PDA

View Full Version : A Channel Just Go Out On Irc ?

kazaaman
02-19-2004, 01:11 AM
Um this is the problem....

I was in on the IRC server
------------------------------
irc.umhinc.net
and now it says
* Unable to resolve server
-
* Cancelled connect
it will never connect any more???

I checked on ircspy because the file i was downloading wasnt done and i cant resume it because the bot i was downloading from isnt on anymore?? Dont think so...

If you get banned in a channel will you get banned from the server too???

And if you get banned from a channel does it show in IRCSPY that the bot is offline??

Just wondering cause if i got banned i am fucked..........

downloadgeek
02-19-2004, 01:53 AM
I highly doubt that you were banned, i am sure that it is just a server problem. The server could be down. If you were banned it would say that you are banned.

kazaaman
02-19-2004, 01:57 AM
O ok i c so it probably wasnt that i was banned

Thank you

CHEERS

Mercy
02-19-2004, 03:28 AM
are u using a diff port than 6667?
sometimes it gives this msg if ur using a diff port than that
try connecting on this port or try other popular ports (6666 , 6667 ... 7000)
/server rc.umhinc.net:6667

accat13
02-19-2004, 06:33 AM
don't know if this will help with that particular net but try this link.. listing of irc networks (http://irc.netsplit.de/networks/listings.var) ...select a network then click on the days link it will give you a list of servers and tell you if they are active...take the ip address and add it to your server list (don't connect on more than one at a time in the same channel you will get banned for cloning)

kazaaman
02-19-2004, 08:44 PM
Um i have 574 of a game i was downloading.....

And when the server went out does that mean i cant download that same file until it finishes??

Its a game and its a little past halfway.......

If I have to re download it again......... :angry:

accat13
02-20-2004, 01:58 AM
Don't know if this will help but u can try ..make a copy of your original incomplete file safe it somewhere safe...use winrar to see how much of the download u have complete(remember which rar is the last one that u have )..try and resume off a different bot somewhere else (if u get lucky it will resume)...most times this causes corruption but if u download the last rar from the original file from incomplete and replace it you may get lucky and it will work..it has for me in the past..good luck

kazaaman
02-20-2004, 08:31 PM
Um it doesnt say the last .rar file all it says is like auto run.. setup and crap..

How u find out the last rar file it needs to download?

accat13
02-21-2004, 01:22 AM
"kazaaman Posted on 20 February 2004 - 15:31
Um it doesnt say the last .rar file all it says is like auto run.. setup and crap.."
Sounds like your file is a bin or iso and not a tar or rar ..the method i suggested won't work.. hate to say it but unless you find the original bot your f**ked..You could try and google the channel name sometimes you can find info this way or you could look for the channel here (http://www2.irchelp.org/irchelp/chanlist/) good luck