PDA

View Full Version : On Avg, How Long Does Overnet Take You?

bball_1523
02-20-2004, 11:15 PM
I've been trying to download a 800 mb file for the past few days...I left it on for hours at certain times, like I'll leave it on for over 8 hours, then reset my comp, then leave it on all night till morning etc.

I am 94% done with this file but I left it on this morning and it was going 7 kb/s, with about 2 hours left or so, but when I came back 5-6 hours later, it stopped at the same spot it was basically at. I'm confused and frustrated because I've been trying to download all week almost.

MUSLEMAN
02-20-2004, 11:49 PM
800mb probebly couple of hours depending on the files sources.

you are probebly queued or maybe that is all that is left of the file. click th "+" next to the file and see who has it, if they have all the file, and what is your queued #.

remember everytime you disconnect and reconnect overnet you loose your place in line of the queued

Angel Of Destiny
02-20-2004, 11:51 PM
I usually download at 5kbps-70kbps on a 3mbps line (max dl = 400kbps)

uploading is usually at 15kbps-20kbps (max = about 25 kbps)

I dont know why but overnet usually uploads more then it downloads

but its way better then emule :P at least on overnet you can download rare files.. sometimes on emule it can take forever to get 10%

icantwin
02-21-2004, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by bball_1523@20 February 2004 - 23:15
I've been trying to download a 800 mb file for the past few days...I left it on for hours at certain times, like I'll leave it on for over 8 hours, then reset my comp, then leave it on all night till morning etc.

I am 94% done with this file but I left it on this morning and it was going 7 kb/s, with about 2 hours left or so, but when I came back 5-6 hours later, it stopped at the same spot it was basically at. I'm confused and frustrated because I've been trying to download all week almost.
its either what muscleman said, or you might be behind a firewall.

are you behind a router?

bball_1523
02-21-2004, 05:24 PM
I'm behind a router, but I opened every port for it to download, yet sometimes it tells me that I am behind a firewall. But then after a couple hours, the download starts up again but then it stops, and my download has been at 93-94% for almost 2 days :(

Is there anyway I can get my download done? I'm getting frustrated

MUSLEMAN
02-21-2004, 10:55 PM
if you are firewalled it does not effect your speed directly but what it does is, it does not allow you to connect to all possible sources thus making it harder for you to get the file. forward the ports that overnet uses not all the ports and check your firewall.

what kind of firewall do you have??

bball_1523
02-22-2004, 05:46 AM
I just have a router, and I opened every port. So it shouldn't be a problem. My router is a Siemens Speedstream 2604

What I've noticed is that I've downloaded 94% but the rest of the file is red. I heard red means incomplete and means I probably won't be able to download that file anymore on the network.

Is there anyway I can finish this download? I tried connected all the unfinished parts but the movie didn't even play LOL. I basically have wasted a few days.

MUSLEMAN
02-22-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by bball_1523@22 February 2004 - 01:46
I just have a router, and I opened every port. So it shouldn't be a problem. My router is a Siemens Speedstream 2604

What I've noticed is that I've downloaded 94% but the rest of the file is red. I heard red means incomplete and means I probably won't be able to download that file anymore on the network.

Is there anyway I can finish this download? I tried connected all the unfinished parts but the movie didn't even play LOL. I basically have wasted a few days.
no if its red then it means its not available on the network. try a different file or close and restart a few times in the next couple of days and see if you get the source/s for that last part, it has worked for me a few times.

other times you goto say ferk it and find a better one to pick next time

tralalala
02-22-2004, 02:02 PM
is there a speedup tool for overnet?

tralalala

algiere2000
02-22-2004, 07:00 PM
where do I download overnet? E-Mule is extremely slow :huh:

MUSLEMAN
02-23-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by algiere2000@22 February 2004 - 15:00
get overnet lite here (http://ktechsupport.clicdev.com/f/index.php?act=idx) :lol:

@tralalala in overnet there is no need for that, just set the priority of the file and be patient, remember the more you share the less you have to wait in queued :lol:

Samurai
02-23-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by bball_1523@21 February 2004 - 16:24
I'm behind a router, but I opened every port for it to download, yet sometimes it tells me that I am behind a firewall. But then after a couple hours, the download starts up again but then it stops, and my download has been at 93-94% for almost 2 days :(

Is there anyway I can get my download done? I'm getting frustrated
You've opened every port???

