PDA

View Full Version : Has The Board Always Been Like This?

Aaron_T
02-18-2004, 10:25 PM
im just wondering with the amount of hatred on the board these days

has this ever happened before, does it happen often?

or is this the first time many members have threatened to leave?

MODS have been flamed and also ADMINS did this use to happen often?

or was it when i came :lol: :lol: :lol:

there are 138 members logged in at the moment so it doesnt look to be dyeing?

wtf is happening :(

*Azzz is confused* :(

Rat Faced
02-18-2004, 10:27 PM
It happens in waves...

1st i remember was after the TRX attempted takeover....a lot of nervous and angry posters then...

Aaron_T
02-18-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@18 February 2004 - 21:27
It happens in waves...

1st i remember was after the TRX attempted takeover....a lot of nervous and angry posters then...
TRX? :blink:

expalin more what's that?

Skweeky
02-18-2004, 10:33 PM
n00b <_< :lol:

RF is rightm it comes and goes.

TRX was the very first host of the forum, they tried to take over the board :angry:

Agrajag
02-18-2004, 10:37 PM
I am told it used to be a bit fatter

DanB
02-19-2004, 12:15 AM
Less grey hairs :rolleyes:

jetje
02-19-2004, 01:29 AM
@ Azz
1st RF is right it comes and goes... :lol:

It&#39;s a big board. So sometimes you might get that impression, but those "fights" are just a very small % from all posted on this forum. Also it mainly happens in the lounge. It&#39;s just that a lot of people read and reply in those threads, so that it may look like that, sometimes. Also a post like this, helps make it to look that way too, as, reading between the lines that you wrote, you actually say in the topic title that the atmosphere isn&#39;t good. :P See it the same way as that "If you keep hearing that you&#39;re a loser you could start believing that".

imo one of the problems causing this is the fact that there are some people with different agenda&#39;s, as this board and most members have. They wanna try (or think they can) benefit from arguing and hatred threads in here. In many ways, but most of them do it to help (grow?) their own forums. So they encourage this kind of threads, they try to drive people away from here in the hope they sign up on their forums ;) (I really have some pm&#39;s where people indicate to that. But as PM stands for Private, i can&#39;t show them ;) ) You will probally know some of the "This place is censored, come sign up at my forum, there you can debate about everything" kinda posts ;) Then you know what i mean... :)

And ofcourse there are always people that do it just for the fun, they like to provoke and don&#39;t care about the forum or any of the other members. And if something worked once they use it again, to provoke... ;) And being as big as this forum is you&#39;ll always will have some of those...
Well if that makes them happy, so be it. We mods just try to keep things limitted and deal with it in the nicest way possible. Which ofcourse will be attacked by some... because of...

In the early days the board was a lot more loose less arguing, but then again the board was a lot smaller and people knew all the members... ;)
Ooh and even then we sometimes had people spamming all over the forum...
:)

bigboab
02-19-2004, 01:32 AM
If these things &#39;happen in waves&#39; you would have thought that would have suited Jonno, him being a surfer. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sita
02-19-2004, 01:41 AM
People should calm down. :angry:

Money Fist
02-19-2004, 01:43 AM
Also it mainly happens in the lounge
nothing like picking up a bottle and smashin it in the lounge

lounge = riot room

Marius24
02-19-2004, 01:48 AM
i only go to the lounge when im bored, which can sometimes get me angry. The lounge is a place to take out frustration ( which i have little of :P ). Maybe some people are like me and only go in when they are bored or angry ;)

seiya_33
02-19-2004, 01:51 AM
i just like to spam , i really havent argued with any of the members.

scribblec
02-19-2004, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Azzz@18 February 2004 - 22:25
im just wondering with the amount of hatred on the board these days

has this ever happened before, does it happen often?

or is this the first time many members have threatened to leave?

MODS have been flamed and also ADMINS did this use to happen often?

or was it when i came :lol: :lol: :lol:

there are 138 members logged in at the moment so it doesnt look to be dyeing?

wtf is happening :(

*Azzz is confused* :(
u dont like me :&#39;(

bujub22
02-19-2004, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Sita@18 February 2004 - 21:41
People should calm down. :angry:
agree -take a chill pill

DivineBeingX
02-19-2004, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by bujub22+19 February 2004 - 02:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bujub22 @ 19 February 2004 - 02:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sita@18 February 2004 - 21:41
People should calm down.&nbsp; :angry:
agree -take a chill pill [/b][/quote]
can i have one ?