PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought A 6 Chnl Speaker System

Dray_04
02-21-2004, 08:21 AM
ok ive upgraded to the gigabyte motherboard, as you can see in my specs below...

ive plugged in all the cords in all the right places.. but i dont no what drivers i should download. i dont no the name of my sound card. .. but i no this motherboard supports 6 channels.

any idea?

the speakers didnt come with a cd so im guessing that i have to install drivers onto my motherboard or my sound card?

adamp2p
02-21-2004, 08:27 AM
dray_02: as much as I would like to be of assistance to you, I am pretty sure you could figure this out yourself by using google:

Be resourceful! Search around here too... (http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-7N400%20Pro2.htm)

Audio Driver (http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/Driver/Driver_GA-7N400%20Pro2.htm)

Dray_04
02-21-2004, 08:47 AM
i did a search,

bt im not as good as you adam

james_bond_rulez
02-21-2004, 08:54 AM
what a nub.....

6-Channel Audio
Through 6-channel audio output, users can experience the 3D surround sound without additional equipments. It fulfills the requirements for a variety of audio applications, such as MP3 or Audio CD playback, DVD movies and gaming thus delivering ideal platform for multimedia solution.

Dray_04
02-21-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@21 February 2004 - 20:54
what a nub.....

6-Channel Audio
Through 6-channel audio output, users can experience the 3D surround sound without additional equipments. It fulfills the requirements for a variety of audio applications, such as MP3 or Audio CD playback, DVD movies and gaming thus delivering ideal platform for multimedia solution.
wtf are you going on about dude?

i dont care about tht, i just wanna know why i cant hear anything... i have all drivers installed for my mobo.... what else should i check/do?

ck-uk
02-21-2004, 09:43 AM
I'm not sure if you need drivers for spearker mate.,unless they have some special features where it would need one.,check in control panel>multimedia,everthing is ok.You could also check the motherboard audio drivers,device manager.And if its enabled in bios. :)

bigdawgfoxx
02-21-2004, 10:10 AM
im drunkkkk and as a biotch! :frusty: hahahaha

Evil Gemini
02-21-2004, 11:08 AM
Have a look in the Motherboard manual for the jumper settings because you can change from normal sound (speaker, mic, aux) to 6ch sound (fronts, rears, centre and sub)

Also have a look in the bios.

3RA1N1AC
02-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by adamp2p@21 February 2004 - 00:27
dray_02: as much as I would like to be of assistance to you, I am pretty sure you could figure this out yourself by using google:

Be resourceful!  Search around here too... (http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-7N400%20Pro2.htm)

Audio Driver (http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/Driver/Driver_GA-7N400%20Pro2.htm)
instead of using the RealTek audio driver, you could use the Nforce driver package from Nvidia.com which includes an audio driver. not sure what the difference in functionality is (other than a different program for adjusting levels & whatnot), but the Nvidia driver and the RealTek driver are both compatible with it... so you do have a choice, depending on whichever one you prefer. ;)

i'm not sure if there's a major difference in features or quality though... i've tried both of 'em, but didn't spend enough time with the RealTek driver to figure out the differences.

Dray_04
02-21-2004, 12:30 PM
ok sweet i went into bios and change one of the pheriphal settings to auto... something to do with audio was disabled. lol.

but i was wondering, if its possible to listen to music using ALL of my speakers..... 5 surround speakers and my SUB??

is that possible or does it only play certain files, e.g DVDs. with surround sound?

at the moment when i play mp3s only the front left and right speakers play, and ma sub.... i want them all to be playing :(

3RA1N1AC
02-21-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by dray_02@21 February 2004 - 04:30
ok sweet i went into bios and change one of the pheriphal settings to auto... something to do with audio was disabled. lol.

but i was wondering, if its possible to listen to music using ALL of my speakers..... 5 surround speakers and my SUB??

is that possible or does it only play certain files, e.g DVDs. with surround sound?

at the moment when i play mp3s only the front left and right speakers play, and ma sub.... i want them all to be playing :(
you might need to switch your Windows speaker setting to "quadraphonic" instead of "surround" in order to get stereo music to play on all of your speakers.

Virtualbody1234
02-21-2004, 02:19 PM
Hello dray_02, How do you like your new mobo so far?

For the 6 channel audio... Did you read the manual Page 78 onwards?

adamp2p
02-21-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@21 February 2004 - 02:10
im drunkkkk and as a biotch! :frusty: hahahaha
That was pretty random... :lol:

adamp2p
02-21-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by dray_02@21 February 2004 - 04:30

You should have an option in the control panel for "sounds and audio devices." Under "speaker settings," select advanced. You should have an option there to enable 5.1 surround sound speakers. ;)

Dray_04
02-21-2004, 11:02 PM
Hello dray_02, How do you like your new mobo so far?

hey, the motherboard has got sooo many new features... im still trying to get used to everything... im not used to all the raid / sata things.... i havent got a harddrive but im going to get a new one soon... maybe 120gb

umm i have read the manual, bt i cant find it at the mo :P so i need to recap..

it is possible to get all my speakers.

lol, and gues what guys... i had to buy a new case because my old mobo, was in a lil wee packard bell case. lmao. it was a crack up. the new mobo, gigabyte, was way too big... haha. and also...

virtual body, can ya give me sum tips on how to get the most outta this mobo. cheerz man

Dray_04
02-21-2004, 11:08 PM
oh ive configured my sound settings in the control panel, sounds and audio device, advanced, and i have changed it to 5.1.

now what? i still cannot hear the music being played outta all of the speakers

Smurfette
02-22-2004, 02:15 AM
I don't know the spec of the board but some onboard sound setups need a setting changed to output through the line-in & mic-in sockets. I think mine is in the mixer properties.
All this should be in your manual, mate.

Dray_04
02-22-2004, 07:11 AM
i lost it haha,.

should i chnge anything in the bios?

so you guys are telling me that there is a way to make all 5 speakers and the subwoofer to play the mp3 ???

adamp2p
02-22-2004, 07:16 AM
If you seriously are still having troubles with this, you should just go invest $20-30 [USD] in a soundblaster Live! card.

Dray_04
02-22-2004, 07:48 AM
i dont really want to spend any more money !!

i bought a new graphic card $235
mobo $190
speakers $100
case $120

so now i am really poor lol

this mobo is SPOSE TO BE 6 CHANNEL!!!!

ck-uk
02-22-2004, 08:08 AM
I dont have a 5 speaker setup i'm still using my ps2 2 spks -sub.But i'm sure there is some ppl around here that has a close setup as you.Maybe you have to do it through the player or something.i duuno,try foobar in my sig you wont find a better player,it has a few options for 5.1.Goto prefs,dps or playback :)

Samurai
02-22-2004, 08:11 AM
If you spent that much money on all of that, you should look after the manuals that came with it <_< <_<

Triadcool
02-22-2004, 08:25 AM
If your still having the problem try THIS (http://www.tweakers.net/meuktracker/4980) driver. B)

adamp2p
02-22-2004, 08:29 AM
Yeah, man, it&#39;s like this: all the information you need is available to you; all you have to do is look for it. It takes a little bit of persistence. :)

;)

Dray_04
02-22-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Samurai@22 February 2004 - 20:11
If you spent that much money on all of that, you should look after the manuals that came with it <_< <_<
...you arent very helpful...

but thanks to everyone else thats helped out

adamp2p
02-22-2004, 08:57 AM
read on from page 82

Rightclick this link "save target as" read on from page 82 (http://europe.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/FileList/Manual/manual_7n400pro2_e.pdf)

Triadcool
02-22-2004, 09:13 AM
but thanks to everyone else thats helped out

Did you solve your problem? :huh: If you didn&#39;t, have you tried all of our suggested drivers and tips?

Virtualbody1234
02-22-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by adamp2p@22 February 2004 - 02:57
read on from page 82

Rightclick this link "save target as" read on from page 82 (http://europe.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/FileList/Manual/manual_7n400pro2_e.pdf)
I had already given him all that information.

If you don&#39;t have the manual, get it here: http://america.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/F...7n400pro2_e.pdf (http://america.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/FileList/Manual/manual_7n400pro2_e.pdf)

Dray_04
03-03-2004, 05:43 AM
the title sez it all&#33;

I have creative inspire 5.1 5200 speakers

5 speakers and a SUB&#33;

when i play music only the front 3 speakers play... not the rear speakers

my setup is like this

[] speaker [] speaker [] speaker
:) me

rear [] [ ]sub []speaker

lmao...i no my diagram is a lil rushed&#33;&#33; use ur imagination

i have the latest drivers... i think and iv tried everything thats obvious... e.g configured the sound and audio under control panel... to read as 6 speaker surround system..

man i dont think ill ever get this fixed

delphin460
03-03-2004, 08:18 AM
cause mp3&#39;s are not coded in surround, if ya realy want to listen to mp3 through all, you will have to change the o/p setting to reflect this, eg virtual surround or something like that

Virtualbody1234
03-03-2004, 10:49 AM
There was no need to start a whole new topic for this. You already had one.

Merged.

Evil Gemini
03-03-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by dray_02@3 March 2004 - 06:43

my setup is like this

[] speaker [] speaker [] speaker
:) me

rear [] [ ]sub []speaker

lmao...i no my diagram is a lil rushed&#33;&#33; use ur imagination

i have the latest drivers... i think and iv tried everything thats obvious... e.g configured the sound and audio under control panel... to read as 6 speaker surround system..

man i dont think ill ever get this fixed
Why do you have the sub at the back ??

It would sound much better at the front.

Also, the program that usually comes with your sound card will have a speaker tester.

With mine, when i click on speaker test, i get a voice saying

This is the front left speaker

This is the front centre speaker

This is the front right speaker

This is the rear left speaker

This is the rear right speaker

It sounds awsome because it goes in order and when i first tried it i was like WTF this is awsome because the voice was going from each speaker in order :)