PDA

View Full Version : The Passion Of The Christ

lodown80
02-20-2004, 05:16 AM
How do you think this movie is gonna do? What about all that about it being anti-semitic? Well i think since everybody making it be so controversial its gonna bring more viewers.

icantwin
02-20-2004, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by lodown80@20 February 2004 - 05:16
Well i think since everybody making it be so controversial its gonna bring more viewers.
i totally agree with you

MUSLEMAN
02-20-2004, 05:28 AM
yes it will do good, but i don't think its anti-semitic, just remember at that time most people where of the jewish faith, so obvioustly he got killed by the people of jewish faith. if he was around in the time of islam then most likely he would have gotten killed by muslems. you see what i mean. :lol:

lodown80
02-20-2004, 05:46 AM
i agree with you man i dont think its anti-semitic cause that how it really happend and your right man looks like a good cant wait to see it

lodown80
02-20-2004, 05:47 AM
looks like a good movie*

Keikan
02-20-2004, 06:17 AM
I wanna see it

vegasguy
02-20-2004, 07:03 AM
Hi,

I am not religious but I will go see this movie because of all the hype it recieved,

IT will do very well in the theatres, I predict that it will be in the 50-70million range. on opening weekend

Adster
02-20-2004, 07:19 AM
Mel Gibson at first didn't want any sub titles just wanted it to flow and make the audience try to understand what there saying

the whole movie is sub titled however

Ive heard it will be the most graphical violence there has ever been

but for me nope don't wanna see it too predictable I mean we know whats gonna happen Jesus gets brutal murdered on a cross

The Reverand
02-20-2004, 07:57 AM
It looks like a damn good film, anti-semitic or not, I can understand people getting pissed off though. It's bound to do big bucks though.

mr. nails
02-20-2004, 08:21 AM
gonna watch it just to give mel props!!! ;)

Haz
02-20-2004, 10:38 AM
I was getting pissed with all that anti-semitic crap, Like Mel said, he saw Schindlers List it didn't make him wanna go out and butcher a bunch of Germans, I saw Pearl Harbor and I didn't suddenly hate the Japanese, and nobody said anything about those 2 films being anti-semetic, why are they singling out this movie? :huh:

Ninja Monkey
02-20-2004, 04:04 PM
I do believe the Jews did crucify Jesus and claimed full responsibility upon them and their children. But I also believe modern Jews speak truthfully when they say, "We did not crucify Christ." This becomes apparent if you know your history. Specifically the events surrounding A.D. 70, when the Romans destroyed Jerusalem. Many of the Jews by then had killed each other off while they were surrounded. The rest of them were either destroyed by Titus’ troops or taken into captivity, and the records they needed to prove their heritage were lost forever. After that, they had - for lack of a less offensive word - cross-bred with the nations which had taken them prisoner and the bloodline was forever broken. The Jews today range from white to black to middle eastern, etc, and there is no way they can prove they’re jewish in the first place. For all we know, Mel Gibson could have more jewish blood than, say, Mel Brooks. So Jews are basically getting pissed off at nothing (and so are Anti-Semites for that matter).

Tetsujn
02-21-2004, 06:31 AM
well for one, haz, religion is a touchy subject which many people aren't comfortable discussing. i dont see why. i myself do not beleive in god or any of that stuff but i dont mind talking about it and hearing others oppinions as long as they dont force em on me. open-minded discussion can be very enlightening. anyways the movie is no doubt contrevercial but for good reasons.

Randomblonde
02-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Adster..... knowing the outcome didn't stop Pearl Harbour, Titanic and Troy from happening.....

justin89
02-21-2004, 06:11 PM
they said he edited a couple scenes out, which made it look like total blame on the jews for his death.

BigBank_Hank
02-21-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by justin89@21 February 2004 - 13:11
they said he edited a couple scenes out, which made it look like total blame on the jews for his death.
That's a good point. He said that he didn't care what his critics or anyone thought of the film, but he went back and meditated some of the lines. If he didn't care what anyone thought about it he wouldn't have caved from all the pressure and left it as it was. That is the only thing that bothers me about this film, he didn't stick to his guns.

Anytime someone wants to make a religious film someone is going to get pissed of. It is impossible to make a religious film that everyone can agree on.

- Nightmare -
02-21-2004, 09:36 PM
I think that the movie is going to do great.

I haven't heard anything about Mel Gibson editing out any material? Where was this said?

BigBank_Hank
02-21-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by - Nightmare -@21 February 2004 - 16:36
I haven't heard anything about Mel Gibson editing out any material? Where was this said?
He said that himself during his interview with Diane Sawyer on Monday night.

100%
02-22-2004, 11:09 PM
Mel Gibson is the last person i could imagine making something intellectually controversial
i guess im right
he probably didnt write it

although John Travolta should have made this one
cause hes in the scientology family- battlefield earth opened my mind... :blink:

Randomblonde
02-23-2004, 06:51 AM
justin89? Whos that in your avatar? It looks like dave wyndorf......is it? is it?

the mask
02-24-2004, 01:55 PM
anyone know where to get this movie, i have tried twice from overnet but it has turned out to be something else