PDA

View Full Version : Best Live Concert You've Seen?

N£MO
03-06-2003, 08:18 AM
So then music lovers everywhere,whats the best band/artist you have seen live?

I have only seen U2,Oasis and Travis and out of the 3 i'd have to say Oasis were the best live...gr8 atmosphere and wicked music!! :beerchug: and yes loads of beer too!!

Icebound
03-06-2003, 08:25 AM
Flaw - but only because i got to chill and smoke pot with them for 3 hours after a show at a small club in Louisiana.

NIN - but only because i had never eaten that much ecstacy at one time before. b4 that show i hated NIN, now i love 'em - go figure

Ultimately, it would have to be my own band. after each sold-out performance (band practice) we are on top of the world, celebrities known in all parts of the world (our small Ark. town).

puremindmatters
03-06-2003, 01:58 PM
Best band would be Rush (fantastic musicians)
Best atmosphere would have been Herman Brood (at a small venue)...
Best show I've ever seen was a 20 years on stage anniversary of YES...

The most impressive professional musician would be Michael Schenker (at the time UFO), who supported his brother's band Scorpions - he was so wasted that we had to carry him to the stage, and he still managed to play lead guitar without a single mistake.

Benno
03-06-2003, 02:23 PM
This would be Blind Guardian in Austria.

dwightfry
03-06-2003, 02:27 PM
Best concert - Aerosmith

the worst concert - The Rolling Stones (But I have heard good things about their most recent tour)

best atmosphere - 38 special. It was an outside concert with my fiance. It was nice to be able to sit way in the back, sit back and enjoy the music.

dingoBaby
03-06-2003, 04:49 PM
The Black Crowes during the Southern Harmony tour. Amazing. :D

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
03-06-2003, 04:54 PM
:D Older Thread On This Topic (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=16138&hl=slayer) :D

insanebassman
03-06-2003, 05:01 PM
Here in Phoenix, went to the Col. Les Claypool's Flying Frog Brigade show and MIRV opened

Both kicked Serious ass...

Curley
03-06-2003, 07:02 PM
Has to be Bon Jovi, One Wild Night tour. Only thing to complain about is I wasn't near enough :(

J'Pol
03-06-2003, 07:05 PM
Big Eye

I have posted soemthing elsewhere, it mentions a thread like this. I wasn't being sarcastic or anything. I just hadn't read this one yet. just thought I'd let you know.

mobboss01
03-07-2003, 02:30 AM
I've been to a few goodies...

Dave Matthews Band played in Raleigh, NC. Went there while in College. Was great on the lawn, drinkin and chillin.

I've seen Live twice, one of those times, they opened for Jane's Addiction at the Garden. Totally cool.

Seperately, I've seen Santana, The Counting Crows, Poison, Lynard Skynard, Aerosmith, Fuel, Nelly, and such at Jones Beach. Great times had by all.

As for Rap: I went to the World Tour in Hartford, CT. In the same night was Busta Rymes, Puff Daddy and the Junior Mafia, Foxy Brown, Lil Kim both in bra and panties, Mase, and more. What a night there.

In Poughkeepsie, NY was Method Man, Redman, Onyx in one night for "The Show" movie concert tour. Very cool.

I would say those were the tops.

garretrevels
03-07-2003, 02:32 AM
the Revend Horton Heat..........period.

Schmiggy_JK23
03-07-2003, 06:44 AM
Up In Smoke Tour... Detroit, Joe Louis Arena.

Eminem, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Warren G, Xzhibit, george p funk clinton, NWA, (mc ren was there too).

Awesome show... Best show I have ever seen.

PersianBulldog
03-07-2003, 12:18 PM
I'm pretty sure that is Slipknot here in Sweden.. :rolleyes:

i8gtmf
03-07-2003, 01:09 PM
Donnington Monsters of rock all of em mid to late eighties(sorry showing my age) :o cant beat being hit repeated with plastic bottles full of piss 85,000+ people 4 toilets makes sense.Also saw Queen,Whitesnake,MSG,Def Leppard,Bon Jovi,Dio,Warlock,Saxon,Steve Vai and guitar god Joe Satriani.Never seen a duff gig or perhaps was to drunk to remember.

dingoBaby
03-07-2003, 02:39 PM
I know I already posted to this topic once but it got me thinking...

A few more of my favorites: Lollapalozza 98 (Soundgardern and Metallic headlined), Dave Matthews and Tim Renolds acoustic, Bela Fleck several times, James Brown, Govt Mule at the Gathering of the Vibes, and U2 on the Zoo TV tour.

==(-{{crusty~butt}}-)==
03-08-2003, 09:00 PM
best concert: well it happened to be the first concert I ever went to....Metallica opening up for Ozzy!! it was great! B)

since then, I've seen far to many concerts to recall of the groups that I've seen ;)

...so here is a few...pantera, motley crue, ac/dc, def leppard, Kiss, white snake, queens ryche (if that's how you spell it), testament, slayer, santana, rolling stones, various raggea festivals, grateful dead, rush, van halen (with David Lee), ottmar liebert, iron maiden, guns and roses, pink floyd, dio, etc, etc, etc...... :D

Jibbler
03-09-2003, 02:32 AM
AC/DC in Madison Square Garden. Truly incredible.--

Jibbler

jobes
03-09-2003, 05:02 AM
One advantage of being a little older. I have seen Jimi Hendrix, Janice Joplin, and the Doors. I even saw Grand Funk Railroad when they were a backup band for someone else in concert. I believe it was the Moody Blues.

4play
03-09-2003, 10:49 AM
the best concert i have ever been to was the red hot chili peppers.

I only went last night and they rocked. :devil:

Licorne
03-10-2003, 06:30 PM
The best concerts I've been to: Saxon, Iron Maiden and Anathema.

ShareDaddy
03-10-2003, 07:13 PM
RUSH - Moving Pictures tour back in the 80's was fantastic, even better than the bands muci, the whole thing was excellent as a whole, laser light show and special effects.

My little brother made me take him to a KISS concert at Tiger Stadium in the 90's, back when they first put thier make-up back on, that was something, never been to a concert at an outdoor baseball stadium, it rocked. I never was a huge fan of KISS, however they did put on a hell of a show.

I went to a Night Ranger concert at Pine Knob back in the 80's, Sister Christian was one of the hits they had back then. It was cool but I would have to say RUSH put on the best show by far.

N£MO
03-11-2003, 09:30 AM
I'm very confident of seeing my best concert in about 4 months time as i'm going to Glastonbury :) ...and cant wait to see who is finally confirmed bound to be wicked :D

summerlinda
03-11-2003, 06:24 PM
Rammstein, Heineken Music Hall 2002, NL, really great pyrotechnics (and ofcourse great music)
@PMM, are you Dutch? :huh:

accat13
03-11-2003, 06:43 PM
ShareDaddy Posted on 10 March 2003 - 14:13
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RUSH - Moving Pictures tour back in the 80's was fantastic, even better than the bands muci, the whole thing was excellent as a whole, laser light show and special effects.

My little brother made me take him to a KISS concert at Tiger Stadium in the 90's, back when they first put thier make-up back on, that was something, never been to a concert at an outdoor baseball stadium, it rocked. I never was a huge fan of KISS, however they did put on a hell of a show.

I went to a Night Ranger concert at Pine Knob back in the 80's, Sister Christian was one of the hits they had back then. It was cool but I would have to say RUSH put on the best show by far.  yes ShareDaddy moving pictures was a great tour.I really remember a New Years eve concert at maple leaf gardens with Triumph really rocked in the 80's. Also ac/dc back in black tour was great

Afronaut
03-11-2003, 07:47 PM
I saw Brian Setzer Orch. in Pori-Jazz festival some years back, blew me away. Then again i remember Dream Theater at Oslo, they kicked my ass big time. I dont get to see much Live-music, its too expensive to travel and such. Thats the backside of living in the middle of nowhere.

alan36uk
03-11-2003, 09:07 PM
GUNS N ROSES
Live at Milton Keynes Bowl (uk)
Bloody brilliant !!!

zolaisugly
03-11-2003, 11:44 PM
best live act U2 milton keynes bowl there set screwed up after an hour ie tape machine blew up edge could not a note real funny...

best gig sister of mercy nottingham rock city fast and furious and very sweaty

1st gig and most memorable is the cult love tour......

Blue_Seraphim
03-12-2003, 05:50 AM
Pink floyd Division bell tour '95 mesmerizing light show Bobby Dod stadium Ga. tech. Atlanta .

SuperJude™
03-12-2003, 07:29 AM
Simple:

Woodstock '94, quite unlike the complete crap that '99 was.

'94 was like 400,000 people all partying together in the rain with some great music, it was awesome. All the little plans they had in place fell through and yet it was a really great crowd of people.

-SJ™

MorbidHamster
03-13-2003, 01:33 AM
Damn thats a hard one, been to sooo many through the years.

A few that pop into my mind.

Pantera @ Brixton Academy: Was so wasted and got to shake their hands as they got off the tour bus, damn what a good night (from what i remember)

One Minute Silence @ Cambridge Junction: Wow, another amazing gig, Was stage Diving all night and even got to share the mic with Lead Singer and sing along. Woo what a night.

Fear Factory @ Brixton: this one was on Halloween, the whole place had a very different atmosphere to usual in brixton once again wasted and they covered Cars with Gary Numan on Vocals to, was a great night.

Black Sabbath: Man what can i say :) BLACK SABBATH. Says it all.

Napalm death @ cambridge, felt the youngest one their @ 21, everyone was going bald, but was a good show and Fookin mental.

Slayer: Says it all once again :)

Bands i wouldve love to seen would be pink floyd, grateful dead, the who along with many 60s 70s bands, like jefferson airplane, creedence clear water revival etc.

So many more bands that i could say about that ive seen but it would fill this forum, roll on the next gig i say :beerchug: :teehee: :w00t: :devil:

holden_caulfield
03-13-2003, 09:57 AM
it either be:

Pearl Jam at Wembley Arena

or Monsters Of Rock 95 at Castle Donington with Metallica headlining

googledancer
03-13-2003, 06:19 PM
got to be .
rage against the machine,radio head ,moonflowers,happy mondays, van morrison, beck
all at glastonbury cant remember the years cos they have all melted into one. :)

sojoko
03-14-2003, 11:06 PM
Hundreds,too many to mention but among the highlights:-

Hamsters - anywhere

Steve Gibbons Band - Mr Smiths, Bournemouth

Bowie - wembley 95 or 6 nights at Wembley 1975ish?)

Pistols

Zeppelin
Both the above at Nottingham Boat Club

Floyd - loads of places

:)

Suicyco247
03-15-2003, 12:53 AM
Saw Pink Floyd in Columbus and the 'Dead a few times but they're more like life altering experiences than concerts, Pantera's first tour was a blast, opening act for Wrathchild America of all acts, went back every tour since(10-11 times maybe) and has never compared. Also saw Coal Chamber in Cincy once when they were all shroomin' and couldn't finish the show. Mike(think thats his name) kept falling off the stage, although they only played about 3 songs it was really funny to see such a thing. :lol:

DiogenesUK
03-15-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by N£MO@11 March 2003 - 10:30
I'm very confident of seeing my best concert in about 4 months time as i'm going to Glastonbury :) ...and cant wait to see who is finally confirmed bound to be wicked :D
Radiohead,REM & P.J.Harvey are the only acts confirmed at the moment,but rest assured,Glasto never disappoints,but if you haven't been before,don't forget to look out for folks appearing on smaller stages.
Last year was a good one,Robert Plant on one of the small stages doing Zeppelin stuff,and Chris Cunningham (Aphex Twin) in the glade late one night.
You'll never be the same,ever again,I promise you. B)

DiogenesUK
03-15-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by sojoko@15 March 2003 - 00:06
Hundreds,too many to mention but among the highlights:-

Hamsters - anywhere

Steve Gibbons Band - Mr Smiths, Bournemouth

Bowie -  wembley 95 or 6 nights at Wembley 1975ish?)

Pistols

Zeppelin
Both the above at Nottingham Boat Club

Floyd - loads of places

:)
Blimey Sojoko,sounds like you were going to the Boat at the same time as me (1971-74 mainly),we used to go every Saturday night in those days.Zep played the Brit next door,and there were about twice as many people listening outside as there were inside,the place only held 2 or 3 hundred...lol

Schmiggy_JK23
03-15-2003, 09:04 AM
Just so u guys dont think im just some rap loving young noob, (im 24 btw), I have seen def leppard, bon jovi, poison, ratt, warrant, acdc, slipknot, everclear, POD, system of a down, Wallflowers, and tons more.

Oh... and I have a Def Leppared Tour shirt autographed by Rick Allen after the show. (for you non def lep fans, the infamous drummer that lost an arm in a car accident), which is a prized possesion.

nakedmadman
03-17-2003, 12:11 AM
greatest live shows of all time eh? Hmmm... could be a tough question.
Pure showmanship, flash and stage presence best of all time is any of the KISS shows I've seen over the years. Makeup prefered.
Energy, music, and best crowd? Biohazard and Agony Column 1991 Virginia beach VA
But all in all, for a pure kickass show, I"d have to say Jackyl, last year at the 8Second saloon. Jessie James Dupree is just kickass on stage!

scalerboy
03-17-2003, 01:12 AM
genisis 27 years ago in toronto

mr_tiki
03-17-2003, 02:41 AM
Widespread Panic

or

Festivals are always nice

my dream..... bonnoroo!!!