PDA

View Full Version : How To Get Unlisted Numbers?

dmorgan89
02-25-2004, 03:51 AM
i need to know if there's any free way to get unlisted numbers and such? does anybody know a way to do this? if there a program that will get information on someone?

shn
02-25-2004, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by dmorgan89@24 February 2004 - 21:51
i need to know if there's any free way to get unlisted numbers and such?  does anybody know a way to do this?  if there a program that will get information on someone?
You will not get unlisted numbers on anyone ever unless you break into phone company.

That is why my number is unlisted.

As for public info. The best way to get public information is your local couthouse. And yes the clerk will make you pay a fee.

Other programs that claim to do such are rip offs and only give you advice on where to find such info which leads us back to the above..........your local couthouse.

When websites do background checks all they are doing is searching public information. You come out better searching for it yourself.

The numbers you seek may not be unlisted at all. Try one of the many internet phone directories. :)

dmorgan89
02-25-2004, 04:35 AM
it's unlisted alright. i've tried. i thought programs like net detective could tell you about a person what the fbi know about them and stuff. are they ripoffs?

shn
02-25-2004, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by dmorgan89@24 February 2004 - 22:35
it's unlisted alright.  i've tried.  i thought programs like net detective could tell you about a person what the fbi know about them and stuff.  are they ripoffs?
Assuming you do not buy the product and just download it somewhere then no they are not rip offs.

If you call a waste of time and bandwitdh a rip off then yes they are.

I almost want to say go ahead and give it a try but since I wont get to see the disappointment on your face when you do I would say they are no good and to just search for the info yourself.

Are you from the U.S.?

Many states are now making public information available as an online database although not all states have adopted the method yet. Mine has but its cost several hundred dollars a year. Either way it will cost you if you want someone else to do the work for you. :)

dmorgan89
02-25-2004, 05:36 AM
it's really just the unlisted number i need. they wouldn't give that to me anyways, even if i paid would they?

h1
02-25-2004, 05:49 AM
Social engineering.

Storm
02-25-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by dmorgan89@25 February 2004 - 04:51
i need to know if there's any free way to get unlisted numbers and such? does anybody know a way to do this? if there a program that will get information on someone?
depends on what country your in.......... here in holland unlisted numbers (here they're called "secret numbers") are just not listed in the phonebook..........

you also have the option to not make em appear on phone bills (im still wondering what the use is of that......... you cant see em on a bill.......... but then, havent you allready called em????), and not appear in the "who's calling"-box..........

point being, if you ask the telecom op, you can buy entire records with numbers (listed and unlisted) for a couple of hundreds.......... (so it kinda depends how badly you want it)

I.am
02-25-2004, 10:26 AM
Bad Idea. The reason why a number is unlisted to save people from psycho's and freako's who can do anything to get the number, even go to a forum for example and make a whole bloddy topic about it. :lol: j/k

The information can be miused. So tis best no one knows ;)

shn
02-25-2004, 04:54 PM
http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/dumpster6456.gif

:ph34r:

fkdup74
02-25-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by I.am@25 February 2004 - 02:26
Bad Idea. The reason why a number is unlisted to save people from psycho's and freako's who can do anything to get the number, even go to a forum for example and make a whole bloddy topic about it. :lol: j/k

:lol: ya read my mind I.am

this kinda shit is what stalkers do.....