTH the video and audio are set to "direct stream".
Now try again in either player to see if it runs fine if it doesn&#39;t then thats when you say "right....". :lol:
It should be ok,I would also check for errors and see if all the files have the same compression for video and audio if they don&#39;t then that will make life alot harder for joining them all later on.

true_neo
02-20-2004, 07:15 PM
Well the original file play excellent in any player, and I DID have both audio and video set to direct stream.
It was with the cutted file I had sync problems when I skipped forwards... Im about to say fuckit and slap the last ep to a CD XD

cwctv
02-20-2004, 07:30 PM
Ok the direct thing is only to make saving the file quicker,does it play ok if you don&#39;t skip forward ?

ck-uk
02-20-2004, 07:40 PM
VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBS values during processing for better compability. This may introduce up to 14716 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable (which it is&nbsp; ), decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate: 124.6 +/- 13.7 kbps)

Its not an error ,its just telling you that the audio is encoded at vbr ,not cbr ,just click no not to overwrite,If you still got out of sync tri this vbub,

virtualdubmod_1_4_13_2 :)

Yeah mate the bakery moved not long after :rolleyes: It moved down stephenson street at the one end of the transporter bridge.I pop down there now and again,i have a few mates that work for them,,its quite a big place now :)

Robert00000
02-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by true_neo@20 February 2004 - 19:15
Well the original file play excellent in any player, and I DID have both audio and video set to direct stream.
It was with the cutted file I had sync problems when I skipped forwards... Im about to say fuckit and slap the last ep to a CD XD
If the sync stays the same througout the movie you can use virtualdub to offset it so its back in sync.

Go to VIDEO > SELECT RANGE. Its a matter of trial and error to get audio/video to match. Try this a few times until you get a close match.

Be right back to finish this message, i&#39;m off to get some food from the shop :lol:

EDIT: Ok i&#39;m back. And yes it was a nice meal :D .

Make sure to remove the bad frames before you offset video/audio.

To CK-UK. I lived close to summerhill avenue for years and went passed the road many times, we may have walked passed each other :lol:. Do you know anyone in victoria avenue?

true_neo
02-20-2004, 09:00 PM
thanks for all yer replies, but I couldnt be bothered so I just burned 11 of them to dvd then gonna smack the last one to a cdr.
:D

ck-uk
02-21-2004, 11:15 AM
Btw mate who or what is XD,or do you mean xvid or something?

true_neo
02-21-2004, 02:46 PM
LMAO&#33;
Its a smiley. Tilt your head to the left and you will see it looks like a face laughing hard XD

ck-uk
02-21-2004, 03:03 PM
:unsure: if you say so mate :)