PDA

View Full Version : Codec Packs Conflict With Wmp 9

bcbud
02-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Have had some real problems with Windows media player 9 on win 2000 pro
this all began after installing the k lite codec pack which is working well any suggestions are appreciated

Bud

Entity101
02-16-2004, 11:55 PM
More details would be helpful.

It difficult to solve a problem if we don't know the problem :P

Cyril
02-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Don't use WMP. Use Videolan.

anti00Zero
02-17-2004, 02:41 PM
i'd remove wmp 9 from my hdisk.

no problem.
media player classic rulez

RauL
02-19-2004, 12:48 AM
YALFOUCBYA

Yet Another Load Full Of Useless Comments By You All

my suggestion is to try getting back with a restore point (that on xp)

the other thing is to always unistall evry codec b4 installing a new release

pelle
02-19-2004, 05:42 AM
Silly me have listening to all of you and followed your advises, can't even restore my comp now, and I have no player that works.
Now I can't watch Teletubbies before I go to sleep :angry:

the mask
02-19-2004, 06:25 AM
dear pelle, im the one who had the problem with wmp 9, i had the error message saying wm828026, and you posted in my thread saying if i find the cure, to email you and you posted your email address, remember? well i uninstalled my k-lite mega codec pack and everything started working again :D :D yippy
also, you were correct on acting upon these peoples advice, they will resolve the problem for you eventually but you just need to be more precise in your explanation :P have a look at that thread again on the previous page

pelle
02-19-2004, 08:40 AM
Dear Mask, Yes You are right, it was you that had the problem with WMP9, I just had a similar problem with mine WMP9 and I thought I could learn something from threads posted with similar problem B) .
Well, I have learned something, we all have different preferences and there are not 1 answer to all problem.
I did just the oposite as you did. I re-installed K-lite Codec pack 2.04, I think it is, and be surprised now. IT WORKS AGAIN :D :D

and I think I was kind of precised in my desciption, I even mentioned the error message in my correspondence :ph34r:
Anyhow now it works and I can watch teletubbies again :D

Pelle