I&#39;d recommend only opening the ports you need or you could be in store for a nasty suprise <_<

tralalala
02-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+23 February 2004 - 03:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 23 February 2004 - 03:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-algiere2000@22 February 2004 - 15:00
get overnet lite here (http://ktechsupport.clicdev.com/f/index.php?act=idx) :lol:

@tralalala in overnet there is no need for that, just set the priority of the file and be patient, remember the more you share the less you have to wait in queued :lol: [/b][/quote]
i share my whole k-lite folder (approx 2 GB - i know, its nothing compared to you gladiators, but its still a fair amount - and most of it is music).

so it basically works like eMule right? so what really IS the big difference?

tralalala

thisiswhoweare
02-23-2004, 04:21 PM
i would unshare any single mp3s... emule and overnet are only really decent with big files.

MUSLEMAN
02-23-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by tralalala+23 February 2004 - 12:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tralalala @ 23 February 2004 - 12:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@23 February 2004 - 03:03
<!--QuoteBegin-algiere2000@22 February 2004 - 15:00

@tralalala in overnet there is no need for that, just set the priority of the file and be patient, remember the more you share the less you have to wait in queued :lol:
i share my whole k-lite folder (approx 2 GB - i know, its nothing compared to you gladiators, but its still a fair amount - and most of it is music).

so it basically works like eMule right? so what really IS the big difference?

tralalala [/b][/quote]
more search results and better speed with overnet, take a look around most of us where emule users till we used overnet for a bit and not we don&#39;t use slowmule anymore

thisiswhoweare
02-23-2004, 10:16 PM
more emule users can overnet though :P if it was really as good as you say every emule user would be an overnet one. :P still loyal to my eMule.

MUSLEMAN
02-23-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@23 February 2004 - 18:16
more emule users can overnet though :P if it was really as good as you say every emule user would be an overnet one. :P still loyal to my eMule.
not true #1, just look on this forum alone and you will see more and more overnet users then slowmule.

#2 as i always say :

you can lead a horse to water but you can&#39;t make it drink :P

hey some people are just stuck in denial :P

thisiswhoweare
02-23-2004, 11:30 PM
:P well i was looking at the overall total of users, not those on this forum. Unless 2 and a half mill of emule+onet users are on here. :)

"you can lead a horse to water but you can&#39;t make it drink"... true. But it will have to drink water sometime otherwise it would die. But the horse (or mule in this case) hasnt. BWAHAHA

MUSLEMAN
02-24-2004, 12:58 AM
ya just wait and if you look at the whole picture you will see more edonkey/overnet users then slowmule :frusty: :frusty: :P

thisiswhoweare
02-24-2004, 01:03 AM
wheres your comeback to your philospohy eh BWAHAHAHA&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :rolleyes:

i see your involving edonkey now as part of overnet&#39;s gang, tut tut. I thought you had the decency to fight fairly. MeMule will kick your O-Net&#39;s ass :D (ass as in behind, not as in donkey).

(Im gonna end it here, cos it isnt really gonna go anywhere that it hasnt been before on these forums).

stiehl
02-24-2004, 01:16 AM
A trick I like to use is find sources in shareaza (since shareaza is good at finding sources) and manually add them to overnet by right clicking on the file and selecting add source (since overnet is much, much faster downloading). Maybe this way you can find a source that has the complete file.

MUSLEMAN
02-24-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare+23 February 2004 - 21:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thisiswhoweare &#064; 23 February 2004 - 21:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>wheres your comeback to your philospohy eh BWAHAHAHA&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :rolleyes:

i see your involving edonkey now as part of overnet&#39;s gang, tut tut. I thought you had the decency to fight fairly. MeMule will kick your O-Net&#39;s ass :D (ass as in behind, not as in donkey).

(Im gonna end it here, cos it isnt really gonna go anywhere that it hasnt been before on these forums).[/b]
denial denial denial

Originally posted by agent smith+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (agent smith)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I just got Overnet today, and i am very impressed. I got connected fast, got search results bigger & faster, and the download started right then. I think this is my favorite P2P app now.[/b]

Originally posted by uNz&#091;i
]wow. I just tried Overnet Lite for the first time.
Great client&#33;

Originally posted by Izagaia

(Agent Smith @ 1 January 2004 - 23:12)
I just got Overnet today, and i am very impressed. I got connected fast, got search results bigger & faster, and the download started right then. I think this is my favorite P2P app now.

My sentiments exactly.

Originally posted by Cyril
Great application - started using this today and knocks the socks off anything else I am using.

Originally posted by Wolfmight
awsome Mod&#33; Kicks Emule right in the ass&#33;
&nbsp; Thanks for the nonaddy version, cause that ad supported one i tried awhile back ran all slow. This one is twice the speed.

Originally posted by junkyardking
man this client rocks.

Originally posted by rf9rider
I just tried this, working great&#33; Thanks.

