PDA

View Full Version : The 'flame The Other Console' Thread

Peerzy
02-22-2004, 07:03 PM
well im bored and nothing much s happening on the board so insted of turning a tread into a flame war, iv declared war in my own thread. ;)

i'll start,

X box is sooooooooooooo shit.

okay who's next? :P

Bowen747x
02-22-2004, 08:45 PM
how bout we trun this into "flame the starter of this thred" thread :P jk but this is a pretty gay thing 2 post, if ur board, go 2 the lounge!

Peerzy
02-22-2004, 09:29 PM
i looked in there nothing either. i waited like 30 min and no posts here or in the lounge. ;)

and you better be joking! (shakes fist)

PS2 is soo 'gehy' :rolleyes:

Evil Gemini
02-23-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by peerzyboy@22 February 2004 - 20:03
well im bored and nothing much s happening on the board so insted of turning a tread into a flame war, iv declared war in my own thread. ;)

i'll start,

X box is sooooooooooooo shit.

okay who's next? :P

if your that bored, go take something apart, install a stereo on your car, if you got a car do somehting constructive or you will go mental sitting for someone to post.

Go break something so u got no choice but to fix it :lol:

I did that once :rolleyes:

WOX
02-23-2004, 12:51 AM
gamecube can suck my dick.

uNz[i]
02-23-2004, 09:13 AM
All consoles suck... money.

I used to be into console gaming in a big way.
I was a casualty of the Sega - Nintendo war, and the later Nintendo - PS1 war.
I say casualty because the only winner in a console war is the companies that sell the consoles.
The consumer is always the loser.

Give me a PC and an emulator anyday. B)

When theres fully functional PS2 and X-Box emulators available, I'll play 'em both.
Until then I ain't spending a single cent on any console, console game or peripheral.
Each system has thier own pros and cons, the only real difference is the quality of the game library.
The rest is just hype. :P

TARPD
02-23-2004, 02:24 PM
the ps2 can use it emotion engine to cry.... errr.... cos its not as good as the gamecube or xbox which are also bad, so yeah

Money Fist
02-23-2004, 02:46 PM
to hell with consoles

i have a PS2 with 7 games sitting right next to me now

i had it there since x-mas

i only played it for the first time the other day
and realised what an idiot i feel like for sitting there holding the pad

played for 25min (testng all the games)

never played again since

Peerzy
02-23-2004, 08:00 PM
i find that ps2 as to many shitty games that bring it down. It has some good ones but alot are very rubbish and not worth the download. The x box is just bill gates 'portable' computer with no screen. I have a gamecube but find that alothough game releases are few and far between they do turn out to be very good. Overall even though i have a gamecuvbe i would have to say s2 is going to be the winner because the X box is just well a n x box and the gamecube can't produce good games fast enough and they relie to much on there signature 5 or 6 games (Zelda, mario, star wars, mario kart, F zero, 1080 etc etc)

Peerzyboy ;)

j4y3m
02-23-2004, 08:21 PM
The best console is the one that sells the most...

TARPD
02-23-2004, 08:28 PM
the one that markets most sells the most. the one that makes the best games is the best

Mr. Mulder
02-23-2004, 09:12 PM
ps2 sucks mole people balls :01:

Mad Cat
02-23-2004, 09:32 PM
Heh, people taking their anger out here seems a good idea :P

Pin it :P

Peerzy
02-23-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Mad Cat@23 February 2004 - 21:32
Heh, people taking their anger out here seems a good idea :P

Pin it :P
lol ha ha yeah.

This will stop all the other treads turning into a flame war when wecan organise one here :P

Peerzyboy ;)

Twist3r
02-23-2004, 10:14 PM
http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/untitledghg.jpg

yeah it took me 15 hours to do them graphix in photo shop 9000 deluxe pro 2004++ adittion

edit: god damnit this isnt make peerzyboys sig thread... o well :D :D :D

:lol: :lol: :D :D ;)

Nightwolf
02-23-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by stupidguy@23 February 2004 - 15:21
The best console is the one that sells the most...
The best console is which ever one makes you happy. Whenever we have this debate, most replies are from people who say "My console is the best and all the others are junk". If that's the way they feel, there's obviously nothing I can say to change their opinion. So what's the point in arguing about it?

As long as you're happy with yours, and I'm happy with mine... can't we all just get along?

Peerzy
02-23-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Twister@23 February 2004 - 22:14
http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/untitledghg.jpg

yeah it took me 15 hours to do them graphix in photo shop 9000 deluxe pro 2004++ adittion

edit: god damnit this isnt make peerzyboys sig thread... o well :D :D :D

:lol: :lol: :D :D ;)
lol th tread is in my sig enter it there :P

i like ur sig tho, u cut off the gd bit's tho :( :P

Right now for some reason my very serios thread is going off track so i would like to straigten it out, in the words of the 12 year old AOL translater:

PLAYSTATION IS VERY GOD BUT DA X BOX IS JUST RILLY CRAP AND SHIT111!!!! OMG WTF LOL GME CUB LOKS LIEK A GIANT KIT KAT KUB AND DA X BOX LOKS LIEK A MODED PC!11!! OMG WTF LOL BUT THAN AGANE A PS2 LOKS LIEK A R NIEK SHOE

OVERAL111!1! WTF X BOX IS V3RY V3RY SHIT PLAYSTATION NED 2 S2P MAKNG CRAPY GMAS AND GMECUB NED MOR3 GM3S PC IS DA BST THOUGH

PERZYBOY11111!! OMG WTF LOL

Vamp will know what im talking about...OMG WTF LOL11111111111!!!

Peerzyboy :rolleyes:

WOX
02-24-2004, 01:29 AM
ok so maybe there are some consoles that arent good but they have a couple of games that rock, so i think that it's not a good a idea buy a console maybe it's better to wait for the emulator to play that great games.

SingaBoiy
02-24-2004, 03:38 AM
XBOX is the best peice of hardware. They made it so you wouldnt have to upgrade anything. (i.e. ps2 hdd and NA) PS2 has the best library hands down. The ps2's controller is alot better then the xbox and the gc's (who the hell came up with a design like that??????)

kaiweiler
02-24-2004, 03:40 AM
http://carcino.gen.nz/images/image.php/463c5922/arguing.jpg
I use PC :ph34r:

TARPD
02-24-2004, 10:58 AM
ps2s unoriginal :angry:
xbox is microsoft :angry:
gamecube is purple :angry:

Illuminati
02-24-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by uNz[i]@23 February 2004 - 10:13
I was a casualty of the Sega - Nintendo war, and the later Nintendo - PS1 war.
Those were the golden days of games :D Master System vs NES, Game Gear vs Game Boy, Mega Drive/Genesis vs Super Nintendo...the Nintendo vs Sega battle was arguably the greatest war in the past 20 years of gaming history (arguable because of the C64 vs Spectrum war) :lol: Sometimes, I burn voodoo dolls of SCEE employees as the Playstation did kinda break that one-on-one :unsure:

Still - I can go from experience after having all three of them (Took about two months of work to get them and the games though :)).

The PS2 is decent for entry-level players or now-and-then players; the games are decent for short durations but bar a few exceptions (GTA Vice City) the games on the PS2 become too mass-market for the PS2 to have much reputation as a great console, rather a great mass-market appliance. Course, the upcoming PSX could take that title :D

The X-Box is a surprisingly well-designed console - I was against it when it came out, but once playing Project Gotham Racing 2 on it I got convinced :D X-Box has a few holes which can be worked on, but considering PS2's saturation of some genres it isn't the end of the world. On an act of redemption, the lack of games in those genres make the few that exist special (e.g. Morrowind and KOTOR for RPGs, PGR2 for racing)

The GameCube is IMO a dark horse - It could be said that the lack of games could be due to lack of development but it can also be because Nintendo want any form of crap in their library. It's true that they have their "signature" games - Zelda Wink Waker, Mario Sunshine, Smash Bros Melee, Metroid Prime - have been relied on, but the quality of many of them justify that. The GC's injection of ex-DreamCast games like Sonic Adventure, Skies of Arcadia and Phantasy Star Online has helped the GC in part, but mainly those who didn't experience them on the DC.

Personally, I believed (and still believe) that the greatest console to date was none of these but is instead the DreamCast. The reason for this is because of its downfall - It wasn't due to the games (although there were some turkeys in the library) but of the marketing given to it. With its death though, it left in its memory some of the more advanced and enjoyable games of the past decade (remember that the Soul Calibur trilogy was taken from PS1 and re-invigorated by the DreamCast ;))

Haz
02-24-2004, 01:56 PM
I also believe that the DC had the most potential of all the consoles, just nobody gave it a chance, can't say I really blame them, the Saturn, SegaCD, 32X, Sega screwed their consumers one too many times I suppose.

Weird thing is out of all the consoles I own, the Dreamcast is the one I play the most :lol: Damn Shenmue! it ruined me for all other games!

And I notice that alot of people are choosing their PC's over consoles, I'm sure that doesn't have anything to do with being able to get PC games for free ;)

uNz[i]
02-24-2004, 01:58 PM
I just remembered... I did manage to get one win out of the console wars.

In the weeks before the release of the N64, a retail store in my town had a clearance sale of the last available top loading NES units, so they could make shelf space for the newer system.
http://www.sighost.us/members/unz/toploader.jpg

I managed to snare one for $30 Australian. It came with all the necessary leads, a dog bone controller and a 3 in 1 game cartridge.
At the moment, that old top loader is sitting in my wardrobe in the original box in near mint condition, along with a small selection of games.
I just checked the going rate for a top loader NES on ebay for a laugh..

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?q...10&BasicSearch= (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=top+loader+nes&ht=1&sosortproperty=1&from=R10&BasicSearch=)

Check it out... they're selling (on average) for ~$70 US, and that's with the old rectangular controllers.
The dog bones are quite rare, apparently.
http://www.sighost.us/members/unz/dogbones.jpg

So there you have it... the only console that now sells for 2 -3 times it's original retail price.
The toploader NES: the greatest game console EVER! :P

Mad Cat
02-24-2004, 09:19 PM
Antique NES, hehe.

SingaBoiy
02-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by TARPD@24 February 2004 - 02:58
ps2s unoriginal :angry:
xbox is microsoft :angry:
gamecube is purple :angry:
My gamecube is silver. :smilie4:

h1
02-24-2004, 10:12 PM
B) C64 > *.

Nightwolf
02-24-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati+24 February 2004 - 06:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati &#064; 24 February 2004 - 06:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-uNz&#091;i
,23 February 2004 - 10:13] I was a casualty of the Sega - Nintendo war, and the later Nintendo - PS1 war.
Those were the golden days of games :D Master System vs NES, Game Gear vs Game Boy, Mega Drive/Genesis vs Super Nintendo...the Nintendo vs Sega battle was arguably the greatest war in the past 20 years of gaming history....[/b][/quote]
As I recall there were a few other minor contenders in that war. Probably the biggest was the TurboGrafx-16 (http://www.rolandit.com/games/Systems/viewsys.asp?SID=49). Their big mascot game was Bonk&#39;s Adventure. Then there was also the Neo-Geo system, which was outrageously overpriced, and one called 3DO which tried to change the market by allowing other companies to make consoles that would play their games (similar to the VCR concept).

Did anyone actually own one of those consoles?

TARPD
02-24-2004, 11:02 PM
i have a neogeo pocket (the mono one) but no games :(

JMK
02-25-2004, 01:59 AM
Xbox owns all other consoles look at the facts with the specs of all the other consoles compared to xbox xbox pws them all on practically every single one enough said :ninja:

WOX
02-25-2004, 02:07 AM
what matter most is the games so it doesn&#39;t matter if it&#39;s the most powerful of all the games are the important thing.

Twist3r
02-25-2004, 02:19 AM
:D ps1 and xbox is my favorites :D

kaiweiler
02-25-2004, 03:32 AM
I have a regular gameboy that can pwn all your new age systems&#33; :ph34r:
and yes, yes it is big, fat, grey, and bulky, and 5 pounds of pure power&#33;&#33; :01: :01:

Haz
02-25-2004, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by kaiweiler@24 February 2004 - 22:32
I have a regular gameboy that can pwn all your new age systems&#33;&nbsp; :ph34r:
and yes, yes it is big, fat, grey, and bulky, and 5 pounds of pure power&#33;&#33;&nbsp; :01:&nbsp; :01:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Dreamcast VMU OWNZZZ :P

WOX
02-25-2004, 03:58 AM
all of DC rules.

h1
02-25-2004, 06:31 AM
My C64 still owns all.

uNz[i]
02-25-2004, 07:21 AM
But a C64 is a PC, not a console.

If we were talking about vintage PCs, I&#39;d start getting all nostalgic for my long gone Atari ST. B)

TARPD
02-25-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by JMK@25 February 2004 - 01:59
Xbox owns all other consoles look at the facts with the specs of all the other consoles compared to xbox xbox pws them all on practically every single one enough said :ninja:
it also gets all the best exclusives like halo and erm..... :rolleyes:

Peerzy
02-25-2004, 05:36 PM
The Dc VM unit was very fun, when you put a chao on it, it turned it into black and white pokemon with the gay names or spiky haired japs :P .

X box has no games and i sold my n64 to buy a playstaion 1 and what a mistake. Infact i would have to say that the n64 was my favorite console of all time, so good infact that iv rebrought one and about 40 games. Its also the emulator that i play the most and i would say deffently worth the £5.99 they sell them for in Game. :lol:

Peerzyboy ;)

WOX
02-26-2004, 12:48 AM
i won&#39;t change my dc it has very good games and also i still have fun with this games.

uNz[i]
02-26-2004, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by peerzyboy@26 February 2004 - 03:06
i sold my n64 to buy a playstaion 1 and what a mistake.
Whatever floats yer boat peerzyboy, I own both an N64 and a PS1.

My N64 has been gathering dust and cobwebs for 90% of the time I&#39;ve owned it,
but I still play my PS1 at least once a week on average.

The N64 was the poorest offering Nintendo ever made to the gaming public.
Nintendo had originally planned to sell an aftermarket add-on hard disk for the N64 which was tentatively called the "Bulky Drive" which would have allowed for bigger and better games than could be supported by a cartridge alone.

The big N sold a few thousand units of the new drive in Japan, then decided they didn&#39;t want to split thier market into &#39;haves&#39; and &#39;have nots&#39; - The &#39;haves&#39; being the folks who could afford to upgrade their console with the new drive.

That was the end of the Bulky Drive, which severely limited the true potential of the N64. The games that were released after that time were vastly inferior to what they could have been.

Such a waste... :(

h1
02-26-2004, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by uNz[i]@25 February 2004 - 02:21
But a C64 is a PC, not a console.

If we were talking about vintage PCs, I&#39;d start getting all nostalgic for my long gone Atari ST. B)
Damn uNz[i], now you got me reminiscing for my Atari ST too...

uNz[i]
02-26-2004, 06:38 AM
Heres (http://www.blimey.strayduck.com/) something you might like then. :D

Peerzy
02-26-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by uNz[i]+26 February 2004 - 04:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (uNz[i] @ 26 February 2004 - 04:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@26 February 2004 - 03:06
i sold my n64 to buy a playstaion 1 and what a mistake.
Whatever floats yer boat peerzyboy, I own both an N64 and a PS1.

My N64 has been gathering dust and cobwebs for 90% of the time I&#39;ve owned it,
but I still play my PS1 at least once a week on average.

The N64 was the poorest offering Nintendo ever made to the gaming public.
Nintendo had originally planned to sell an aftermarket add-on hard disk for the N64 which was tentatively called the "Bulky Drive" which would have allowed for bigger and better games than could be supported by a cartridge alone.

The big N sold a few thousand units of the new drive in Japan, then decided they didn&#39;t want to split thier market into &#39;haves&#39; and &#39;have nots&#39; - The &#39;haves&#39; being the folks who could afford to upgrade their console with the new drive.

That was the end of the Bulky Drive, which severely limited the true potential of the N64. The games that were released after that time were vastly inferior to what they could have been.

Such a waste... :( [/b][/quote]
for me the N64 was N&#39;s best console, the &#39;bulky drive&#39; was named 64DD in the UK but never made it here, but n64 had some of the best games ever made, conkers bad fur day, goldeneye 007, perfect dark, mario kart 64, mario 64, TLOZ OOT and many many more, all that PS1 had was smakdown and about a 100000 dance matts <_<

Peerzyboy ;)

Necrobrogdon
02-27-2004, 02:56 AM
"the chart" as some may call it.......

Best Graphics
1.Xbox
2.Gamecube
3.PS2

Best Games
1. Xbox/Gamecube tie
2.Ps2

Best Sales
1.PS2
2.Xbox
3.Gamecube

Best Online play
1.Xbox
2.Ps2
3.Gamecube

so in conclusion, i would say the xbox is the best sytem, and that the only reason ps2 outsells it because the ps2 was out for a year longer than xbox.

uNz[i]
02-27-2004, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by peerzyboy@27 February 2004 - 02:18

for me the N64 was N&#39;s best console, the &#39;bulky drive&#39; was named 64DD in the UK but never made it here, but n64 had some of the best games ever made, conkers bad fur day, goldeneye 007, perfect dark, mario kart 64, mario 64, TLOZ OOT and many many more, all that PS1 had was smakdown and about a 100000 dance matts <_<

Peerzyboy ;)
Wow, you certainly glossed over a lot of cool games with that "smakdown and about a 100000 dance matts" comment. :lol:

With the exception of Zelda,(<--The only reason I bought my N64) Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, the majority of N64 titles were clearly kiddy games. Even Pilotwings64 had a juvenile feel to it.

And what about the plethora of PS1 driving and racing games that totally outclassed the N64&#39;s rather lacking driving game library?

Then there&#39;s games like Metal Gear Solid, GTA and the Resident Evil series.
It would&#39;ve been a cold day in hell before any of those games were allowed to have a Nintendo release... actually I was amazed that Doom 64 ever made it to the shelves.

Even Square abandoned Nintendo and took thier Final Fantasy series to Sony.

Don&#39;t get me wrong, I&#39;m as far from a Nintendo h8r as is humanly possible...
After all, I chose Nintendo over Sega during that phase of the console wars during late &#39;80s - early &#39;90s.

It&#39;s just that the games for each system are so clearly aimed at different age groups.
Nintendo always has and always will cater to the safe Family and Young player sector, Sony will aim for everything else, with a preference for the 18 - 35 age group.

For me Nintendo&#39;s best ever console was the Snes. It was technically superior to everything else on the market at the time, and it&#39;s game library was unrivalled.
In comparison, the N64&#39;s game library was a huge letdown once you got over being impressed by the 3D graphics.

h1
02-27-2004, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by uNz[i]@26 February 2004 - 01:38
Heres (http://www.blimey.strayduck.com/) something you might like then. :D
:w00t: You are my personal Jesus.

I did have over 3GB of MAME files when I was using Windows. :P

uNz[i]
02-27-2004, 07:24 AM
heh.. glad you liked the link haxor, but I&#39;m not the messiah... I&#39;m a very naughty gamer. ;)

TARPD
02-27-2004, 12:36 PM
With the exception of Zelda,(<--The only reason I bought my N64) Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, the majority of N64 titles were clearly kiddy games. Even Pilotwings64 had a juvenile feel to it.

how dare you? :angry:

pilotwings pwn3d :01:

cant wait for the N5 version :drool:

uNz[i]
02-27-2004, 03:46 PM
I dare because I know I&#39;m right ...I own a copy. :P

Hey, I didn&#39;t say Pilotwings64 was a bad game.
If I thought it sucked I wouldn&#39;t have bought it.

I just said that it had a kiddy feel to it.... just like most N64 games. :)

WOX
02-28-2004, 04:21 AM
that is true most of the games for n64 are for kids but there are some others that rock personally i like playing the best games on an emulator.

Peerzy
02-28-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by WOX@28 February 2004 - 04:21
that is true most of the games for n64 are for kids but there are some others that rock personally i like playing the best games on an emulator.
Yes the good thing about the N64 is that its still very playable and has some great games and can be emulatored on a mid-ish pc. i dont think i will ever stop playing Perfect dark and conkers bad fur day.

However yes i did exagerate on the 10000 dance matt things, C12 final ristance was pritty gopod, i never liked tomb raider or GT, GTA was good but i&#39;d played on PC, and crash bandicut was just some shit rodent in a fucking sewer with lighting everywhere. and crok just annoyed me, with the bastard rivber race :angry: :P

Peerzyboy ;)

uNz[i]
02-29-2004, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I wasn&#39;t too interested in Tomb Raider either... I still don&#39;t see why so many people got all excited about Lara Croft&#39;s pixelly butt. :lol:

WOX
03-01-2004, 02:53 AM
yeah it&#39;s true the character move was pretty bad the graphics wasn&#39;t well and i didn&#39;t like the camera either i only played like half hour and i won&#39;t play it again.

silent VI
03-01-2004, 03:17 AM
http://www.cagames.co.uk/images/ps2.jpg

http://www.azursoft.fr/gameup.com/dossiers/ps2/images/ps2.jpg

http://www.azursoft.fr/gameup.com/dossiers/ps2/images/ps2-004.jpg

Image Resized
http://atlas.kek.jp/sub/photos/TGCElec/ps2.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://atlas.kek.jp/sub/photos/TGCElec/ps2.jpg')

[img]http://www.gaming-zone.net/images/ps2.gif

http://www.izu.co.jp/~fal/cg/title/ps2.jpg

http://www.bikr.net/ps2.jpg

Image Resized
[img]http://www.ripnet-uk.com/reviews/misc/quietfeet/PS2.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://www.ripnet-uk.com/reviews/misc/quietfeet/PS2.jpg')