PDA

View Full Version : Files ?

icantwin
02-18-2004, 01:39 AM
hi in my shared folder on kazaa i only have like 9 files, but in the corner of my screen in says that i am sharing 73 i dont know what else i am sharing the only folder i am sharing is my shared folder
CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE

oldjagman
02-18-2004, 01:55 AM
Check the "My Kazaa" button (or "My something or other" depending on the client you are using).

It's next to "web" and shows what you are sharing.

"My shared folder" is just the default for your downloads unless you have made other specific choices (whoops - another tautology slipped through!)

MUSLEMAN
02-18-2004, 03:08 AM
if your shared folder is the only thing you are sharing you got a virus

oldjagman
02-18-2004, 08:05 AM
Another simple thought from a simple mind - go to windows explorer>tools>folder options - click the "view" tab and select "show hidden files and folders". This could reveal more files.

MUSLEMAN
02-18-2004, 08:16 AM
yes but he says he only is sharing 9 files in the shared folder but the klite is saying he is sharing 73 files, now thats not hidden files

Switeck
02-18-2004, 05:28 PM
It is probably a virus or trojan.

Does your uploads show 'strange files' that you don't remember downloading?
If so, it's DEFINITELY a virus/trojan!

In either case, Ad Aware and/or SpyBot can kill many trojans and good up-to-date antivirus software can get the rest.

the mask
02-18-2004, 06:33 PM
some things are downloaded in seperate parts, so kazaa thinks each individual part is a file. when i download movies sometimes that can be upto 60 indivual parts and then i extrat them to make one watchable file. but when they are in parts the number is high. i have had 'sharing 443 files' when i have only about ten things in my folder

MUSLEMAN
02-18-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by the mask@18 February 2004 - 14:33
some things are downloaded in seperate parts, so kazaa thinks each individual part is a file. when i download movies sometimes that can be upto 60 indivual parts and then i extrat them to make one watchable file. but when they are in parts the number is high. i have had 'sharing 443 files' when i have only about ten things in my folder
no boss then you got a problem, klite does downlaod in chuncks but its all in one dat file.

and to watch that file you don't need to extract anything, you just put it in videolan as one dat file

the mask
02-18-2004, 11:01 PM
cool musleman, typical of me putting my foot in it again!! :frusty:
but just to add i use one folder for all my downloads from BT,overnet and kazaa

MUSLEMAN
02-18-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by the mask@18 February 2004 - 19:01
that should be fine

icantwin
02-19-2004, 06:31 AM
virus? should i just delete k lite will that help any i didnt notice any weird uploads i just turned off my sharing do u think that will help oh and is SPYBOT better than ADAWARE and if so where can i get it from

im sorry for not answering i forgot but now ill check up on this topic alot so guys help me out

MUSLEMAN
02-19-2004, 06:53 AM
no deleting klite is not the answer nor will it help, get an upto date av or if you go to my website at klitetools.com, just hit the klitetools under my sig, you can use and online scanner then after cleaning your pc, use adaware also

icantwin
02-19-2004, 08:46 AM
i scanned my comp with ure scanner on ure site and there was no viruses
so what now or am i alright now

MUSLEMAN
02-19-2004, 08:33 PM
run adaware

icantwin
02-20-2004, 03:45 AM
i just did that and still nothing, am i ok, about the virus thing. if so whats the explaination of all the files that im sharin

MUSLEMAN
02-20-2004, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by icantwin@19 February 2004 - 23:45
i just did that and still nothing, am i ok, about the virus thing. if so whats the explaination of all the files that im sharin
Then you are sharing folders you are not aware of

go to options>find media to share>folder list and see what folders you are sharing. if thats not it there is only one more thing i can think of

icantwin
02-20-2004, 06:29 AM
wats the other thing muscle because i checked and there are no other folders shred other than my shared folder

MUSLEMAN
02-20-2004, 06:35 AM
lol well personally i think you are missing a virus, but the only other long shot i can think of is your db folder.

you need to enable the view of hidden files then go and delete the db folder when klite is closed and see if it resets

one question tho, is your shared folder the default shared holder at c:drive>my shared folder or have you picked a different place for it??

Switeck
02-24-2004, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by the mask@18 February 2004 - 18:01
How cruel!

You're sharing unfinished BitTorrent downloads on Kazaa.
These files will APPEAR to be the right length, but contain random garbage till the download finishes.