PDA

View Full Version : Help Me ! :)

Gemby!
02-19-2004, 01:49 PM
helllo all

i am wondering once again about a piece of work im doing in english <_<

im going to be doing a piece of writing based on a topic of my choice

which is gonna be a article from a newspaper - but i dunno what to chat about ?&#33;?&#33;

help me &#33;

*if that makes no sense then you will understand how bad i am at english &#33;*

Cheese
02-19-2004, 01:51 PM
Just get a really old paper and copy the article in there, make sure to put in some spelling mistakes and mix up the grammer a bit and hey presto: instant English homework :lol:

Gemby!
02-19-2004, 01:57 PM
but i want it to be interesting &#33;&#33;&#33;

oh and the topic can be something completely made up liiikkkke zombies taking over the world - but more realistic :P like blair admits he is gay :)

Skweeky
02-19-2004, 01:58 PM
:lol: :lol:

I used to do that too

*ahem, tries to act as a responsible adult now*

Don&#39;t do that gemby&#33; You&#39;re in school to learn

:lol: :lol:

Gemby!
02-19-2004, 02:06 PM
we recycle anyway :)

bigboab
02-19-2004, 02:10 PM
Try something like this &#39;ban smoking&#39; craze Gemby. Find and include some paper articles on the subject. The change the subject completely to get the readers attention.

Ask then why they do not concentrate instead on car fumes and the damage that this causes. There was an article in yesterdays papers about the huge increase in the incidence of Asthma in young childen.

When I was young asthma was pretty rare and only happened genetically missing a generation. Today they miss out the fact that Carbon Monoxide &#39;MIMICS&#39; the symptoms of Asthma and the difference is hard to detect.

Why dont they abolish they distribution of this gas all through our cities and countryside. Walk along any country lane and look at the flower and hedgerows poisoned by this gas. This was not the case when I was younger. WHY&#33; because big money and politics are involved. They knew about the lung cancer connection with smoking in the 1940&#39;s and did nothing about it. Because then the tobacco industry was big money and a source of tax. Today that source of tax is petrol and car insurance, tax etc.

Just a wee :lol: note to maybe give you some ideas. :)

Gemby!
02-19-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@19 February 2004 - 14:10
Try something like this &#39;ban smoking&#39; craze Gemby. Find and include some paper articles on the subject. The change the subject completely to get the readers attention.

Ask then why they do not concentrate instead on car fumes and the damage that this causes. There was an article in yesterdays papers about the huge increase in the incidence of Asthma in young childen.

When I was young asthma was pretty rare and only happened genetically missing a generation. Today they miss out the fact that Carbon Monoxide &#39;MIMICS&#39; the symptoms of Asthma and the difference is hard to detect.

Why dont they abolish they distribution of this gas all through our cities and countryside. Walk along any country lane and look at the flower and hedgerows poisoned by this gas. This was not the case when I was younger. WHY&#33; because big money and politics are involved. They knew about the lung cancer connection with smoking in the 1940&#39;s and did nothing about it. Because then the tobacco industry was big money and a source of tax. Today that source of tax is petrol and car insurance, tax etc.

Just a wee :lol: note to maybe give you some ideas. :)
dear god &#33; i think you just saved my life &#33; :lol:

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

now i gotta write the paper before scribblec gets his mits on it :P

bigboab
02-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Do you want me to edit it out Gemby. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gemby!
02-19-2004, 02:27 PM
you can do the work for me :P

RGX
02-19-2004, 02:48 PM
I read that athsma is caused by our overly hygenic society. Children are developing it because they are not exposed to the germs they used to be, and are not developing a resistance to dust etc...