PDA

View Full Version : Error Validating Crumb

the mask
02-22-2004, 12:50 AM
i am download a program on overnet and after a certain amount of download i get this error message 'error validating crumb' what does that mean?

MUSLEMAN
02-22-2004, 02:44 AM
Run MetFileRegenerator on that download.

go here for that, you will need to have java to run it (http://www.bigwillystyle42.com/?dest=regenerator)

the mask
02-22-2004, 07:06 AM
ok, i clicked on the link and downloaded what you said. i have then extracted the files but the file just remain as 'bare' icons if you know what i mean, when i click on them they dont open and a box pops up that 'do you want windows to find how to open these files on the web'. i have obviously done something wrong. i have checked my add or remove programs and i have java runtime enviroment se 1.42

MUSLEMAN
02-22-2004, 07:55 AM
well i don't belive that the file is complete, overnet is going to replace the corrupt parts then complete it when its done

the mask
02-22-2004, 01:15 PM
you were right about overnet sorting out the corrupt files. i woke up this morning and found that the file had fully downloaded. thank you 4 ur help

MUSLEMAN
02-23-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by the mask@22 February 2004 - 09:15
you were right about overnet sorting out the corrupt files. i woke up this morning and found that the file had fully downloaded. thank you 4 ur help
no problem boss have you been to the kltforums yet?? if not just hit my sig there is plenty of info there for you :lol: