PDA

View Full Version : Sharing / Upload Required

Snowboarder
03-05-2003, 10:18 PM
Kazaa Lite should defintelay in coperate the Privcay Block on ALL further versions of kLite and DISABLE the Not Share checkbox. Although I think it should be perfected b/c kLite is NOT responsible if they do find out... but still they are a lil responsible. I dunno OverNet uses this thing were watever your upload speed is... is your download speed. (You are not SLOWED for slow UPLoaders, still fast d/ls) What do you think?

Snow

kAb
03-05-2003, 10:52 PM
first, slow down. i had to read your paragraph twice before i understood it.

it would be a good idea.. i don't have a problem with it but make maximum uploads possible, so if you need to conserve bandwith for going online you can set it to like a couple uploads maximum for the time.

i don't know what overnet is..

but then people wouldn't disconnect you when they think you're not sharing files because of the privacy block... so yeah it is a pretty good idea...

i'm sure there is a reason to keep i though.. :mellow:

Wolfmight
03-06-2003, 01:33 AM
they should make it share even though it looks like it's not.. Dont show whos downloadin your stuff.. and yes when people check that No Shareing box, it does nothing but make it look like u not sharein.. :D

Acecool
03-06-2003, 09:35 AM
How about auto cancel people that arent sharing........

I do want to know whose downloading from me because they could be a lamer on a fast connection and sharing 0 files

Rat Faced
03-06-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Acecool@6 March 2003 - 09:35
How about auto cancel people that arent sharing........

I do want to know whose downloading from me because they could be a lamer on a fast connection and sharing 0 files
Unfortunatly there is no way of garanteeing that they are not sharing.

If they have no upload slots available, because they are shareing...the search results will come back just as often 'Not sharing any files' as it does with a list.

Best not to let it eat you up...i have better things to do than make sure everyone downloading off me is sharing.

Wizzandabe
03-06-2003, 08:55 PM
jsut get the new k lite and it got it built in.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-07-2003, 12:50 AM
If you take out the "Disable Sharing" option, leechers will just move the files out to a new folder and not share that one. Don't worry about leechers either, its just another thing to stress you out.

Overnet... never got it to work for me ;)

The Great Dude
03-07-2003, 12:56 AM
They can activate it from the registry too.

Switeck
03-07-2003, 01:06 AM
My minor beef now that Kazaa Lite++ is becomming more popular is people can get it, not share, and STILL have a Participation Level of 1,000!

If when not sharing your PL dropped to 0 or even 100, it wouldn't bother me as much...

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-07-2003, 01:09 AM
Think about it:
If there was a way to stop leechers, there would be a way to stop sharers. And if there was a way to stop sharers, then that would stop leechers. :lol: :rolleyes:

Blue_Seraphim
03-07-2003, 11:19 AM
Go's around comes around . Just keep Yours at UL bandwith at unlimited like I do . The more the better . You cant control what all these kids do. So why worry about it.

Klona69
03-07-2003, 01:41 PM
!Great Idea! (i think)
Set Your Username as Privacy_Patch_In_Use@kazaa
if the person you was DLing off had a ounce of sence would realise not to block you.
yey did i do good? :) B)

Switeck
03-07-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Blue_Seraphim@7 March 2003 - 06:19
Go's around comes around . Just keep Yours at UL bandwith at unlimited like I do . The more the better . You cant control what all these kids do. So why worry about it.
No, it is BETTER to have upload bandwidth set to ~8-50kilobits/sec LESS than max for your connection -- otherwise your downloads will suffer (IMMENSELY on dial-up and ADSL) and even uploads will have lots of dropped packets and resends.

It may seem odd, but telling Kazaa to go fast but not TOO fast is faster than trying to tell it to go at 'unlimited' speed.

After all, you don't have an unlimited connection. :D

Blue_Seraphim
03-12-2003, 07:32 AM
Thx for the tip. Ive tried it , ijust set it on the setting below unlimited and have noticed that i am uploading faster more often than b4.

nocnitsa
03-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Klona69@7 March 2003 - 14:41
!Great Idea! (i think)
Set Your Username as Privacy_Patch_In_Use@kazaa
if the person you was DLing off had a ounce of sence would realise not to block you.
yey did i do good? :) B)
Hey, good idea! Better than my "IswearI'msharing!" idea!

MischiefMaker
03-18-2003, 05:27 PM
I really don't want to be a leech...

However, I cant share at the minute...i've downloaded and re-installed k-lite twice and still no joy, despite checking I have files in my folder the message still tells me i'm not sharing :angry:

I've got 9000+ files I want to share, and yet if I download and someone checks, it looks like i'm a leecher.

I'm not worried bout the name calling etc - tis because I believe the whole philosophy behind file sharing and want to be part of it.

Anyone else having the same problem? Is there a cure? I'm convinced it must be a bug in the prog...but then I cant believe everyone else is not having the problem :huh:

(And yes file sharing is enabled :P )