PDA

View Full Version : System Tray Clock

quiksilver_aus
02-26-2004, 02:58 AM
is it possible for the system tray clock to also display the date? i know this is possible in XP if you make the taskbar have more than one row, but i'd like to know if it can be done on one row.

Virtualbody1234
02-26-2004, 04:56 AM
Just move your mouse pointer onto the clock and let it hover for a second.

uNz[i]
02-26-2004, 05:47 AM
Sounds like another job for TClockEx (http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/tclockex/index.htm).

I love this nifty little app. :D

liquidacid
02-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Nice link by unZi. Virtualbody, well.

If you use Mozilla Firefox there is an extension that displays a calender on the status bar above the system clock. If you don't use Firefox, i recommend that you do.
:)

delphin460
02-26-2004, 11:48 AM
omg go back to comp's for dummies, everyone knows to put your mouse over the time to get the date,

the question is how did you work out how to turn you comp on lol

liquidacid
02-26-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by delphin460@26 February 2004 - 12:48
omg go back to comp's for dummies, everyone knows to put your mouse over the time to get the date,

It seems very obvious to me that he wants the system tray to display the date in the system tray. I think what gave it away, for me anyway, was when he said, "is it possible for the system tray clock to also display the date?".

But hey, well done for being so leet.

BILLY-THE-FISH
02-26-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by liquidacid+26 February 2004 - 11:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (liquidacid @ 26 February 2004 - 11:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-delphin460@26 February 2004 - 12:48
omg go back to comp&#39;s for dummies, everyone knows to put your mouse over the time to get the date,

It seems very obvious to me that he wants the system tray to display the date in the system tray. I think what gave it away, for me anyway, was when he said, "is it possible for the system tray clock to also display the date?".

But hey, well done for being so leet. [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

quiksilver_aus
02-26-2004, 11:27 PM
tclockex puts a background behind the tie and date, doesn&#39;t look pretty. i want something that is seemless with the windows xp shell. right now i&#39;m using the silver theme which i dont want to change and has a slight gradient from one shade of gray to another.

any ideas on a kind of tweak to get the date "IN THE TRAY" without using a proggy to overlap the clock?

h1
02-26-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by delphin460@26 February 2004 - 06:48
omg go back to comp&#39;s for dummies, everyone knows to put your mouse over the time to get the date,

omg go back to English for dummies, everyone knows how to speak English correctly to get respect

the question is how did you work out how to post here lol

ninjamonkey
02-27-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by liquidacid@26 February 2004 - 11:22
Nice link by unZi. Virtualbody, well.

If you use Mozilla Firefox there is an extension that displays a calender on the status bar above the system clock. If you don&#39;t use Firefox, i recommend that you do.
hmm, i don&#39;t see it. where exactly is it. i have the status bar appearing.

liquidacid
02-27-2004, 12:36 AM
You need to install the extension first.

http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#statusbarclock

EDIT:-

A demonstrative picture -----&#62;http://www.sighost.us/members/PartyWeirdo/statusbarclock.jpg

ninjamonkey
02-27-2004, 12:49 AM
that looks pretty cool.
by the way, whats that black and white head in your taskbar?

quiksilver_aus
02-27-2004, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by liquidacid@26 February 2004 - 18:36
You need to install the extension first.

http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#statusbarclock

EDIT:-

A demonstrative picture -----&#62;http://www.sighost.us/members/PartyWeirdo/statusbarclock.jpg
ok, i think we&#39;re making progress here.
what i want is for that date and time to be on ONE LINE beside the icons. NOT TWO. NOT SOMETHING THAT OVERLAPS. there must be some way to tweak XP.

h1
02-27-2004, 05:27 AM
:huh: But TClockEx does that.

the mask
02-27-2004, 06:16 AM
the TClockx, is not that good, i mean it displays exactly what you want it to display, but mine only show 50% of itself somtimes and the rest just disappears&#33; :(

uNz[i]
02-27-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by quiksilver_aus@27 February 2004 - 08:57
tclockex puts a background behind the tie and date, doesn&#39;t look pretty. i want something that is seemless with the windows xp shell. right now i&#39;m using the silver theme which i dont want to change and has a slight gradient from one shade of gray to another.

any ideas on a kind of tweak to get the date "IN THE TRAY" without using a proggy to overlap the clock?
Agreed. The forced colour background is the only gripe I&#39;ve got with TClockEx. :)
However, if you take a screenshot of the systray, then open that in a gfx app to find an average colour tone with a colour picker tool, you can match the clock bg fairly closely.
Thats what I&#39;ve done. It eases the ugly just enough for the clock not to be too offensive.

TClockEx, and the slightly less functional TClock (http://homepage1.nifty.com/kazubon/tclock/indexe.html) are the only ways I&#39;ve found to get the clock and calendar on the same line in the systray.

These two little apps seem to hint that there&#39;s some way to do it without the need for added software.... possibly an obscure registry setting or similar?

If anyone ever does manage to find a tweak or a clock/calendar app for XP that is 100% compatible with the shaded systray background, please let me know.
TIA. :)

@ the mask
Thats the first time I&#39;ve ever heard of anyone having display issues with TClockEX. :blink:
It&#39;s never gone wrong for me, and I&#39;ve been using it since my Win98 days... which was 2 years ago now.
See how you go with TClock instead...