PDA

View Full Version : I'll Get Me Coat...

Smurfette
02-29-2004, 05:49 AM
OK, my post count currently sits at 480, and I've made a decision that after 500 I'll be leaving.
I may not actually completely disappear as I like it here, but I certainly gotta cut down on my nyms lol :D I'm starting to get confused!
I only used this name to separate my kazaa and newsgroup sharing alias with my 'proper' alias.

100%
02-29-2004, 05:52 AM
The challenges mankide make for themselves are amazing

h1
02-29-2004, 06:06 AM
Uh, Softwareworld?

I.am
02-29-2004, 06:22 AM
Ya, I guess sometimes this is the only lounge for us geeks :lol:

Hope you will keep coming back Smurfette. Been there done that :D

peat moss
02-29-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Smurfette@28 February 2004 - 21:49
OK, my post count currently sits at 480, and I've made a decision that after 500 I'll be leaving.
I may not actually completely disappear as I like it here, but I certainly gotta cut down on my nyms lol :D I'm starting to get confused!
I only used this name to separate my kazaa and newsgroup sharing alias with my 'proper' alias.
Smurette you misersable old Fart oops I mean Git I for one like your refreshing out look its up to you, but stay, teach us :)

Smurfette
03-01-2004, 02:57 AM
I posted here because this is where I seem to post most.

Like I said, I prolly won't be leaving completely, but I'll be doing it under a more honest alias. It's odd posting under one name here and binary newsgroups and another in other forums and groups - I wanted to simplify matters for myself.

I'm not going to say what my 'new' alias is but if the more keen-eyed of you happen to notice it, just don't mention it.

Izagaia
03-01-2004, 07:47 PM
I have never had to worry about keeping internet names apart from one to site/forum to the next. I just seemed to have a "built-in" way to do so. "Izagaia" (my first name) just doesn't appear on the top-ten list of commonly used screen names.

If it hasn't already been used on AIM, you know it has to be alright. :D

You may be a "miserable old git", but you are an interesting old git nonetheless. And I hate to see anyone who contributes to the communites, I frequent become strangers. So bygones be bygones- don't be a stranger. :)

p.s. - what in hell is a "git" anywho? :P :huh:

Smurfette
03-02-2004, 10:49 PM
Well, it's not that I was ever worried but if my normal handle was associated with posting or sharing stuff I would've gotten hassled by some that know my normal one well but not Smurfette. This is mainly people from quite a few newsgroups that I've drifted away from.

A git? Well, it's... erm... a uh... hmm. It's difficult to pin it down exactly.
It's a derogative term (mainly used playfully, in joking, sort of) for a rogue. Although the definition of 'bastard' is someone of disputed parentage, in the UK it's mainly used as a general insult in the same way as 'git', although not in such a light-hearted manner.
I don't know if I've explained that very well.