PDA

View Full Version : Linux Favorite Linux App

LSA
02-22-2004, 09:04 PM
Mine is gtk-gnutella

or firefox :P

shn
02-22-2004, 09:29 PM
Konqueror. I use it for basically everything. KDE has came a long way. Most people will notice that konquorer never crashes. Their previous versions were bloated and crashed all the time. It's a shame that KDE 3.2 is now more stable than Gnome. Gnome has gone Gnowhere with their development :(

lol, now the only problem I have is figuring out wether to use konqueror for a browser or firefox since they both work really well. Most the times I go ahead and use firefox :P

LSA
02-22-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by shn@22 February 2004 - 15:29
Konqueror. I use it for basically everything. KDE has came a long way. Most people will notice that konquorer never crashes. Their previous versions were bloated and crashed all the time. It's a shame that KDE 3.2 is now more stable than Gnome. Gnome has gone Gnowhere with their development :(

lol, now the only problem I have is figuring out wether to use konqueror for a browser or firefox since they both work really well. Most the times I go ahead and use firefox :P
Wow, KDE 3.1 is kinda crashy over here, I should upgrade once I get slackware :w00t:

The text on a webpage in konqueror looks like chicken scratch if its not antialiased in 3.1, :lol: probably can change the font in there somewhere though.

shn
02-22-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by LSA+22 February 2004 - 15:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LSA &#064; 22 February 2004 - 15:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-shn@22 February 2004 - 15:29
Konqueror.&nbsp; I use it for basically everything.&nbsp; KDE has came a long way.&nbsp; Most people will notice that konquorer never crashes.&nbsp; Their previous versions were bloated and crashed all the time.&nbsp; It&#39;s a shame that KDE 3.2 is now more stable than Gnome.&nbsp; Gnome has gone Gnowhere with their development&nbsp; :(

lol, now the only problem I have is figuring out wether to use konqueror for a browser or firefox since they both work really well.&nbsp; Most the times I go ahead and use firefox&nbsp; :P
Wow, KDE 3.1 is kinda crashy over here, I should upgrade once I get slackware :w00t:

The text on a webpage in konqueror looks like chicken scratch if its not antialiased in 3.1, :lol: probably can change the font in there somewhere though.[/b][/quote]
You will probably like 3.2. It has not crashed on me yet. When it does I let you know :lol:

Actually I was given the tip by my fellow linux user group. After nautilus continually crashed on me. I have theese snow apple icons that look like glass and I use the aqua mac os theme in Gnome and it is simply beautiful. So it was hard for me to give up gnome but after I tried 3.2 I had no choice. And to be honest I think icewm and other extremely lightweight desktops are the best way to go, but only if memory is a problem. Some people do not like linux to be themed but once it is it looks 10 times better than any windose desktop B)

h1
02-22-2004, 10:54 PM
OOo.

LSA
02-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by haxor41789+22 February 2004 - 16:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (haxor41789 &#064; 22 February 2004 - 16:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> OOo. [/b]
That&#39;s an openoffice.org, right?

<!--QuoteBegin-shn
You will probably like 3.2. It has not crashed on me yet. When it does I let you know :lol:

Actually I was given the tip by my fellow linux user group. After nautilus continually crashed on me. I have theese snow apple icons that look like glass and I use the aqua mac os theme in Gnome and it is simply beautiful. So it was hard for me to give up gnome but after I tried 3.2 I had no choice. And to be honest I think icewm and other extremely lightweight desktops are the best way to go, but only if memory is a problem. Some people do not like linux to be themed but once it is it looks 10 times better than any windose desktop B)[/quote]

Was that your latest screenshot in &#39;The Desktop Thread&#39; (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=98688&st=280)? That does look pretty good http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/thmbup.gif, it would eat my puter alive&#33; :ph34r:

I had the gtk-panther (http://themes.freshmeat.net/projects/panther-gtk/), almost and exact copy of osx, it looked great but tore my puter apart :( , plus it was for gnome.

shn
02-23-2004, 01:42 AM
That black one there before was an old Gnome screenshot I had in my folder. I do not remember when I took it :lol: But I replaced it with the aqua theme and snow apple folders for you to see.

And if you ever run Gnome and you like it then its called the Aquavito theme. :)

LSA
02-23-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by shn@22 February 2004 - 19:42
That black one there before was an old Gnome screenshot I had in my folder. I do not remember when I took it :lol: But I replaced it with the aqua theme and snow apple folders for you to see.

And if you ever run Gnome and you like it then its called the Aquavito theme. :)
Oooo, that is a nice one http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/thmbup.gif

h1
02-23-2004, 05:07 AM
Damn, that&#39;s nice. /downloading now...