PDA

View Full Version : Very Serious Virus Alarm In Overnet Lite

supernico
02-24-2004, 09:53 AM
Just did an update and got this notification!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:
This is very serious! :angry: :angry: :angry:
It means that overnet lite has a virus inside. I removed it and installed it again and the virus is in the installer. It is a new virus and i think it has been set there on purpose!

Scan type: Realtime Protection Scan
Event: Virus Found!
Virus name: Backdoor.Blarul
File: C:\Program Files\Overnet Lite\overnet.exe
Computer: NONE
User: SUPERMAN
Action taken: Clean failed : Quarantine failed : Access denied
Date found: dinsdag 24 februari 2004 9:54:46

MUSLEMAN
02-24-2004, 10:06 AM
lol this is a false reading that systematic and norton only show no body else with any other kind of av finds this.

supernico
02-24-2004, 10:18 AM
You sure? I was shocked when i read the warning. Anyway, when I think about it you must be right....I will keep on using it!

MUSLEMAN
02-24-2004, 10:20 AM
yes watch every body with sytematic and norton will start this same topic once they update their defenitions. :lol:

maxdm51
02-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Haven't start new topic though :D but same thing happened to me. Virus inside install file for overnet??? Strange thing is that i used overnetlite for 2 weeks and there was no warnings about any virus. Woke up this morning and found virus warning(before checking this forum) so i uninstalled and delited program :blink:
Now, can somebody tell me where to d.loadid again??

MUSLEMAN
02-24-2004, 11:32 AM
go here to the ed2k part and you will see your 2 choises of how you can do it (http://ktechsupport.clicdev.com/f/index.php?act=idx) :lol:

maxdm51
02-24-2004, 11:41 AM
Cool,
everything fixed again! Thanx M-man!
Just a peace of hard-learned advice for those who do some mistake as me: you will have to disable norton av before you install (again) overnetlite becouse once av detected so-called virus-it will not let you install overnet again. Automaticly erasing exe file all the time. So disable av, install ov.-lite and then put exclusion in av program for overnet and put norton beck.
p.s.
sounds like work but it's fun :D

MUSLEMAN
02-24-2004, 01:01 PM
well done boss :lol: