PDA

View Full Version : Copying

Flametongue
02-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Can anyone tell me a good software to copy games becasue i tried nero and it didn't work

kaiweiler
02-28-2004, 11:03 PM
what happened? did you get numorous read errors? if so the cd is copyrighted
try using CloneCD (http://www.clonecd.net/), but if it is copyrited then you may still have difficulties, theres always ways around that though, try this and let me know how far you get, if I dont reply give me a PM

Smurfette
02-28-2004, 11:26 PM
The new copy protection techniques are too good for CloneCD, Alcohol, Daemon Tools, GameJack and probably everything else.

You're down to copying the CD contents to a folder on your HDD, downloading a crack, saving that to a new folder in the one with the CD contents, burning it all back to a data disc, installing it and copying over the crack.

Now, I hope we're not going to get a 'how do I do that?' reply. :)

kaiweiler
02-28-2004, 11:30 PM
Yes that is correct
I guess it all comes down to which game you are trying to copy

peat moss
02-29-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by kaiweiler@28 February 2004 - 15:30
Yes that is correct
I guess it all comes down to which game you are trying to copy
Kai your always helping how do you find the time? ,with all that snow shoveling :)

kaiweiler
02-29-2004, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by peat moss@28 February 2004 - 20:06
Kai your always helping  how do you find the time? ,with all that snow shoveling :)
:lol:
It's mainly because I have no life! Aside from school, work, and my computer, there's nothing!
So I just sit around on here and talk to you folks! can't complain :P
Anyway, you people helped me so much when I was a n00b, now that I have a little knowledge I help out the n00bs that used to be me just cuz I know I was grateful whenever you guys gave me advice or told me what to do!
Oh and how do you like my new sig?? :rolleyes: I am terrible with stuff like this! lol this is the best I could come up with! ;)

peat moss
02-29-2004, 04:55 AM
Sig looks good, But I like your avatar better :lol:

Smurfette
02-29-2004, 05:35 AM
Nice blue water type effect in your sig. I like it.

Since I installed Photoshop, my boy has moved away from drawing and scanning in his work, preferring to play with effects and layers
At the risk of sounding like a proud dad praising where it isn't due, his work can be seen HERE (http://redberry.deviantart.com/).