PDA

View Full Version : Is This Possible...

Confuzzled
03-07-2003, 02:40 AM
Okay so here is my question... I know that it is possible to get the video card and hook up your tv.. and record the movie off with a VCR... But you know how you can put 2 VCR's on a TV and play something on one , and record whatever your playing on the tv with that VCR, with the other VCR ???

So my question is, is it possible to play something on my TV... a converted divx to vcd on my DVD player to be exact... and have my VCR hooked up to it and record what my DVD player is playing on the TV, onto a VHS with my VCR ?

Hopefully my question is clear bc I am even confusin myself...lol... :unsure: :blink: :)

THANKS !!!

sred2003
03-07-2003, 02:43 AM
sure you should be able to do that...
but why wouldnt you just use your vid card tv-out to play the original rip
and record that considering it will be WAAAAYY better quality than the vcd.
but what you described should is possible.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-07-2003, 02:45 AM
Yep, its possible. My mom knows how to do it. Hook up the "plugs"(they're either gold, black or a combo of red, white and yellow) into the Stereo inputs (Video/L-Audio/R-Audio) of the TV. Then connect the cable from the VCR to the TV. Play the VCD and record. After a couple sec's, stop recording and check to see if it works. Sorry if its confusing and what-not but my mom isn't home right now to explain it better.

Confuzzled
03-07-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by sred2003@7 March 2003 - 03:43
sure you should be able to do that...
but why wouldnt you just use your vid card tv-out to play the original rip
and record that considering it will be WAAAAYY better quality than the vcd.
but what you described should is possible.
THANKS !!! :D Well... because before I went and bought a video card with a tv-out... I just wanted to see if this was possible.... Could you describe the quality difference for me please ? Like How is the quality better ?
Thanks again !

Confuzzled
03-07-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Shinigami@7 March 2003 - 03:45
Yep, its possible. My mom knows how to do it. Hook up the "plugs"(they're either gold, black or a combo of red, white and yellow) into the Stereo inputs (Video/L-Audio/R-Audio) of the TV. Then connect the cable from the VCR to the TV. Play the VCD and record. After a couple sec's, stop recording and check to see if it works. Sorry if its confusing and what-not but my mom isn't home right now to explain it better.
THANKS SOO MUCH !!! I was just about to ask how to connect them.... :D :D :D I think I understand how you explained it... yeah.. I believe I do.. THANKS AGAIN !!!

sred2003
03-07-2003, 02:57 AM
okay the priginal dvd rip in avi format with file size around 700megs
is going to be near dvd quality. when it is converted to vcd you lose
picture quality, significantly. this is the price you pay to be able to burn it to a regular cd. trust me the vcd is going to be watchable but the original .avi
is the way to go considering you have the choice. if you have the original
then try converting the first 5 minutes to vcd and watch it full screen and
compare the 2. trust me you will see the difference.

Confuzzled
03-07-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by sred2003@7 March 2003 - 03:57
okay the priginal dvd rip in avi format with file size around 700megs
is going to be near dvd quality. when it is converted to vcd you lose
picture quality, significantly. this is the price you pay to be able to burn it to a regular cd. trust me the vcd is going to be watchable but the original .avi
is the way to go considering you have the choice. if you have the original
then try converting the first 5 minutes to vcd and watch it full screen and
compare the 2. trust me you will see the difference.
Thanks again for the info... I know what you mean.. The first few vcd's I did in full screen were a buncha sqaures... But when I do them in widescreen... which I don't mind widescreen, the quality is just as good as the computer I think..... But thats really only if someone doesn't mind the widescreen.. but I agree with what you are saying in the quality difference in full screen and computer.... But when I make it keep the ascpect ratio.... it looks great... I am gonna go ahead and do it the vcr/dvd way.... but thanks !!! :)

sred2003
03-07-2003, 07:15 AM
um actually even if you keep aspect ration you lose quality still.
like my two towers is 640x272 resolution and the vcd is
352x240 resolution. dude you lose quality from original rip to vcd
its clearly noticable too i can live with vcd's. but since you could
make you copy directly from the rip and not have to convert them...
oh well why do it care

Longdong
03-07-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Shinigami@7 March 2003 - 03:45
Yep, its possible. My mom knows how to do it.
hey your mom is pretty "up to date" then :D :D :D Mine diesn't even know where the power switch is on my PC!

Jibbler
03-08-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Confuzzled@6 March 2003 - 21:40
Okay so here is my question... I know that it is possible to get the video card and hook up your tv.. and record the movie off with a VCR... But you know how you can put 2 VCR's on a TV and play something on one , and record whatever your playing on the tv with that VCR, with the other VCR ???

So my question is, is it possible to play something on my TV... a converted divx to vcd on my DVD player to be exact... and have my VCR hooked up to it and record what my DVD player is playing on the TV, onto a VHS with my VCR ?
Buy the movie. Or watch it on your pc. You won't be happy with a 4th (or more) generation recording. :huh: :huh: --

Jibbler

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-08-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by Longdong+7 March 2003 - 13:40--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Longdong @ 7 March 2003 - 13:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Shinigami@7 March 2003 - 03:45
Yep, its possible.&nbsp; My mom knows how to do it.
hey your mom is pretty "up to date" then :D :D :D Mine diesn&#39;t even know where the power switch is on my PC&#33; [/b][/quote]
LOL, yea, I guess. My mom got me into movies and my dad got me into computers. Well, yea, thats where I ended up lol :lol: