PDA

View Full Version : Download Movies

sameer0807
02-22-2004, 09:46 AM
Greetings,

I was just wonderin wad's thy best P2P program to download movies??

Adster
02-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Bit Torrent
IRC

icantwin
02-22-2004, 10:46 AM
Overnet Lite its fast and no fakes

sameer0807
02-22-2004, 01:39 PM
thnx for da reply, where can i find overnet Lite...a download link would be great.

sameer0807
02-22-2004, 02:03 PM
Quick Question:

How da heck ya use Bit Torrent, i downloaded it and ended up in some sort of Bit Torrent website, after dat em totally lost!!

Wherre is da search button, i thaught Bit Torrent was like Kazaa or somethin like dat.

One more thing:
why i can't find overnet lite anywhere, the links for overnet is all messed up (broken links).

where can i download overnet from??

HELP!!

bryanskrantz
02-22-2004, 09:36 PM
this might help
here (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=54389)

and post questions about BT there as well.

icantwin
02-22-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by sameer0807@22 February 2004 - 13:39
thnx for da reply, where can i find overnet Lite...a download link would be great.
here you go
Overnet Lite ( http://ultimate.250free.com/overnetlite052.exe)

elkinm
02-23-2004, 12:31 AM
This overthenetlite is great.

It has more stuff and downloads faster then anything I have tried so far. The only problem is that my cpu usage is through the roof with only a couple of downloads.
Any way to lower the CPU usage?

Other then that, wow!

elkinm
02-23-2004, 12:36 AM
CPU is not the biggest problem. It seems to be using tons of ram in XP Pro. Thask manager shows very low usage buy free memry is fluctuation down to zero with overthenet running.

Anybody else having this problem?

MUSLEMAN
02-23-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by elkinm@22 February 2004 - 20:36
CPU is not the biggest problem. It seems to be using tons of ram in XP Pro. Thask manager shows very low usage buy free memry is fluctuation down to zero with overthenet running.

Anybody else having this problem?
you get this all the time or at the start and a bit after??

elkinm
02-23-2004, 01:05 AM
It was happening for a while but is much better now. I think it may have been because it was scanning my sharred files wich seems to take a lot of time and power.

The only problem now is that is uses lots of disk space, much more then the complete file would be when downloading, so I can only download a couple at a time.

But it is extremely fast and has files that I never found anywere else.

MUSLEMAN
02-23-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by elkinm@22 February 2004 - 21:05
It was happening for a while but is much better now. I think it may have been because it was scanning my sharred files wich seems to take a lot of time and power.

The only problem now is that is uses lots of disk space, much more then the complete file would be when downloading, so I can only download a couple at a time.

But it is extremely fast and has files that I never found anywere else.
yes i keep telling everybody its great. any ways when hashing and analysing your files there will be some cpu usage but then it will drop once its done.

overnet creats the space for the file you are using so it knows you have enough space for the whole file. thats how it is, otherwise half way thru a file it would just stop.

clean your pc and open up some room or get a bigger hard drive, i realy don't know what to tell you :lol:

elkinm
02-23-2004, 02:36 AM
Edonkey creates space for the entire file but overthenet uses the new part file method which creates many files as a result the files cannot be previewd, and it seems that the multple files take much more space then a single file does. edonkey2000 has an option to use old part files but not this program.

Is there any way to switch to the old part file format?

Thanks

junkyardking
02-23-2004, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by elkinm@23 February 2004 - 02:36
Edonkey creates space for the entire file but overthenet uses the new part file method which creates many files as a result the files cannot be previewd, and it seems that the multple files take much more space then a single file does. edonkey2000 has an option to use old part files but not this program.

Thanks
Overnet does....

In options>advance click "old style part files"

MUSLEMAN
02-23-2004, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by elkinm@22 February 2004 - 22:36

Thanks
who says it can't be previewed boss??? yes it can, i preview my movies with videolan all the time :lol: and with out changing format. and at the end there is not difference in the space taken, where are you geting this from???

sameer0807
02-23-2004, 04:45 AM
Greetings,

I m tryin to download couple of movies from overnet lite, but it seems dat it is takin forever.

It is still lookin for peeps to connect for more then 26 hours, and da download hasn't been even began.

BTW i m tryin to download:
- Paycheck
- Pirates of the Carribean

it's super duper slow!!! :(

MUSLEMAN
02-23-2004, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by sameer0807@23 February 2004 - 00:45
Greetings,

I m tryin to download couple of movies from overnet lite, but it seems dat it is takin forever.

It is still lookin for peeps to connect, and da download hasn't been even began.

- Paycheck

it's super duper slow!!! :(
on the bottom left hand of overnet what does it say?? connected, open?? or something else.

what color is the bar for these downlaods??

who much are you sharing??

are you leaving overnet on??

what is your upload set too??

how many sources do you see in the transffer window??

sameer0807
02-23-2004, 06:39 AM
Greetings,

--on the bottom left hand of overnet what does it say?? connected, open?? or something else.
It says connected and in the next box it says firewalled!!

--what color is the bar for these downlaods??
It's all red.

--How much are you sharing??
I m sharin nothin since this is my first time downloadin somethin from overnet lite. But i m sharin more then 200 files (music, movies, games, software) for kazza in its shared folder. (if that helps in anyway)

--what is your upload set too??
How can i set that?? I hav no clue wat u mean by that.

--how many sources do you see in the transffer window??
I see 110 sources.

MUSLEMAN
02-23-2004, 06:45 AM
ok boss some thing is not right :o :lol:

first if the bar is red it means that the file is not available for downlaod (if it stays that way for more than 2 days to a week forget it)

but you say there is a 110 sources so that makes no sense, i will ask you again

these soruces you say are they in the search window or transffer window when you hit the "+" sign??

second what does it say after connected??? does it say open or firewalled or what??

third you never told me if you keep overnet on or if you keep turning it on and off.

fourth go to option>network and set the max upload/download and connections there

fifth go to the shared window and choose your "my shared folder" as a folder to share so that way you are shaing some files. the way overnet works is the more you share the less you stay in queued and that means you get your files faster

so look at this post answer my questions again and we will see what we got :lol:

sameer0807
02-23-2004, 07:10 AM
Greetings,

--these soruces you say are they in the search window or transffer window when you hit the "+" sign??
These sources are in trasffer window, when i clicked em it only has one source for both the movies.

--second what does it say after connected??? does it say open or firewalled or what??
It says firewalled.

I keep overnet lite ON 24/7.

When i selected My shared folder to share, then it says i m sharin 16 files.

MUSLEMAN
02-23-2004, 07:19 AM
ok boss now we are getting closer to the root of the problem.

first of all if you are firewalled then you can't connect to all the available sources, and that can lead to slower speed.

so now lets see are you behind a router??

sameer0807
02-23-2004, 07:30 AM
I m usin ADSL for ma internet connection.

I have disabled my firewall ( BTW its a hardware firewall) and i still see firewalled beside connected, this is how i try to disable the firewall:

- went into control pannel.
- clicked on network/ internet connection.
- then network connection.
- right clicked on the type of connection i m runnin and went into properties.
- clicked on Advanced, uncheck the option for: Protect my computer and network by liminting or preventing access to this computer from the internet.

This is wad i did, i know there's somethin wrong dat's why i still FIREWALLED.

MUSLEMAN
02-23-2004, 07:36 AM
lol every body makes this mistake and i can understand why.

in overnet firewalled is not always your software firewall, your router is a hard firewall, if you have one.

you say you have a hard firewall but you have disabled it, well it might not be enough

please go to options>network> here you will see the 2 ports overnet uses please forward or open those 2 ports in your hard firewall because its mostlikely that, which is making you firewalled

junkyardking
02-23-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by sameer0807@23 February 2004 - 07:30

I have disabled my firewall ( BTW its a hardware firewall) and i still see firewalled beside connected, this is how i try to disable the firewall:

- clicked on Advanced, uncheck the option for: Protect my computer and network by liminting or preventing access to this computer from the internet.

This is wad i did, i know there's somethin wrong dat's why i still FIREWALLED.
It's sounds like your using a router, so your have to forward the ports in you router that overnet uses.....

sameer0807
02-23-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by junkyardking+23 February 2004 - 08:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junkyardking @ 23 February 2004 - 08:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sameer0807@23 February 2004 - 07:30

This is wad i did, i know there&#39;s somethin wrong dat&#39;s why i still FIREWALLED.
It&#39;s sounds like your using a router, so your have to forward the ports in you router that overnet uses..... [/b][/quote]
Could ya plz explain dat to me in details, i don&#39;t know how to forward port&#33;&#33;

sameer0807
02-23-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@23 February 2004 - 07:36
lol every body makes this mistake and i can understand why.

in overnet firewalled is not always your software firewall, your router is a hard firewall, if you have one.

you say you have a hard firewall but you have disabled it, well it might not be enough

please go to options>network> here you will see the 2 ports overnet uses please forward or open those 2 ports in your hard firewall because its mostlikely that, which is making you firewalled
Ok this is wad i did, control pannel--&#62;internet/ network connection--&#62; Network connections--&#62;
and then this is wad i see:
Local area connection ( this is the one em usin for my internet ) and it says SiS 900- Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter.

I m kinda noob in networkin world, any help would be great&#33;&#33;&#33; :)

MUSLEMAN
02-23-2004, 08:41 AM
that is your os firewall boss, what is your hardware firewall??

Adster
02-23-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by sameer0807@23 February 2004 - 14:45
Greetings,

It is still lookin for peeps to connect for more then 26 hours, and da download hasn&#39;t been even began.

- Paycheck

it&#39;s super duper slow&#33;&#33;&#33; :(
that doesn&#39;t surprise me emule overnet all of them are all crap&#33;&#33; and when it does actually start to download normally tops about 3k

the key is to leave eit open for a month ;)

oh and BTW can you not talk in AOL language :lol:

sameer0807
02-23-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@23 February 2004 - 08:41
and where can i find my hardware firewall ??

MUSLEMAN
02-23-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by sameer0807+23 February 2004 - 04:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sameer0807 @ 23 February 2004 - 04:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@23 February 2004 - 08:41
and where can i find my hardware firewall ?? [/b][/quote]
lol i dont know boss you said your firewall is hardware

@adster check out the screenshots of mine and others in ed2k forum there is nothing slow about nor did it take a month lol i downlaoded lotr part 3 which was 3 cds under 5 hours :lol:

junkyardking
02-23-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by sameer0807+23 February 2004 - 08:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sameer0807 @ 23 February 2004 - 08:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@23 February 2004 - 08:41
and where can i find my hardware firewall ?? [/b][/quote]
What do you use to connect to the internet, whats the name model number ect of the box that connects to the phoneline....

sameer0807
02-23-2004, 09:30 AM
i m usin D-Link DSL-300G ADSL Modem.

Model NO is: DSL-300G
Serial NO is: H26422B012243
Ver: B1

MUSLEMAN
02-23-2004, 09:37 AM
are you connecting from the phone to modem to pc??? are you sure there is nothing in between??

are there any other pc in the house??

sameer0807
02-23-2004, 09:40 AM
I hav a laptop with wireless internet too ( if dat has to do with anythin )

This is how my Pc is connected to internet:
first modem:
Model NO is: DSL-300G
Serial NO is: H26422B012243
Ver: B1

is connected to second modem: ( for wireless internet for my laptop )
SMC (SMC7004VWBR) Networks
Serial NO: T133708437

all togther ( first and second modem ) connects my PC.

MUSLEMAN
02-23-2004, 09:50 AM
i&#39;m not familiar with d-link but i&#39;m sure you have a router. you need to call the company for that router and tell them you want those 2 ports forwarded. or you can ask who ever setup your network :lol:

sameer0807
02-23-2004, 09:54 AM
yea i know dat i hav a router for sure...the SMC is the router&#33;&#33;&#33;
So it means dat i hav to call the router provider to forward my 2 ports ??? Is dat right?? and wherre i hav to forward my 2 ports??

junkyardking
02-23-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by sameer0807@23 February 2004 - 09:54
yea i know dat i hav a router for sure...the SMC is the router&#33;&#33;&#33;
So it means dat i hav to call the router provider to forward my 2 ports ??? Is dat right?? and wherre i hav to forward my 2 ports??
Here&#39;s the site for your router
http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?sec=Support&p...prod=258&site=c (http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?sec=Support&pg=Download-Details&prod=258&site=c)

There&#39;s a guide there....

MUSLEMAN
02-23-2004, 10:41 AM
ok so there we are then boss, you router is firewalling you :o that bastard :01: :lol:

ok what you need to do is in overnet go to options>network>here you see the udp and the tcp port that overnet uses, write these 2 ports down, then call the smc tech support and tell them you want to forward those 2 ports in your router, once they forward it, you should be good to go :lol:

oh ya make sure your firmware is upto date on your router also :lol: you can ask them for that too :lol: