PDA

View Full Version : C&c Generals

NIRVANA
03-06-2003, 02:19 PM
Does anybody know why I can't update generals from 1.0 to 1.1 or 1.2?

It first gives the error: Missing or Invalid Registry/INI entry
Then it gives the error: Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found.
No update done since the file contents don't match.

Can anybody help me?

J__
03-06-2003, 09:15 PM
Even if the name of the file is same doesn't mean that the size is. I think the update checks some files to be sure that the game is not cracked. So it woun't upgrade cracked ones.

--J

KinkoStinky
03-06-2003, 11:00 PM
The only way to update the game is to hack the patch to make it work, or download a bin/iso of the file...

CornerPocket
03-07-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by NIRVANA@6 March 2003 - 08:19
Does anybody know why I can't update generals from 1.0 to 1.1 or 1.2?

It first gives the error:    Missing or Invalid Registry/INI entry
Then it gives the error:    Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found.
                                        No update done since the file contents don't match.

Can anybody help me?
If you downloaded the iso version you can update it. I did! How? Uninstall and then reinstall the game, once complete, use the update button to update. It will download the update, then take the no cd general.exe file from the crack folder and place in the game directory accordingly. It will replace the exisiting general.exe file. Run the game, it will automatically update the game, close the game, then add the game.dat file from the crack folder into the game directory, replacing the existing game.dat file. You're all set :D

Worked like a charm for me, but I could swear that it updates to ver 1.3..................

no idea if it works on the ripped version ;)

imported_jamesandpie
03-07-2003, 05:09 PM
Ive tryed both and it only works on the .bin version! its something to do with the registry entries on the ripped version i think that makes it not work.

"The Avatar Man"
03-07-2003, 05:39 PM
that's what happens when you compress 1.2 gigs into 180 mb's :(
but that's still a kick @$$ copy :lol:

Paul_NFFC
03-07-2003, 06:13 PM
so if you do that iso/bin thing and update it can ya them play it online?? or is it offline only??

:huh:

KinkoStinky
03-07-2003, 07:45 PM
Even if you do all that, you cant play online, you will need to find a cd-key that will work online...