Originally posted by kazaalite4ever
Yo&#33;

Hey, thanks for doing that&#33;

Works great. I am downloding now at 54 K/Bs as a "Validated Pro Client&#33;"

Originally posted by pirpu
I think Overnet is great. I cant believe I was using emule for so long&nbsp;
Overnet Lite ROCKS

Originally posted by English Wolf

Go with Overnet-Lite as its alot faster than emule cause with overnet you don&#39;t need to be connected to a specific server as it searches for all the sources for you.

Originally posted by supernico

OVERNET OVERNET OVERNET&#33;&#33;&#33;

<!--QuoteBegin-twister203@

Ovennet lite[/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-MvM

now i have tryed almost all p2p software avalable that is begger than 200 thousand users now overnet is my fav for most files but KL ++ is g8 for very popular files (its being logged right now so u better not d/l from home site or even use).

OVERNET RULEZ&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;[/quote]

lot more where those came from
:P

thisiswhoweare
02-24-2004, 10:35 AM
yes i can see all the total overnet users now :rolleyes: stooppp to many, ohhhh :helpsmile: lol

MUSLEMAN
02-24-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@24 February 2004 - 06:35
yes i can see all the total overnet users now :rolleyes: stooppp to many, ohhhh :helpsmile: lol
just a small example of old emule users on this board B) http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/mmsm/robot.gif

thisiswhoweare
02-24-2004, 01:39 PM
isn&#39;t it odd that overnet is simpler to use but people (me inc) still have problems... :lol: :ghostface: odd.

MUSLEMAN
02-24-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@24 February 2004 - 09:39
isn&#39;t it odd that overnet is simpler to use but people (me inc) still have problems... :lol: :ghostface: odd.
well some people (you) don&#39;t want to know things, they just want to use it.

how long did it take you to know everything you know now with emule??

do you drive?? how long did it take you to learn how to drive??

didn&#39;t you use ovenet for half a day and you were having some problems with it and just stoped it??

you wanna be fair give it at least half the time you gave emule then if you still dont&#39; like it i leave you alone, but after half a day, lol i mean give me a break, the first time i ever used kazaa i thought i was gonna throw my pc out the window :lol: :lol: :lol:

thisiswhoweare
02-24-2004, 05:23 PM
orrrrr then we wont be having this conversation :P

MUSLEMAN
02-25-2004, 02:14 AM
its upto you boss i use emule longer then i have overnet so far, i bet if you use overnet for 3 month and befaire and share files on it you won&#39;t go back to emule :lol: :lol:

thisiswhoweare
02-25-2004, 03:01 AM
:) well i could give overnet half a year to try (a year on emule so far). It wasnt the search problems the reason i didnt use it anymore, it just lacked the features im used to. I.e last seen complete data, detailed sorting, add ed2k from clipboard, better stats info, better hashing, webserver controls, part info and other things. I was just seeing if overnets speeds were just a once off thing or continuous.

MUSLEMAN
02-25-2004, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@24 February 2004 - 23:01
:) well i could give overnet half a year to try (a year on emule so far). It wasnt the search problems the reason i didnt use it anymore, it just lacked the features im used to. I.e last seen complete data, detailed sorting, add ed2k from clipboard, better stats info, better hashing, webserver controls, part info and other things. I was just seeing if overnets speeds were just a once off thing or continuous.
wtf are you taking about ??? better hashing???? add ed2k from clipboard??? :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: etc???

don&#39;t make up stuff man <_<

thisiswhoweare
02-25-2004, 12:59 PM
Hashing i aint to sure about. But doesnt overnet constantly rehash files again when you open it?

Adding ed2k hashes from clipboard? well you can&#39;t copy a hash and then add it to overnet since it doesnt matter the clipboard nor is there any way to add it in, if im right, without having it go and make it into a link which you can click.

MUSLEMAN
02-25-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@25 February 2004 - 08:59
Hashing i aint to sure about. But doesnt overnet constantly rehash files again when you open it?

Adding ed2k hashes from clipboard? well you can&#39;t copy a hash and then add it to overnet since it doesnt matter the clipboard nor is there any way to add it in, if im right, without having it go and make it into a link which you can click.
emmm says who :huh: :huh: :huh:

cooldude_83
02-25-2004, 01:32 PM
if yall want to get rid of the firewall then create a virtual server, i did and now it says that the connections are open. i have a d-link router and my downloads are going so damn fast

bball_1523
02-27-2004, 07:38 AM
virtual server? How so?

MUSLEMAN
02-27-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by bball_1523@27 February 2004 - 03:38
virtual server? How so?
if you are firewalled its because moste likely you have a router and you need to forward your ports for overnet in it boss :lol: